Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Suggestion for a 10" wifi tablet

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Suggestion for a 10" wifi tablet

Old 09-06-2019, 10:27   #1
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one
Question Suggestion for a 10" wifi tablet

Suggestion for a 10" WIFI tablet,

I need to replace my very old Samson TAB 2 as it is now pasted the use by date.

It will just be used for email and Skype
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2019, 11:14   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Suggestion for a 10" wifi tablet

I bought a Samsung Tab A 10.1 2016 a few months ago and very happy with it for what i paid.

This is the 2019 model with 32GB.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8843252

You can also get it from John Lewis with 2yr warranty.

https://www.johnlewis.com/samsung-ga...59&tmcampid=48

Last edited by SnoopZ; 09-06-2019 at 11:19.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 17:08   #3
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

hear hear, I bought one two years and I think it is absolutely superb. I had a 7" Galaxy Tab 3 before with a 32gb micro sd card which was the max you could put in. I love the larger screen on the Tab A, the battery life is superb and equally as important I have now got a 256gb memory card in it. Funnily enough as I am typing this out I have got it on my desk streaming Sky News Live over youtube.

You will find plenty of cheaper tablets and when I looked this was one of the most expensive but I new it was going to get plenty of use and I wanted to invest in a quality tablet which I could use, enjoy and benefit from every day. I highly recommend.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 17:12   #4
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Yes the Samsung Tab A (2016) 32GB 10.1 is awesome for the money so the (2019) model should be better, i don't think it is expensive for what you get as you can buy far superior Samsung tablets costing well over double.

Ken where are you, you post the topic and then vanish?
Old 12-06-2019, 19:49   #5
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Yes the Samsung Tab A (2016) 32GB 10.1 is awesome for the money so the (2019) model should be better, i don't think it is expensive for what you get as you can buy far superior Samsung tablets costing well over double.

Ken where are you, you post the topic and then vanish?

I purchased a Samsung TAB A from John Lewis Reading.

First problem is it will not connect to my SH3 Wi-Fi network even though my TAB 2 7" so back to John Lewis I think.
Old 12-06-2019, 20:00   #6
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post

First problem is it will not connect to my SH3 Wi-Fi network even though my TAB 2 7" so back to John Lewis I think.
The tablet won't be at fault dont give up yet, it's probably a setting on your Hub3, have you tried turning the Hub3 off and ON again?

Have you tried connecting to both the networks, although they should both work?

It should just be as easy as in this video.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/vir...e-to-wifi#hub3

Last edited by SnoopZ; 12-06-2019 at 20:07.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 21:11   #7
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Quote:
The tablet won't be at fault dont give up yet, it's probably a setting on your Hub3, have you tried turning the Hub3 off and ON again?

Have you tried connecting to both the networks, although they should both work?

It should just be as easy as in this video.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/vir...e-to-wifi#hub3

My old TAB2 7" connects ok
Old 12-06-2019, 22:55   #8
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

Try it on another wifi network before you take it back.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 22:58   #9
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
My old TAB2 7" connects ok
That doesn't matter.

If I had this issue I would go to Tab A wifi settings and find your network and click FORGET.

Turn off the Hub3 for 30 seconds and on again and wait until its stable.

Then on Tab A scan for networks and find your 5g one and enter the correct password and hopefully it'll connect, obviously if you have made a mistake on the password it wont connect.

Try all that before returning it, there is no rush to return it and I can guarantee the tablets wifi isn't faulty.
Old 13-06-2019, 08:39   #10
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Quote:
That doesn't matter.

If I had this issue I would go to Tab A wifi settings and find your network and click FORGET.

Turn off the Hub3 for 30 seconds and on again and wait until its stable.

Then on Tab A scan for networks and find your 5g one and enter the correct password and hopefully it'll connect, obviously if you have made a mistake on the password it wont connect.

Try all that before returning it, there is no rush to return it and I can guarantee the tablets wifi isn't faulty.

Tried that still no help.

I cannot find were to enter my Wi-Fi password into.
Old 13-06-2019, 09:27   #11
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

It's not hard. Go into settings, connections, wifi, it will scan for available wireless networks. You can see from the screenshot below that I am already connected to my 5Ghz network and if I tried to connect to the 2.4ghz ssid which in the list of available networks for the first time it would prompt me for a password. If I entered an incorrect password it would tell me and prompt me to re-enter.

General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 10:32   #12
Ken W
cf.mega poster

I have now made a Wi-Fi connection with help the this forum advice.

Next step is setting my email accounts and increase the font size.
Old 13-06-2019, 12:18   #13
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
I have now made a Wi-Fi connection with help the this forum advice.

Next step is setting my email accounts and increase the font size.
I would familiarise yourself with the tablet settings as everything is always clearly listed in there.

Font Size
Settings
Display
Font and Screen Zoom.
Old 13-06-2019, 14:41   #14
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I would familiarise yourself with the tablet settings as everything is always clearly listed in there.

Font Size
Settings
Display
Font and Screen Zoom.

Thanks