Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Cinema offer.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky Cinema offer.

Old 10-07-2021, 14:15   #16
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Sky Cinema offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
You took up two hours of their time? I bet they were glad to see the back of you.

Sounds like you aren't as rich as you like to make out if you were that desperate to save under three quid a week.
Took your lead contacted Vodafone . Said your name my god what a quick reaction. new I phone on its way ,free sim for ever and a direct number to both there CEO but also Virgin so l can use that contract instead of Vodafone. What a deal. Folks Richard has such a scary effect on the Tec companies of the uk . You just need to say you are a friend of his
Old 10-07-2021, 21:05   #17
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
You took up two hours of their time? I bet they were glad to see the back of you.

Sounds like you aren't as rich as you like to make out if you were that desperate to save under three quid a week.
Nothing wrong with trying to get the best value deal for your money.

If you don't take their first offers they will usually increase the discount, they claim is the best they can do. I managed to get my full Sky package renewed this week for £8 a month less than initially offered as the 'best' deal. Nothing to do with how rich or poor a person is. Saving money where you can is a great thing.

Costs nothing to be nice and have a chat with them. Friendliness goes a long way.
Old 10-07-2021, 21:37   #18
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Nothing wrong with trying to get the best value deal for your money.

If you don't take their first offers they will usually increase the discount, they claim is the best they can do. I managed to get my full Sky package renewed this week for £8 a month less than initially offered as the 'best' deal. Nothing to do with how rich or poor a person is. Saving money where you can is a great thing.

Costs nothing to be nice and have a chat with them. Friendliness goes a long way.
Yeah, that's what I found with the Sky Cinema offer. I genuinely didn't want it (unless it was offered at a quid a month or something daft). But each time I refused it the price came down!

I have had it for virtually nothing before, but over a year there was only 4 films that I really enjoyed and a similar number that were so so.

It's even worse now as a lot of filming was disrupted because of covid.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 21:55   #19
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Well according to Sky I have watched 88 films in the last 12 months. I watch a lot of movies, old or new. Many of them multiple times. That in addition to my 500+ DVDs and Blu-Rays as well as Netflix and Disney+. I've not been working for past 2 years due to ill health and its not likely to change anytime soon.making it harder to get out and about nowadays my condition progresses.
Old 11-07-2021, 00:14   #20
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Well according to Sky I have watched 88 films in the last 12 months. I watch a lot of movies, old or new. Many of them multiple times. That in addition to my 500+ DVDs and Blu-Rays as well as Netflix and Disney+. I've not been working for past 2 years due to ill health and its not likely to change anytime soon.making it harder to get out and about nowadays my condition progresses.
I'm sorry to hear that Stephen.

It sounds like you get your moneys worth if you watch roughly two films a week. Isn't Sky Cinema about £10 a month with Sky? If so, that works out at about £1.25 per film.

I didn't know that Sky told their customers how many films they'd watched; I don't think that VM do that. Will these have been via on demand? If so, I wonder if they'd be able to tally up how many you'd watched on their linear film channels??
Old 11-07-2021, 00:31   #21
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

No on the channels. I got an email last week telling me how much tv I've watched over 12 months. 1750 hrs lol, how many different TV shows. Most watched channels etc.

With discount the movies are £9 a month. Sports is £16 a month Inc HD and UHD.

I'll be fine eventually. Getting dialysis and waiting on a kidney/pancreas transplant. So I'm done in currently.
Old 11-07-2021, 01:48   #22
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Hes that rich becasue he saves money rather than wastes it

---------- Post added at 01:48 ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 ----------

Quote:
My complaint about your inappropriate comments was resolved by Mick in 2018.

Conversation closed.
Resolved ..... right

This conversation [topic] is not closed, you dont have that power.

If you start back in your old ways again, you will find yourself on a forum break again. Stop it.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 11:40   #23
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Hes that rich becasue he saves money rather than wastes it
Thank you quite right ,and Ricard a) I am a higher rate tax payer so what. B) have blue badge don't see what that has to do with your Danish roots
Old 12-07-2021, 11:49   #24
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Sky Cinema has been a wasteland since Covid closed the cinemas and shows no sign of improving now that they've reopened. If I picked apart my Oomph deal and signed up for the individual elements Cinema would be dropped like a stone. Film4 has more variety, Disney+ has all the kids films you could ever want and I can always find more of interest on Netflix.
As OP suggests, they can't even give it away right now
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 11:53   #25
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

There might not be as many new Premier films showing but there is still a massive selection of 000s of films to watch.
Old 12-07-2021, 14:40   #26
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
No on the channels. I got an email last week telling me how much tv I've watched over 12 months. 1750 hrs lol, how many different TV shows. Most watched channels etc.

With discount the movies are £9 a month. Sports is £16 a month Inc HD and UHD.

I'll be fine eventually. Getting dialysis and waiting on a kidney/pancreas transplant. So I'm done in currently.
I wish you well

Just goes to show that they do monitor what we watch/record, i'm sure VM will do the same.

Not sure how accurate it can be though, as their STB"s have more than one tuner. Perhaps they can tell which one you're actually watching?

Also, some people don't put their box into standby when it's not being used eg before retiring for bed.
Old 12-07-2021, 16:20   #27
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

A group of argumentative postings have been deleted from this thread that had absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Also, please use quote tags correctly, misuse may result in someone being misquoted and being accused of saying something another poster had said.

Tags must end with [/quote]. It helps a lot.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote