Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 26-09-2017, 17:20   #3721
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

After closing their digital store the BBC are to make hundreds of classic shows available on Iplayer

https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/25/...ve-classic-TV/
Advertisement
Old 27-09-2017, 00:33   #3722
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
They can keep it lol.
Why is that, theone? Do you have a preferred streaming service that is legal to use and doesn't require a vpn?

I think the Roku has the most channels, but I'm also quite impressed with the Amazon Fire stick.
Old 27-09-2017, 11:48   #3723
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Another studio moving there stuff away from the likes of Amazon and Netflix.

https://www.recode.net/2017/9/25/163...american-crime
Old 27-09-2017, 12:02   #3724
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

But hang on MM as according to OB Amazon and Netflix were going to dominate the world as they swallowed everybody else's content up.
Old 27-09-2017, 13:27   #3725
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Why is that, theone? Do you have a preferred streaming service that is legal to use and doesn't require a vpn?

I think the Roku has the most channels, but I'm also quite impressed with the Amazon Fire stick.
Just no interest in another fire tv, quite happy with my android box which gives me everything i need including netflix.
I tend to dip in and out of amazon instant video.
Got a roku too but as i've stated in the past that's set for US channels.
Old 27-09-2017, 20:32   #3726
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Amazon video may be finally arriving on Appletv this Thursday http://cordcuttersnews.com/amazon-vi...ight-football/
Old 28-09-2017, 10:53   #3727
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
But hang on MM as according to OB Amazon and Netflix were going to dominate the world as they swallowed everybody else's content up.
It seems OB is MIA
Old 28-09-2017, 11:06   #3728
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It seems OB is MIA
We better get Chuck out methinks to search for him..
Old 28-09-2017, 16:43   #3729
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
We better get Chuck out methinks to search for him..
I'm still here, but puzzling about what on Earth I said to give you the impression that Netflix and Amazon would dominate the world!

What I have said is that the broadcast channels would be unable to get anywhere near as much content from US studios and would either have to produce more of their own originals or die.

Fox is doing the sensible thing and putting all its originals on to its own streaming service, as existing contracts permit. That is the way to go, but I also hope that such content is not exclusive forever because that disadvantages the viewer, who cannot be expected to subscribe to the many services that will develop over time.

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Just no interest in another fire tv, quite happy with my android box which gives me everything i need including netflix.
I tend to dip in and out of amazon instant video.
Got a roku too but as i've stated in the past that's set for US channels.
Yes, the Roku does have rather a lot of US content, but then again it does I think have all the UK streaming services that are available, so I don't see what they can do about that.
Old 28-09-2017, 17:17   #3730
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
What I have said is that the broadcast channels would be unable to get anywhere near as much content from US studios and would either have to produce more of their own originals or die.
Fox owns many broadcast channels across the world , Fox isn't suddenly going to stop providing it's own linear channels content it's merely going to keep at least first run content off the likes of Netflix and Amazon in favour of its own OTT service.
Old 28-09-2017, 17:53   #3731
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Fox owns many broadcast channels across the world , Fox isn't suddenly going to stop providing it's own linear channels content it's merely going to keep at least first run content off the likes of Netflix and Amazon in favour of its own OTT service.
I was referring to our own broadcast channels. Despite the huge amount of money the BBC has had coming in over the years, it has screened a lot of US content. It won't be able to do that in the future.

ITV has been getting better with its original content of late, and this is probably the reason for it.
Old 28-09-2017, 18:22   #3732
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Quote:

Fox is doing the sensible thing and putting all its originals on to its own streaming service, as existing contracts permit. That is the way to go, but I also hope that such content is not exclusive forever because that disadvantages the viewer, who cannot be expected to subscribe to the many services that will develop over time.

Bad news for consumers, there are only so many services that they can subscribe to, it would almost be cheaper to subscribe to cable or satellite
Old 28-09-2017, 20:05   #3733
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by toady View Post

Bad news for consumers, there are only so many services that they can subscribe to, it would almost be cheaper to subscribe to cable or satellite
Well, I'm currently subscribing to Amazon, Netflix and Now TV, and I am still paying nowhere near what I'm forking out for digital cable channels.

In fact, I could subscribe to another six streaming services charging the same rates as them before I get close to what I'm paying for cable TV!

This is why the pay tv operators need to up their game.
Old 01-10-2017, 22:55   #3734
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

TV Player have a great deal on their annual subscription. Sign up now using promo code: crazydeal to get 12 months for only £29.99. Works out at £2.49 per month which is a total bargain. Only problem is offer is only valid until midnight tonight.

NOW TV also have a great offer for new customers. Get 12 months entertainment pass, and 12 months movie pass, for only £99.99.

https://signup.nowtv.com/single?prod...Fentertainment

Last edited by Chad; 01-10-2017 at 22:58.
Old 02-10-2017, 00:15   #3735
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
TV Player have a great deal on their annual subscription. Sign up now using promo code: crazydeal to get 12 months for only £29.99. Works out at £2.49 per month which is a total bargain. Only problem is offer is only valid until midnight tonight.

NOW TV also have a great offer for new customers. Get 12 months entertainment pass, and 12 months movie pass, for only £99.99.

https://signup.nowtv.com/single?prod...Fentertainment
Both very good deals anyone grabs them both will have all the tv they need bar sports for a cracking price under £140 for the year.
Closed Thread