Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 01-08-2013, 18:02   #2851
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

I have spoken with CS at 5pm, as we can nio longer get ESPN, although its part of the package we are on.

We have been told that they are still locked in talks and are NOT prepared to say anything else.

BT Sports starts tonight at 6pm, so it looks like we are not getting it.

VM are a disgrace for this, they tell you to contact there website and register your interest, but that is all they will say.

This is supposed to be a company with good customer relations - absolutely crap.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2013, 18:05   #2852
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Too strong Arthur... that word you use would be apt if they weren't bothering.

If you think they are that bad you can move.

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
If it helps everyone, I am willing to let all of you live vicariously through me, and my excitement of BT Sport (and ESPN)

Right now, tv turned over to ESPN to see the third place play off of the Audi cup
Oh the sheer excitement of such coverage....
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 18:10   #2853
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
If it helps everyone, I am willing to let all of you live vicariously through me, and my excitement of BT Sport (and ESPN)

Right now, tv turned over to ESPN to see the third place play off of the Audi cup
Bless you my old chap..
Old 01-08-2013, 18:13   #2854
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Bless you my old chap..
Your welcome...I am now drinking tea, watching the teams coming out (they had a quick show on, but it was guys wearing Bayern kit, with one guy who looked like he had eaten the current team in one sitting)

I will get something to eat soon too (thought I would give you the whole "Colin watching BT sport experience")
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 18:27   #2855
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Doug, I can assure you that l don't mince my words with anyone.

I have told many companies over the years what l think of them, l am paying for a service, through hard earned money to watch Tv channels - and my big sport is football.

I work in customer service, and yet VM have now taken channels off ie ESPN, which is part of a package that l pay for - we they give me a reduction in my bill. Of course they won't.

I can assure you that if BT Sport is not on by the time the Premier League kicks off, then that is it.

I had a quarrel with VM over the numbers that appear on our screen and as VM would not give me a valid reason, l called Sky, they got VM, to call me, and they blatantly told me that it could be ME that is streaming live games to other houses.

Thats why l am a straight talker and say what l think.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 18:29   #2856
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

BT Sport is now available on UPC Ireland for £13.97 a month
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 18:30   #2857
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Does that include HD?
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 18:31   #2858
Doug P
Inactive

Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

I work in customer service too... let's agree to disagree on that.

I hope you find more satisfaction on the other side. I am just quietly pleased not to have had to pay for ESPN for however many years it is. If BT Sport turns up on XL great, but doubt it. Won't be moving from VM as they have been excellent for me and I find their CS pretty good all in all certainly compared to BT who are bordering on dire imo....
Old 01-08-2013, 18:33   #2859
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Well well well.
Old 01-08-2013, 18:33   #2860
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Does that include HD?
Not sure Setanta HD is available for an extra €5.00pm ESPN was free for the top packs in Ireland but now its not some customers are unhappy already
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 18:34   #2861
Doug P
Inactive

Quote:
Not sure Setanta HD is available for an extra €5.00 ESPN was free for the top packs in Ireland but now its not some customers are unhappy already
Not surprised at that...
Old 01-08-2013, 18:45   #2862
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze age
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Doug, I can assure you that l don't mince my words with anyone.

I have told many companies over the years what l think of them, l am paying for a service, through hard earned money to watch Tv channels - and my big sport is football.

I work in customer service, and yet VM have now taken channels off ie ESPN, which is part of a package that l pay for - we they give me a reduction in my bill. Of course they won't.

I can assure you that if BT Sport is not on by the time the Premier League kicks off, then that is it.

I had a quarrel with VM over the numbers that appear on our screen and as VM would not give me a valid reason, l called Sky, they got VM, to call me, and they blatantly told me that it could be ME that is streaming live games to other houses.

Thats why l am a straight talker and say what l think.
Arthur,there are probably a few Companies out there who would like to tell you exactly what they think of you!!....but alas they are to professional to do so,if I where you I would spend your hard earned money elsewhere and save yourself all this aggro....
kop32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 18:46   #2863
yorkshireborn
Inactive

Services: SkyQ silver 2TB SkyQ mini multiroom Boxset skysports HD skymovies HD Virgin vivid 350meg
yorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug P View Post
I work in customer service too... let's agree to disagree on that.

I hope you find more satisfaction on the other side. I am just quietly pleased not to have had to pay for ESPN for however many years it is. If BT Sport turns up on XL great, but doubt it. Won't be moving from VM as they have been excellent for me and I find their CS pretty good all in all certainly compared to BT who are bordering on dire imo....
you already paid for ESPN thru your XL subscription

why is it that members think they got espn free in xl.
we have lost 4 sports channels if u include HD as a channel and had no replacement I for one ain't happy.

if bt cable was ere I would move instead I will prob downgrade.
yorkshireborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 18:49   #2864
Doug P
Inactive

I did not say I thought it was free in XL I said it was a bonus to have it....

Patience is required until we know whether BT and VM can deal.
Old 01-08-2013, 18:49   #2865
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
you already paid for ESPN thru your XL subscription

why is it that members think they got espn free in xl.
we have lost 4 sports channels if u include HD as a channel and had no replacement I for one ain't happy.

if bt cable was ere I would move instead I will prob downgrade.
So you ARE going to BT then?