Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 26-10-2020, 14:20   #151
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

BBC Sounds app is now available on TV360s
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-10-2020, 18:10   #152
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
BBC Sounds app is now available on TV360s
Are there any other apps that are on our V6s but not on the Horizon boxes and vice versa, Ozsat?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 00:00   #153
paul0363
cf.member

paul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Are there any other apps that are on our V6s but not on the Horizon boxes and vice versa, Ozsat?
No Pluto TV on 360. I can't remember what was on the V6 TBH but here's the list for the 360 as it stands:

Al Jazeera
BBC iPlayer
BBC News
BBC Sounds
BBC Sport
CNN
Deutsche Welle
France 24
Netflix
Prime Video (Amazon)
Radio Line
STV Player
TV Upgrades
Vevo
VM Store
You Tube

All4, My5 etc are not apps in their own right but content is accessible via the Catch Up menu by selecting from the channel drop down.
paul0363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 00:07   #154
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Thanks for the up-to-date app list paul0363.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 11:15   #155
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0363 View Post
No Pluto TV on 360. I can't remember what was on the V6 TBH but here's the list for the 360 as it stands:

Al Jazeera
BBC iPlayer
BBC News
BBC Sounds
BBC Sport
CNN
Deutsche Welle
France 24
Netflix
Prime Video (Amazon)
Radio Line
STV Player
TV Upgrades
Vevo
VM Store
You Tube

All4, My5 etc are not apps in their own right but content is accessible via the Catch Up menu by selecting from the channel drop down.
Does the Radioline app actually work on the 360 box? It no longer works on the V6, although it is still displayed for some reason.
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 11:53   #156
bluecatt73
cf.member

Services: M250 Broadband, Mega TV, Sky Sports HD, Netflix, Disney+
bluecatt73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting quirk (or I thought so, anyway). I recorded the first ep of Roadkill, watched it, then watched the rest of the series on iPlayer. Yesterday episode 2 had appeared in "Continue Watching" (via catchup). No obvious way to delete it BUT you can delete programmes from "continue watching" using the TV Go app, so that's what I've done.
bluecatt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 12:05   #157
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
Does the Radioline app actually work on the 360 box? It no longer works on the V6, although it is still displayed for some reason.
There's a message when you try to start it up that they're trying to fix it, so that'll be why it's not removed.

I do wonder if they've rolled out another V6 update, I found all my tuners (excluding the one that tunes to 101 after a restart) on the VM Preview channel this morning.
Old 27-10-2020, 14:40   #158
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

It works fine on the 360

Quote:
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 18:01   #159
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecatt73 View Post
Interesting quirk (or I thought so, anyway). I recorded the first ep of Roadkill, watched it, then watched the rest of the series on iPlayer. Yesterday episode 2 had appeared in "Continue Watching" (via catchup). No obvious way to delete it BUT you can delete programmes from "continue watching" using the TV Go app, so that's what I've done.
Another interesting feature I noticed re Roadkill is episode 3 was not set to record even though I have series link for it.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 18:50   #160
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Another interesting feature I noticed re Roadkill is episode 3 was not set to record even though I have series link for it.
Worked for me:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5745F816-0027-4C62-89F8-CE91095864E5.jpg (97.8 KB, 73 views)
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 19:02   #161
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Worked for me:
Probably a problem with the series link or episode data for that region of BBC1.
Old 06-11-2020, 15:48   #162
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Looking increasingly likely of the national roll out of Horizon/360 TV before Christams in the UK, according to this article...
https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...ice-looms.html

"The latest results also include an official update on their launch plans for the new TV 360 platform, which they claim is “expected to be launched in the U.K. market during Q4” (i.e. before Christmas). “Our new platform allows customers to access TV entertainment across multiple screens through our 4K-ready Virgin TV 360 set-top box and on-the-move with our Virgin TV Anywhere app. Enhanced features such as voice search and control, an updated user-interface and the ability to create individual profiles enabling personalisation are expected to drive significant improvements,” said the operator."

Last edited by fox35; 06-11-2020 at 15:51.
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 17:10   #163
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Looking increasingly likely of the national roll out of Horizon/360 TV before Christams in the UK, according to this article...
https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...ice-looms.html

"The latest results also include an official update on their launch plans for the new TV 360 platform, which they claim is “expected to be launched in the U.K. market during Q4” (i.e. before Christmas). “Our new platform allows customers to access TV entertainment across multiple screens through our 4K-ready Virgin TV 360 set-top box and on-the-move with our Virgin TV Anywhere app. Enhanced features such as voice search and control, an updated user-interface and the ability to create individual profiles enabling personalisation are expected to drive significant improvements,” said the operator."
I interpret that as they'll start selling it widely on their website rather than offer it to a select number of customers as they currently are.

If updating V6s is part of the plan, they won't do it just before Christmas, it's normal for companies to put a halt on changes before Christmas as it's not a time of year you want to have to deal with anything going wrong.

Thanks for the story link/quote.
Old 06-11-2020, 21:51   #164
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

So, does anyone have any idea how much this will cost to the user?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 22:13   #165
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
So, does anyone have any idea how much this will cost to the user?
Nothing you'll be able to to point to, it'll be hidden in the annual price increase.