Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Network Congestion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Network Congestion

Old 16-05-2022, 13:31   #121
Brunel
Chief Mechanical Engineer

Services: V.M. M. 125 November 6 2018. Finally connected.
Brunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the rough
Re: Network Congestion

V.M. "HOTLINE" Now states fault is cleared.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TBB PINGY AFTER FAULT CLEARED.jpg (94.2 KB, 24 views)
Brunel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-05-2022, 14:23   #122
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I rather like the 900Mbps upload speed.
900Mb is more than most people need most of the time, but it has its moments.

I run a Plex server from my Synology ds920+ so if I have 10 simultaneous clients at a weekend, I still have 700Mb unused available for two gaming sons and peer to peer stuff. Last night I upload a 15Gb video file of the drone display in Coventry to Google Drive. I don't know their server capacity, but it was all done in <4 minutes.

I guess, when the internet of things becomes totally embedded in our lives and commerce recognises that it can provide us with more and more speed-hungry applications, then 900Mb upstream becomes essential.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2022, 15:00   #123
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I would love 900mbits upload and as with the case with download speed, the more the better. I would rather something download at 1gbit/sec and take 10 seconds to download than it ticking away at a fraction of the speed and saturating my connection for 1 hour.

It sounds ridiculous now but I can remember downloading a certain 350mb divx file 21 years ago when I came back from uni for Christmas and it took 3 days. I can't remember whether my isp was VM at the time or someone else but they disconnected you (dial up) every 4 hours and I had to use a download manager to resume the download. If I did it now those 3 days would literally be 3 seconds.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2022, 21:14   #124
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

Services: 1GB Volt, Telephone all Inclusive.
Corey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the rough

I'm quite happy with VMs 1GB, i just wish they would increase their upload.
Corey N Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2022, 01:03   #125
Brunel

Brunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the rough

28-05-22

Over utilisation? at 05:30?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BQM-28-05-22 --23-56.jpg (132.2 KB, 28 views)
Old 29-05-2022, 10:52   #126
Brunel

AREA FAULT. The usual complex issues,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BQM- 29-05- AM.jpg (148.7 KB, 22 views)
Old 29-05-2022, 11:49   #127
Brunel

Strange? that the fault showed for exactly 12Hrs.