Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | London's rising Murder Rate

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

London's rising Murder Rate

Old 08-07-2018, 10:19   #46
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: London's rising Murder Rate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
As I stated knife crime is going up in many places.

It has nothing to do with Khan.
Wrong, it has every thing to do with Khan he is the bloody London Mayor, he is responsible but he is too busy trying to piss on U.K. diplomacy, he is a fecking joke!

---------- Post added at 10:19 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Apparently Sadiq Khan’s pernicious influence affects other cities as well...

Manchester knife crime up 34% in the last year.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...entre-14809242

And he’s also causing problems in Sheffield...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...crime-killings
One source is a lefty rag which I've told you I will never read and yet you still use it as a source.

You must have missed the memo that crime in England and Wales HAS fallen.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2018, 10:35   #47
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Wrong, it has every thing to do with Khan he is the bloody London Mayor, he is responsible but he is too busy trying to piss on U.K. diplomacy, he is a fecking joke!
I'm not saying Kahn is a fantastic mayor but
1) This is not North Korea - he can't ban the flying Trump nor can Theresa May.
2) Trump did severely misquote Kahn and denigrated the UK, so Kahn is not the undiplomatic one.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:03   #48
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I'm not saying Kahn is a fantastic mayor but
1) This is not North Korea - he can't ban the flying Trump nor can Theresa May.
2) Trump did severely misquote Kahn and denigrated the UK, so Kahn is not the undiplomatic one.
No but someone can shoot the pathetic thing down, which I hope happens.

I am not saying it should be banned - but I can say I find the whole thing absolutely puerile and embarrassing for the UK. Playground politics at it's finest.

It is not surprising since the announcement of the Trump baby, there is now a movement to have a Khan baby with which funding, last time I looked the other day, reaching in essence of £25,000, could be more now...yep just looked £33,000+ raised so far. Impressive.
Old 08-07-2018, 11:03   #49
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:

---------- Post added at 10:19 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

One source is a lefty rag which I've told you I will never read and yet you still use it as a source.

You must have missed the memo that crime in England and Wales HAS fallen.
But not knife crime apparently!
Old 08-07-2018, 11:13   #50
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
But not knife crime apparently!
That's one trend - but as a whole picture, crime in England and Wales has continued to fall, a trend since 1990.
Old 08-07-2018, 11:59   #51
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

You cannot hold the mayor responsible for idiots carrying weapins and more people using them.

If anything it would be a policing issue, or rather lack of due to cuts in police funding by the government.

Oh so a Trump ball on is childish and not acceptable, but you support and agree with having a Khan one? Hmmm.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:55   #52
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
You cannot hold the mayor responsible for idiots carrying weapins and more people using them.

If anything it would be a policing issue, or rather lack of due to cuts in police funding by the government.

Oh so a Trump ball on is childish and not acceptable, but you support and agree with having a Khan one? Hmmm.
I support the Khan one, if the Trump one is allowed, then so should the Khan one... Pretty sure I have said the whole thing is puerile, that includes the Khan one but if one must be allowed to go ahead then so should the other, I have made that abundantly clear in other posts that the whole thing is school yard politics.

Btw, you are aware aren't you?....

....The London Mayor sets the priorities for London Policing ?

I can hold the London Mayor responsible if I so choose, who are you to say what I can or cannot do ? Huh?
Old 08-07-2018, 13:13   #53
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

BTW I never said you can't talk about someone or something. Just chill man, no need to get so defensive or aggressive.

What's the point in discussions at all?

Well you had hold him responsible if you wish, doesn't necessarily make it totally factually accurate.
Old 08-07-2018, 13:31   #54
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:

Well you had hold him responsible if you wish, doesn't necessarily make it totally factually accurate.
Oh it necessarily does...

...Take a look around you, rest your eyes first if you need to, but look at the dissent, a counter protest to the Trump one with tens of thousands of pounds raised to have a baby Khan floating in the Sky as well, Khan has bitten off more than he can chew - I'd say what I am saying is very accurate. London is a mess, under Sadiq Khan Mayoral leadership.
Old 08-07-2018, 13:46   #55
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Oh it necessarily does...

