Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 18-07-2018, 10:45   #601
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Brexit Discussion (New thread-Follow First Post Rules!)

absolutely - so Brexiteer MPs threatening a vote of no confidence is completely different from Remainer MPs threatening a vote of no confidence.

Thanks for the clarification...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Advertisement
Old 18-07-2018, 10:59   #602
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
absolutely - so Brexiteer MPs threatening a vote of no confidence is completely different from Remainer MPs threatening a vote of no confidence.

Thanks for the clarification...
Still wrong.

Perhaps if you opened your eyes instead of posting childish memes all over the place, which you need to stop doing, as this is not facebook or twitter, you will realise what the difference between a leadership challenge is and a motion of no confidence in the Government is - big bloody difference.

Where did the Brexiteer MPs threaten vote of no confidence in the government ?
Old 18-07-2018, 11:02   #603
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Still wrong.

Perhaps if you opened your eyes instead of posting childish memes all over the place, which you need to stop doing, as this is not facebook or twitter, you will realise what the difference between a leadership challenge is and a motion of no confidence in the Government is - big bloody difference.

Don't fret Mick, he obvously had no clue as to the thrust of my post.

Tomorrow's another day. She may survive, she may not. Who actually knows?
Old 18-07-2018, 11:05   #604
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Where did Remainer MPs threaten vote of no confidence in the government?.

It was the whip who said they would call an election if they defeated the Government in the commons, they could have threatened the same to the ERG group too.
Old 18-07-2018, 11:10   #605
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Where did Remainer MPs threaten vote of no confidence in the government?.

It was the whip who said they would call an election if they defeated the Government in the commons, they could have threatened the same to the ERG group too.
Excuse me - I don't know where this obsession is of late of you inventing things I never said.

Here is a clue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick
Those 12 Tory Remainers were prepared to bring their own government down.
That is a statement to say that the way these Remainer Tory MPs voted lastnight, by voting against their own government, they were prepared to risk a no confidence motion. I never said they threatened, so please stop putting words in my posts, that I never said.
Old 18-07-2018, 11:18   #606
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Excuse me - I don't know where this obsession is of late of you inventing things I never said.

Here is a clue:

That is a statement to say that the way these Remainer Tory MPs voted lastnight, by voting against their own government, they were prepared to risk a no confidence motion. I never said they threatened, so please stop putting words in my posts, that I never said.
My point is that the same would be true of the Brexiters. If the whip wants to to make Brexit votes a matter of confidence than rebel Brexiters would also face that choice. In the end the Government made concessions to avoid that in the case of the Brexiters.

It's also worth noting that the bill yesterday was not a confidence motion. The Government threatened to call an election but the bill yesterday would not have brought down the government, the government itself would then need to have done so.

Personally I think we need an election. This is getting unsustainable. The Government is paralyzed. The Government tried to whip up support to add amendments to kill their own policy and threatened to call an election if MPs voted to back what was the Gov's actual policy as of the weekend.

Last edited by Damien; 18-07-2018 at 11:22.
Old 18-07-2018, 11:21   #607
Mick
Cable Forum Team

I agree in principle that something needs to give because we are at a political impasse at the moment and it is politically depressing.

Labour Party is an absolute joke but then so is the Conservatives under it's current leadership.
Old 18-07-2018, 11:42   #608
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I agree in principle that something needs to give because we are at a political impasse at the moment and it is politically depressing.

Labour Party is an absolute joke but then so is the Conservatives under it's current leadership.
Yes, and the reason for that is May herself.

She is trying to please both sides of the Brexit result and it just won't work. She doesn't have the strength to stand up to those who oppose her within her own party.
Old 18-07-2018, 12:13   #609
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Yes, and the reason for that is May herself.

She is trying to please both sides of the Brexit result and it just won't work. She doesn't have the strength to stand up to those who oppose her within her own party.
Which groups of those that oppose her are you referring to?
Old 18-07-2018, 12:27   #610
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Still wrong.

As posted on previous page this morning...

8th July 2018
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eresa-May.html
Quote:
Furious Brexiteer MPs are demanding a vote of no confidence in Theresa May over her soft Brexit blueprint.

The Prime Minister will face her MPs tomorrow night at a meeting of the 1922 Committee, the group of all Conservative backbenchers.

Morley and Outwood MP Andrea Jenkyns was the first to go public with a warning she would sign a letter to party chiefs demanding a vote if the details of the deal were as bad as she thought.

And veteran Brexiteer Sir Bill Cash warned today a contest could be unstoppable because of the level of unhappiness at the Prime Minister's plan.
10 June 2108
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/pol...-Conservatives
Quote:
End of Theresa May? Brexiteer MP 'warns of no confidence vote' in Prime Minister

Theresa May could be ousted as PM as a Brexiteer MP warns of a no confidence vote being tabled against the Prime Minister.
April 21 2018
https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...s-down-customs
Quote:
Pro-Brexit Tory MPs have reportedly warned Theresa May she faces a possible vote of no confidence if she concedes to rebel MPs over a customs union with the EU...

...The Times reports sources close to the eurosceptic European Research Group saying they could force a confidence vote if the Prime Minister gives way on the customs union.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 18-07-2018, 12:31   #611
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Which groups of those that oppose her are you referring to?
As May has frequently stated we are withdrawing from the EU and her "Red Lines" for that perhaps the remainers in the party???
Old 18-07-2018, 13:18   #612
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Yet again, you are wrong. Confidence motion against Theresa May, not the government, so I will ask you again, when did the Brexiteer MPs threaten a No confidence motion in the Government. T h e G o v e r n m e n t, not the PM?!?!
Old 18-07-2018, 14:56   #613
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Today is the day May has to survive. Boris will be delivering his resignation speech before PMQT.
There has been a creeping campaign going on, is this the culmination?
Interesting times ahead today.
and he be sitting same place that Geoffrey Howe did his speech that brought down Margaret Thatcher
Old 18-07-2018, 15:06   #614
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
and he be sitting same place that Geoffrey Howe did his speech that brought down Margaret Thatcher
Don't think Bozza has the same gravitas as Geoffrey,he's a clown, surely even the Tories wouldn't have him as leader. If I was TM I'd have a dental appointment this afternoon
Old 18-07-2018, 15:08   #615
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Don't think Bozza has the same gravitas as Geoffrey,he's a clown, surely even the Tories wouldn't have him as leader. If I was TM I'd have a dental appointment this afternoon
she at the commons select committee
Closed Thread