Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 01-08-2013, 21:21   #2881
neilo
cf.addict

Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
neilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to all
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

I think that was cause ITV was on Freesat only so you could only get it on Sky by manually tuning. Sky is an open platform. If someone pays, they are obliged to show the channel. Hence all those 900 channels you don't get in Virgin.
neilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2013, 21:22   #2882
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Do people think that BT Sport can rival Sky Sports for the long haul?
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 21:27   #2883
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Come on VM, do something for us loyal customers and sports fans!

ESPN gone, BT Sports not available (yet), still waiting on Sky Atlantic, still waiting on Universal HD plus a few others and then to top it all off there will be a £3+ rise on Sky Sports collection come October!

Unfortunately VM are currently outdoing themselves in making Sky TV look more and more attractive, especially with all the 12 month half price codes doing the rounds.

Come on VM, get your game face back on and use some of that LG money to fight back!
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 21:37   #2884
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
no sky will win
Dave42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 22:08   #2885
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze age
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age

On a side note,I registered for BT Sports a couple of months ago with Sky and it would only accept one of my Sky cards (I have multi-room),when I inquired I was told I could only have it on my primary card,but I am receiving BT Sports 1 and 2 and ESPN on both box's which is better for me but not what I was told.
kop32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 22:11   #2886
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by kop32 View Post
On a side note,I registered for BT Sports a couple of months ago with Sky and it would only accept one of my Sky cards (I have multi-room),when I inquired I was told I could only have it on my primary card,but I am receiving BT Sports 1 and 2 and ESPN on both box's which is better for me but not what I was told.
BT Sport sub is for one box only. Its freeview night at mo so will be on both boxes but only until midnight then will only be on the viewing card you gave. Its also on Freeview and Freesat for free tonight as well
Old 01-08-2013, 22:12   #2887
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
its free tonight to 12 then it only be on 1 after that
Old 01-08-2013, 22:17   #2888
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze age
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
BT Sport sub is for one box only. Its freeview night at mo so will be on both boxes but only until midnight then will only be on the viewing card you gave. Its also on Freeview and Freesat for free tonight as well
How about ESPN because that came on the two box's at 09:00 this morning.
kop32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 22:24   #2889
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
That one i think is still both boxes. Its working on both of mine at mo but as far as i am aware that is in multiroom but best way to find out is check tomorrow morning
Old 01-08-2013, 22:25   #2890
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
That one i think is still both boxes. Its working on both of mine at mo but as far as i am aware that is in multiroom but best way to find out is check tomorrow morning
well you find out at 12 when the free day goes lol
Old 01-08-2013, 22:49   #2891
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
well you find out at 12 when the free day goes lol
It's free until 12.45am - the end of the Guyana vs Trinidad game if on BT Sports 1.

How exciting! I wonder what the audience for that game will be?
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 23:46   #2892
tridens

Services: Sky TV HD

Quite Impressed good picture sound watching espn hd on sky
Old 01-08-2013, 23:48   #2893
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
It's free until 12.45am - the end of the Guyana vs Trinidad game if on BT Sports 1.

How exciting! I wonder what the audience for that game will be?
Probably about 4, and they've all fell asleep.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:26   #2894
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Not in my humble opinion.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:16   #2895
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Just tried this and only works on the viewing card i gave BT.