Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin launch new WiFi pods and Hub WiFi improvements

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Virgin launch new WiFi pods and Hub WiFi improvements

Old 17-02-2021, 13:02   #46
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin launch new WiFi pods and Hub WiFi improvements

To trial the WiFi Pods, your Hub must be in Router Mode with a single SSID and Channel Optimisation enabled.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-02-2021, 15:07   #47
daveybm
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Oomph
daveybm is on a distinguished roaddaveybm is on a distinguished road

If you have separate SSIDs it renames the 5G similar to the 2.4G eg my SSIDs where named Davesnet 2.4G and Davesnet 5G the 5g one is now named Davesnet.
daveybm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 16:33   #48
spiderwebb46
cf.member

spiderwebb46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Virgin launch new WiFi pods and Hub WiFi improvements

If I have a phone call on my iPhone and I move from my kitchen into the lounge during my conversation the signal always drops out. I have my phone set to WiFi calling and I am now hopeful that this new Virgin Media Intelligent WiFi plug in thing will correct that difficulty. Excuse the basic question I am no techy and I am hoping that you more experienced guys out there in the community will be able to offer some help and advice.
I am in a 4 bedroom house with the main router Hub 3 in my upstairs office. The televisions are connected to the internet via powerline adaptors in the lounge and the kitchen. if this information helps. Thanks guys
spiderwebb46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 19:19   #49
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderwebb46 View Post
If I have a phone call on my iPhone and I move from my kitchen into the lounge during my conversation the signal always drops out. I have my phone set to WiFi calling and I am now hopeful that this new Virgin Media Intelligent WiFi plug in thing will correct that difficulty. Excuse the basic question I am no techy and I am hoping that you more experienced guys out there in the community will be able to offer some help and advice.
I am in a 4 bedroom house with the main router Hub 3 in my upstairs office. The televisions are connected to the internet via powerline adaptors in the lounge and the kitchen. if this information helps. Thanks guys
I was testing the pods and they were very hit or miss, they would work on day perfectly but not the next. It was just frustrating in the end. I was getting better service through powerline adapters and a £15 wifi extender.

That was during the trial period so thing may have changed I opted for a set of 3 Deco M4's and things have been superb since.

Well worth the money.
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote