Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Nintendo DSi

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems

Nintendo DSi

Old 02-10-2008, 20:54   #1
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie
Nintendo DSi

this is exciting news nintendo have unveiled there new nintendo ds, it can take photos and play music annnd downloads games more here, it also has a built in web browser and a sd card slot

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/connected...intendo302.xml

no pictures yet though

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...ew-dsi-console
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2008, 21:01   #2
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
Re: Nintendo DSi

There's a picture on DS, but it's down atm. I think I may get one when it's released.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 21:02   #3
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
There's a picture on DS, but it's down atm. I think I may get one when it's released.
i found the picture http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/te...00/7647998.stm

looks alright but i dont like the outy parts
Old 02-10-2008, 21:04   #4
cimt

There's no firm date for the UK yet. DS says early 2009 for the UK, and late 2008 for Japan.
Old 02-10-2008, 21:06   #5
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Quote:
There's no firm date for the UK yet. DS says early 2009 for the UK, and late 2008 for Japan.
would i be able to buy it from japan when its released? and do you think it will be in multi language?
Old 02-10-2008, 21:07   #6
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

More info here (inc pics)

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/02/ni...-nintendo-dsi/
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 23:11   #7
fireman328
Inactive

fireman328 has reached the bronze age
fireman328 has reached the bronze agefireman328 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie07 View Post
would i be able to buy it from japan when its released? and do you think it will be in multi language?
Will anyone be able to afford one, given the state of the financial markets, I intend to spend as little as possible as it will be a struggle to put food on the table let alone purchase luxuries.
fireman328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 00:10   #8
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I don't think its any better than the normal DS Lite apart from the bigger screens.

Camera - there really is no need.

SD Slot/Removal of GBA Slot - What is the point in that!! now Guitar Hero won't work as it used the GBA slot for the add on.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:11   #9
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

and with the addition a R4nds card the current version can play music and homebrew games
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 13:47   #10
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I don't think its any better than the normal DS Lite apart from the bigger screens.

Camera - there really is no need.

SD Slot/Removal of GBA Slot - What is the point in that!! now Guitar Hero won't work as it used the GBA slot for the add on.
thinking about it now theres no point in it. we'll see lol
Old 03-10-2008, 21:37   #11
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

More pic's
JMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:58   #12
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

It's a huge wasted opportunity I feel, no doubt those in Japan will go bonkers for it.
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:04   #13
cimt

I was thinking of getting one, then I saw that there was no GBA slot. That will make a lot of Nintendo fans who wanted one and used the GBA very angry.
Old 04-10-2008, 13:28   #14
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I was thinking of getting one, then I saw that there was no GBA slot. That will make a lot of Nintendo fans who wanted one and used the GBA very angry.
to be honest if they already have a normal ds they can just play them on that, but that you can backup your gba games and put them on a m4 or something i dont know
Old 04-10-2008, 14:09   #15
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie07 View Post
to be honest if they already have a normal ds they can just play them on that, but that you can backup your gba games and put them on a m4 or something i dont know
You can back them up on R4nds
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote