Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 01-06-2012, 16:09   #1576
boroboi
cf.geek

Services: TT Fibre Large 78mbit
boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
thats how mine came, its probably a refurb, is the power supply a netgear one?
Power adapter is different to the one supplied with the SuperSlug
boroboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2012, 16:42   #1577
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by boroboi View Post
Power adapter is different to the one supplied with the SuperSlug
Interesting... is it the 1.0amp one?
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 16:57   #1578
boroboi
cf.geek

boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads

Part # APS003, i'll have a look at the plug later on as i don't want to bring my network down just yet, it's dark where the plug is so can't see
Old 01-06-2012, 22:05   #1579
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

heh I have stopped caring since BT announced my area for infinity, as long as this service remains useable I will be ok for 3 months until infinity is available. Also I have a need for the 20mbit upload it will bring as well now so looking forward to that also. If I feel like spending the cash tho I will keep VM as a backup and route it using windows so 2 connections to one pc again.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:56   #1580
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
heh I have stopped caring since BT announced my area for infinity
Got the Openreach data error preventing me from ordering fixed and placed my order this morning - speed estimate 60/20 on 300m line.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 13:58   #1581
Jumping
Inactive

Jumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of light

Well I dont really have any options and thankfully Virgin is actually OK for me at the moment. But it's quite funny that there are no plans to roll out infinity where I live actually think its a joke as its a quite densely populated area and there are much smaller exchanges that has a planned date or already have it enabled.

That said would be good to have options to get a good connection it is after all 2012 now ADSL1-2 are a joke these days...
Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 16:25   #1582
boroboi
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumping View Post
Well I dont really have any options and thankfully Virgin is actually OK for me at the moment. But it's quite funny that there are no plans to roll out infinity where I live actually think its a joke as its a quite densely populated area and there are much smaller exchanges that has a planned date or already have it enabled.

That said would be good to have options to get a good connection it is after all 2012 now ADSL1-2 are a joke these days...
Same.

They enabled an exchange in a town next to me that services 7,000 people... mine services 27,000... ridiculous.
Old 02-06-2012, 16:33   #1583
jimgors
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV M+ 30MB XL
jimgors is an unknown quantity at this point

ok work this one out. Top is my connection, bottom is someone elses connection. mine is via modem mode + dlink, bottom havent a clue. Why is there such a difference?

Both same CPC, All i can come up with is they have a VMNG300, or different upstream.
jimgors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 16:39   #1584
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

different area of your area? bucklebs on the same channels as me but his monitor isn't as crazy as mine, same town.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 16:42   #1585
boroboi
cf.geek

He may also be on a VMNG300, that's the sort of flat lining of the avg latency i see now that i got my VMNG300 the other day, still, your average latency is pretty good compared to a lot of other people, infact, yours is quite far above a lot that ive seen.

You could try swapping upstreams, its possible the fluctuations in minimum latency are utilisation based.

SuperSlug

VMNG300

Old 02-06-2012, 19:30   #1586
jimgors
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV M+ 30MB XL
jimgors is an unknown quantity at this point

lol can't reach anywhere near 100mb now since this upgrade....

Namesco

Virtual London

Both normally throw 104 out at me constant. How is this an "upgrade" ;/
jimgors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 22:24   #1587
buckleb
Inactive

Services: Vivid 200 Tivo 500GB
buckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
different area of your area? bucklebs on the same channels as me but his monitor isn't as crazy as mine, same town.
It's been a bit crazy over the past couple of days, but as I wasn't at home I didn't notice there does seem to be something afoot in Crawley, and I'm hoping it's something good!

buckleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 23:39   #1588
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

is that live Buck?

---------- Post added at 23:39 ---------- Previous post was at 23:34 ----------

no its not live. dude that was thinkbroadbands error not VM.

could you post your live monitor mate. i want to compare, your connection is literally the same as mine just in a different area of town. heres mine, fantastic as always...

thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 00:12   #1589
adzzzbatch
Inactive

Services: Full House XL TV, SkySports HD, VM TiVo 500Gb, TiVo 1Tb, VHD Box. 200Mb BB, Talk More Anytime Phone
adzzzbatch will become famous soon enoughadzzzbatch will become famous soon enoughadzzzbatch will become famous soon enough

Upgraded from 60Mb to 100Mb on Monday and have seen no problems in usage at all, the connection as stable as it normall, apart from that TB fault the other day.

adzzzbatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:37   #1590
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimgors View Post
ok work this one out. Top is my connection, bottom is someone elses connection. mine is via modem mode + dlink, bottom havent a clue. Why is there such a difference?
Both same CPC, All i can come up with is they have a VMNG300, or different upstream.
The VM network is very granular indeed at the local level. Any given set of channels only serves a couple of hundred or so homes which is rather fortunate as the total bandwidth available on 4down 1up is 200/18Mbps. As VM sell 100/10 unlimited on that it isn't hard to see that a single 100Mbps customer near to you going flat out can seriously spoil your day.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote