Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 26-07-2019, 10:08   #5806
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Am I supposed to get Amazon Prime in 4k through VMedia? I played 'Too Old to Die Young' through the V6 box and it looked absolutely awful - barely 720p. My v6 is set to output 2160p.

The same tv show streamed the same way (WiFi) through a BluRay player gets a lovely 4k picture.
Advertisement
Old 26-07-2019, 10:53   #5807
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallclone View Post
Am I supposed to get Amazon Prime in 4k through VMedia? I played 'Too Old to Die Young' through the V6 box and it looked absolutely awful - barely 720p. My v6 is set to output 2160p.

The same tv show streamed the same way (WiFi) through a BluRay player gets a lovely 4k picture.
Yes, you should get 4K. You should be able to tell the Prime Video app output by pressing 'up' to get the transport bar - that'll tell you the resolution format.

One thing to note though, currently Prime Video on the V6 only supports SDR. HDR support will come later but needs a V6 update.
Old 26-07-2019, 11:58   #5808
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

The Now TV 10 month sports pass is back for £199. Cheapest way to watch Premiership football, so other subscriptions required.
Old 26-07-2019, 15:51   #5809
smallclone
cf.geek

smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yes, you should get 4K. You should be able to tell the Prime Video app output by pressing 'up' to get the transport bar - that'll tell you the resolution format.

One thing to note though, currently Prime Video on the V6 only supports SDR. HDR support will come later but needs a V6 update.
It just says 'HD' when I press the up button. Odd.
Old 26-07-2019, 16:57   #5810
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Have you rebooted recently. If not try that as I had the same with my 4k TV and a reboot got it showing the proper resolution progression up to Ultra HD.
Old 26-07-2019, 17:58   #5811
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallclone View Post
It just says 'HD' when I press the up button. Odd.
Maybe you selected the HD version of whatever you were watching.

---------- Post added at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 17:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
If you've got Talking Pictures and Film Four, you need pay for nothing else. All that glitters isn't new. Don't how folks have the time to watch all these channels/streaming rip offs.
You are a very sad man, Mr K!

---------- Post added at 17:58 ---------- Previous post was at 17:09 ----------

A report hsre on slowing subscriber numbers for Netflix, which should please jfman.

https://advanced-television.com/2019...lly-pertinent/
Old 26-07-2019, 19:11   #5812
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Two terms I particularly dislike are "sophisticated" and "pragmatic".

Sophisticated implies someone is trying to pull the wool over my eyes. Pragmatic suggests previous optimism will go unrealised.
Old 26-07-2019, 19:35   #5813
smallclone
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Maybe you selected the HD version of whatever you were watching.[COLOR="Silver"]

]
It's definitely the 4k version - it says so. I've restarted the box but it still says HD and looks pretty dire.

I know the box does 4K because I've had Wimbledon and the HLG beta stuff on it.

very strange.
Old 26-07-2019, 20:26   #5814
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2

I see the V6 now has the Amazon prime video app and someone explain the difference between amazon prime video and just prime??
My wife wants to watch the tennis online which is on prime can this be done through the video app?
Old 26-07-2019, 21:17   #5815
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Amazon Prime customers pay £79 a year to Amazon for a number of benefits, including Prime Video.
Prime Video can also, I believe, be bought separately for a monthly charge.
Old 26-07-2019, 21:25   #5816
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Amazon Prime customers pay £79 a year to Amazon for a number of benefits, including Prime Video.
thanks I was mainly refering to the app on the V6 box it just says Amazon Prime Video so I take it this is only the film streaming service and you can't watch things like live ATP tennis or "the grand tour"
Old 26-07-2019, 21:37   #5817
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabmania2 View Post
I see the V6 now has the Amazon prime video app and someone explain the difference between amazon prime video and just prime??
My wife wants to watch the tennis online which is on prime can this be done through the video app?
Old 26-07-2019, 21:38   #5818
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

To watch the tennis, you either have to be an Amazon Prime customer or pay the monthly Amazon Video charge. You have to be a paying Amazon customer.
Old 26-07-2019, 21:38   #5819
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabmania2 View Post
thanks I was mainly refering to the app on the V6 box it just says Amazon Prime Video so I take it this is only the film streaming service and you can't watch things like live ATP tennis or "the grand tour"
You can watch live tennis (Premier league in December too I would imagine) and the grand tour you can also watch content in UHD
Old 26-07-2019, 22:47   #5820
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
£59 if you sub on Prime day.
Prime video costs £5.99 on it's own.
Closed Thread