...Take a look around you, rest your eyes first if you need to, but look at the dissent, a counter protest to the Trump one with tens of thousands of pounds raised to have a baby Khan floating in the Sky as well, Khan has bitten off more than he can chew - I'd say what I am saying is very accurate. London is a mess, under Sadiq Khan Mayoral leadership.
I don't see the point of this conversation? Was it just to slag off London. You had a go at Stephen for not reading your statistics but then ignored Hugh's one showing that violent crime has risen in places like Manchester as well.

How is this going to a productive discussion when you simply dismiss all other points?
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 15:23   #56
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I don't see the point of this conversation? Was it just to slag off London. You had a go at Stephen for not reading your statistics but then ignored Hugh's one showing that violent crime has risen in places like Manchester as well.

How is this going to a productive discussion when you simply dismiss all other points?
Damn right I ignored Hugh's, he sourced the guardian of all places, a lefty rag, I refuse to read, got a better, far neutral source that doesn't lean either to the left or right, I will read it, I have never said crime has not risen in Manchester but it is far less violent than London. That is not being dismissive, that is being factual and it is down to Sadiq Khan.
Old 08-07-2018, 15:41   #57
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Damn right I ignored Hugh's, he sourced the guardian of all places, a lefty rag, I refuse to read, got a better, far neutral source that doesn't lean either to the left or right, I will read it, I have never said crime has not risen in Manchester but it is far less violent than London. That is not being dismissive, that is being factual and it is down to Sadiq Khan.
Violent crime has almost trebled in Manchester: https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ipled-14510934

Manchester has a higher murder rate too: https://news.sky.com/story/in-contex...-rate-11315585

Quote:
Using Office for National Statistics figures for homicide - both murder and manslaughter - in each British constabulary area (Sept 2016 - Sept 2017), we can see that London has a rate of 1.45 homicides per 100,000 people.

This is around the same as Leicestershire (1.5), West Yorkshire (1.45) and Derbyshire (1.6).

There are plenty of places with a worse rate and some may surprise you.

The worst is Greater Manchester where 61 deaths led to a rate of around 2.44 homicides per 100,000 people.
And Knife crime has risen massively too:

Quote:
Knife crime in Manchester city centre has risen dramatically, according to shocking new figures.

Piccadilly Gardens is a hotspot for offences, police said.

Statistics obtained by the M.E.N. reveal victim-based crimes against a person - where a knife was used or threatened - increased by 34 per cent from 1,344 in 2016/17 to 1,806 for 2017/18.
Old 08-07-2018, 15:48   #58
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Violent crime has almost trebled in Manchester: https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ipled-14510934

Manchester has a higher murder rate too: https://news.sky.com/story/in-contex...-rate-11315585

And Knife crime has risen massively too:

But in London...

Moped gangs...

Mass Acid attacks - why are people leaving London in droves Damien ?

I have already indicated violent crime is up that's one trend on the increase, in general and in the bigger picture - crime has fallen in the upper parts of England and Wales and has continued to fall since 1990. Crime is up 12% in London since Khan became the Mayor.

What's the death toll so far in London due to Stabbings and shootings ?

84 Murders in the Capital due to the above violence ?
Old 08-07-2018, 16:34   #59
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
But in London...

Moped gangs...

Because house prices are absurd and when people git their 30s and start families they've tended to move out to the subsurbs.

However London still has a net-inflow as other people take their place. London is getting more populated not less.

Quote:
I have already indicated violent crime is up that's one trend on the increase, in general and in the bigger picture
You said Manchester was less violent than London. It isn't. It has a murder murder rate and has had larger increases in violent crime than London.

Quote:
Crime has fallen in the upper parts of England and Wales and has continued to fall since 1990. Crime is up 12% in London since Khan became the Mayor.
I can't find the 12% statistic to see what they're measuring. Is it police recorded crime (which is up 13% across the UK) or the survey (which shows it going down)?

Last edited by Damien; 08-07-2018 at 16:39.
Old 08-07-2018, 17:22   #60
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
But in London...

Moped gangs...

I have already indicated violent crime is up that's one trend on the increase, in general and in the bigger picture - crime has fallen in the upper parts of England and Wales and has continued to fall since 1990. Crime is up 12% in London since Khan became the Mayor.

What's the death toll so far in London due to Stabbings and shootings ?

84 Murders in the Capital due to the above violence ?
If the Mayor of London can't sort this, the May government should simply increase the penalties significantly. She will have to build more prisons, though.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote