Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Hub 5 at no extra cost

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Hub 5 at no extra cost

Old 19-10-2021, 18:59   #16
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: Hub 5 at no extra cost

Still the cat's out of the bag on forums they cannot control.
Advertisement
Old 19-10-2021, 21:08   #17
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

I have the distinct impression these emails went out by accident and it wasn't supposed to have been talked about yet.

Still, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth that they then delete threads on the forum where customers obviously ask questions based on emails they have sent out. This is why I tend not to like forums affiliated too closely to companies.
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2021, 21:32   #18
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtho782 View Post
So, nothing seems to have been officially announced. The picture you've posted looks similar to the new mini TV box, so seems legit.

Previously they have rebranded and reboxed Arris Touchstone devices. If this is what they have done again, then this could well be a TG9452 - seems the most likely upgrade path.

This would provide 1x2.5GbE port, 802.11ax wifi, and most excitingly, a BCM3390 SoC rather than the intel puma trash of the hub 3 + 4.

Here's hoping!
you must be Rich then as I just read your post on ispreview and knew I had seen it hahaha
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2021, 22:45   #19
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
you must be Rich then as I just read your post on ispreview and knew I had seen it hahaha
Heh, the "r" in my username is my first initial
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2021, 00:00   #20
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
I wonder if this hub will be offered to everyone on Gig1.
you would think so wouldn't you but it looks like they want to upgrade everyone on the legacy tiers with the latest bit of kit.

It sounds like a 2gbit tier is in the works and as they have promised everyone 1gbit by Christmas it makes sense for them to do a major announcement of 2gbit next month (they have historically made major tier announcements in November) and they can tie in the shub 5 with it to reassure customers they will be able to achieve the speed. In the meantime the peeps on the lower tiers can be the guinea pigs and iron out all the bugs for them.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2021, 00:55   #21
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
you would think so wouldn't you but it looks like they want to upgrade everyone on the legacy tiers with the latest bit of kit.
Everyone will need a Hub 3 or later in order to complete the decommission of the cable analogue phone network.

So everyone will end up with a Hub 3, Hub 4 or Hub 5 (or later) at some point depending on their tier and when they got installed/activated.

And more customers on the Hub 4 and Hub 5 (and later) will allow for better capacity management by moving onto D3.1, in the same way as moving customers onto the old 50Mb modems and original SuperHub helped when D3.0 was first rolled out.

Last edited by BenMcr; 20-10-2021 at 00:58.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2021, 01:03   #22
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

How do you know which hub you have ? I have no clue what mine is.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2021, 01:10   #23
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
You can see which is which on this page

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/vir...hub-modem-mode

But basically if you don't have telephone ports on the back of the Hub (even if you don't use them), it's a 1, 2 or 2ac and will be replaced at some point.
Old 20-10-2021, 01:11   #24
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
It should tell you on the settings page. Well my hub 3.0 does.

Assuming you are using the default IP settings it’s 192.168.0.1 (router mode) or 192.168.100.1 (modem mode).
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2021, 01:41   #25
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

whoohoo Super Hub 2 here . . don't think I'll be getting a big upgrade for a while
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2021, 03:52   #26
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
It should tell you on the settings page. Well my hub 3.0 does.
You're right, it does indeed
Quote:
Sign in to view or modify your Hub 3.0 settings.
Ive never really noticed that until actually looking for it.

So I have a Hub 3.0.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2021, 07:29   #27
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...-5-router.html
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2021, 10:52   #28
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Hub 5 just announced.

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/vir...adband-router/

Also, this discussion of the 2.2Gb trials and future plans for 2028 is very interesting. Upgrading all existing customers on the old cable network to FTTP and a symmetrical service will be very expensive though.

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/vir...sting-network/

Last edited by roughbeast; 20-10-2021 at 11:18.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2021, 10:52   #29
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Services: Virgin 360 1TB x2, Maxit TV, M Phone, Hub 5 @ 350/36Mb
crazyronnie is on a distinguished roadcrazyronnie is on a distinguished road

Virgin Media O2 UK Officially Launches HUB 5 Broadband Router

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...nd-router.html
Old 20-10-2021, 11:10   #30
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
I wish they would define eligible customers but I thought I read being offered to older hub 3 customers first and I was on the original trial but only on 200mbit.