Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 17-11-2023, 09:57   #11506
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Whoever gets what it will still end up us paying more
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-11-2023, 10:09   #11507
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I wonder who gave this information to the Telegraph?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...er-League.html
You sound surprised, Andrew.
Old 18-11-2023, 10:34   #11508
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You sound surprised, Andrew.
No, others in this forum have predicted we would see the emergence of such stories to encourage the incumbents to bid more.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2023, 11:25   #11509
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
No, others in this forum have predicted we would see the emergence of such stories to encourage the incumbents to bid more.
Indeed. The list of "prospective bidders" that never came to fruition is about the only list longer than "companies Sky have crushed into the ground" in the UK TV rights market.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2023, 12:41   #11510
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
EXCLUSIVE:

*A source has told me tonight that DAZN Group are looking for Comcast to take them over.

*A other source has confirmed that DAZN are in financial trouble but say DAZN Group can recover from it with new investors.
DAZN is a private company owned by Sir Leonard Valentinovich Blavatnik and if it needs more funding then that's up to him.

It is separate from his other investments through Access Industries which is currently a buyer of media assets, not a seller.
Old 19-11-2023, 13:19   #11511
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
DAZN is a private company owned by Sir Leonard Valentinovich Blavatnik and if it needs more funding then that's up to him.

It is separate from his other investments through Access Industries which is currently a buyer of media assets, not a seller.
I can't win on here,

Some go mad when I get info that I can't post on here (Do not post orders or Not allow to post on Forum orders),

Then some others go mad when I pass on information I was given by my sources.

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

Sir Leonard Valentinovich Blavatnik is 66 year old so maybe is looking to sell the loss making company.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2023, 14:07   #11512
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Sir Leonard Valentinovich Blavatnik is 66 year old so maybe is looking to sell the loss making company.
We might do that but he's showing no signs of stepping back.

Leonard Blavatnik’s entertainment empire plans media acquisition spree
https://www.ft.com/content/da994d5f-...7-bc05f0ada293

---------- Post added at 14:07 ---------- Previous post was at 14:05 ----------

Quote:
I can't win on here,

Some go mad when I get info that I can't post on here (Do not post orders or Not allow to post on Forum orders),

If someone posts something on a discussion forum then people will discuss it and you will get the collective power of several minds on a topic. That's a good thing, you should not see it as winning or losing.
Old 19-11-2023, 15:21   #11513
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

But he not buying.

The FT story is just the views of Danny Cohen.

The way FT posted the story it look like Danny Cohen think Sir Blavatnik may make bid for Channel 5 owners Paramount or MTV owners Warner Bros Discovery.

I have seen the FT story for Free online the rest of it is about what happened in the past.

*He tookover Warner Music for $3.3bn in 2011.

Cohen joined Blavatnik to run Access Entertainment, part of the billionaire’s Access Industries, in 2016.
Old 19-11-2023, 15:24   #11514
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

My money is on that DAZN, and Len, and any other ownership vehicles on the go would bite your hand off for a way out of the market that recoups all of, or the vast majority of, their investment to date.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2023, 16:55   #11515
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I can't win on here,

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

I m in the camp if you cannot inform us, say nothing, lve been told things in the past(family working for TV channel) asked to keep quiet, so say nothing. It's not that hard
Old 23-11-2023, 05:12   #11516
adhiren
cf.member

adhiren is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know when Sky sports is planning to start showing some NCAA basketball games? The press release says November which is now but I can only find the football on schedule on Saturdays but basketball isn't coming up yet in the guide.
adhiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2023, 11:11   #11517
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Sky 5 year deal for ATP and WTA tours confirmed
https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/artic...-on-sky-sports

---------- Post added at 11:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhiren View Post
Anyone know when Sky sports is planning to start showing some NCAA basketball games? The press release says November which is now but I can only find the football on schedule on Saturdays but basketball isn't coming up yet in the guide.
Not sure when but it's supposed to be 3 per week
https://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/1...2024-25-season

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 24-11-2023 at 11:14.
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2023, 11:49   #11518
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
Sky 5 year deal for ATP and WTA tours confirmed
https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/artic...-on-sky-sports
I wonder if this might result in the launch of Sky Sports Tennis?

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
Not sure when but it's supposed to be 3 per week
https://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/1...2024-25-season
Indeed, although they might not start showing these matches until the end of the College Football season at the start of January.

One potential option for Sky Sports might be to launch a full time American sports channel Sky Sports America. The NFL and NCAA seasons would give them live content between the end of August and the start of April and if they were to, say, get the NHL then that would provide live action until early June so there'd only be 10 weeks of no live coverage, as is the case with Sky Sports Premier League. Maybe Sky now wishes that they'd not let the NBA go to TNT Sports.

Last edited by Rillington; 24-11-2023 at 11:58.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2023, 15:16   #11519
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
I wonder if this might result in the launch of Sky Sports Tennis?
Yes but channel will not appear until March 2024.

But from January until then the coverage will be across other Sky Sports channels.

https://twitter.com/MediaBoyUK/statu...64979230769257
Old 25-11-2023, 21:04   #11520
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

One of my followers on my X feed has told me tonight that Newspaper reports in Sweden (dagens industri) is reporting a following 3 broadcasters are interested in buying (all or shares) in Viaplay:

*Amazon
*Canal+
*Comcast