Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | No More Internet

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

No More Internet

Old 14-10-2003, 17:23   #1
ian@huth
Inactive

Services: VM 10Mb, TU, 1xSky HD, 2xSky+ (HD,all packs, sports & movies) 2xDVD PVR's, Freesat Freeview & other
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze
No More Internet

What would you do if you suddenly found that there was no more internet?.

How would it change your life?
ian@huth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-10-2003, 17:28   #2
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: No More Internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianathuth

I'd get a lot more work done ....
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2003, 18:08   #3
Atomic22
Inactive

Services: Very High Monthly Bills!
Atomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to Atomic22 Send a message via AIM to Atomic22 Send a message via MSN to Atomic22 Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic22

i would save 35 quid a month with no broadband
Atomic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2003, 18:41   #4
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex

i went through a few days of no net and spent a fortune on text messages and phone calls.................

so i would be skint permanently if i had no net...oh hang on im already permananentlly skint

and of course i'd miss you nthw lot (well the ones i dont have fone numbers for )
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 03:28   #5
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian@huth

I would figure they finally dont want us to be able to communicate and get the truth out anymore.... (Which I am surprised they havent done anything yet -- They dont like the truth being discussed)

On the internet we can get around MAINSTREAM MEDIA and discuss the truth of things.... If the net was gone,we couldnt.......... (They would have alot more control over more people)

Scary really if you think about it.........
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 10:14   #6
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

An 18 year thread bump is that the CF record?

Dude you sound like one of these crazy nutjob conspiracy theory people with your last post. Lol.
Old 08-07-2021, 10:24   #7
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I would figure they finally dont want us to be able to communicate and get the truth out anymore.... (Which I am surprised they havent done anything yet -- They dont like the truth being discussed)
Surprised? I’m not.

Quote:
On the internet we can get around MAINSTREAM MEDIA and discuss the truth of things.... If the net was gone,we couldnt.......... (They would have alot more control over more people)

Scary really if you think about it.........
Clearly the one thing you never actually do is think about it.
Old 08-07-2021, 10:28   #8
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

He's probably been playing his Black Sabbath 'Paranoid' 8 track backwards in order to experience those hidden subliminal messages that were reported to exist
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 10:56   #9
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Probably end up getting into other hobbies and spending a lot more time outside.

It is veery easy to waste time on the net.

I think the one thing we would learn to is to become more tolerant and understanding.

We now live in a culture where everything is expected instantly, emails, work, etc. There is never a moment of disconnection.

We need time out.

PS: Dude111...... Is it national thread bump day or something?

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 11:00   #10
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
This is what he does to throw THEM off the scent.
Old 08-07-2021, 11:20   #11
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post

Apparently it's National Hump Day according to my redtop.
Old 10-07-2021, 02:48   #12
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth
He's probably been playing his Black Sabbath 'Paranoid' 8 track backwards in order to experience those hidden subliminal messages that were reported to exist
Hehe thats impossible Carth,I dont have that cartridge mate!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote