Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin cuts MOBILE broadband to a fiver

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin cuts MOBILE broadband to a fiver

Old 27-02-2009, 10:14   #61
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Virgin cuts MOBILE broadband to a fiver

Can I get this via my offnet connection?
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-02-2009, 10:19   #62
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Yes - it says it in the terms of the offer

Offer 1 (£5pm) available with...National Unlimited Broadband and Talk Anytime (Bundle 1).

Offer 2 (£10pm) available with...National Unlimited Broadband and Talk Evenings and Weekends (Bundle 2) or National Unlimited Broadband.
Old 27-02-2009, 11:24   #63
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I may well give them a call later on - cheers

---------- Post added at 11:24 ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 ----------

Looks like mine is now on it's way too
Old 27-02-2009, 13:02   #64
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yes - it says it in the terms of the offer

Offer 1 (£5pm) available with...National Unlimited Broadband and Talk Anytime (Bundle 1).

Offer 2 (£10pm) available with...National Unlimited Broadband and Talk Evenings and Weekends (Bundle 2) or National Unlimited Broadband.
Well I am on a package - so I find those prices very confusing.
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 14:05   #65
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

That's because those are for Virgin National/ADSL customers

For cable customers it's simple:-

If you are on BB M it's £10 extra

If you are on BB L, XL or XXL it's £5 extra
Old 28-02-2009, 15:35   #66
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

I now have mine which works well even in a non 3g area. Nice
Old 28-02-2009, 16:19   #67
HD462
Inactive

Services: Digital Cable TV V+ Freeview Virgin Phone 10Mb Broadband Home WiFi Network Virgin Mobile BB
HD462 will become famous soon enoughHD462 will become famous soon enoughHD462 will become famous soon enough

I'm on mine again now too. I just did a speed test and it picked it up as T-Mobile (would do as that's the network it runs on), and a download speed of just over 2Mbps which is ok, fine for the sort of stuff I'll do mobile.

I did notice when I logged into my account on the Virgin site that they'd set the credit limit to £100 which I find a bit high. I'd rather it was just £10 or so, or even just cuts me off when my 1Gig is used up, as I don't want to accidentally run a bill up by doing something that uses a lot of data, forgetting I'm not at home.

I phoned them up to see if I could lower the credit limit to £10 or even £20, but she said the lowest they're allowed to lower it to is £50, which I still find high. But she said she would give feedback, as they've been asked to collect customer feedback, and a lot of people have been saying the same thing about the credit limit. So she's lowered it to £50 for now, and it's a case of watch this space.
HD462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 16:44   #68
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Remember they do send a text just before and just after you hit your usage allowance
Old 02-03-2009, 14:52   #69
deathtrap3000
Inactive

Services: V+ HD XL BT Infinity 80mbps
deathtrap3000 will become famous soon enoughdeathtrap3000 will become famous soon enoughdeathtrap3000 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD462 View Post
I did notice when I logged into my account on the Virgin site that they'd set the credit limit to £100 which I find a bit high. I'd rather it was just £10 or so, or even just cuts me off when my 1Gig is used up, as I don't want to accidentally run a bill up by doing something that uses a lot of data, forgetting I'm not at home.
Mines been set to £150
Ill have to get it lowered or ill end up having a nasty bill soon.
deathtrap3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2009, 07:15   #70
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Just wondering what the connection is like if you are outside 3G areas?
I travel through to London on the train, and the onboard WiFi connection is hopeless. What's this going to be like (presumably I may have problems in tunnels)? Anyone have any experience or comments that might assist?
Old 13-05-2009, 07:17   #71
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Well as long as I can get a mobile signal I can use mine. So no tunnels BUT if it's not in a 3G area it drops back to gprs so it's quite slow then.
Old 13-05-2009, 07:22   #72
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas T View Post
Well as long as I can get a mobile signal I can use mine. So no tunnels BUT if it's not in a 3G area it drops back to gprs so it's quite slow then.
Slow as in painfully slow? According to the map I am in and out of 3G areas. I just wondering whether it's viable.
Old 13-05-2009, 07:30   #73
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

About the same as dial up. So it's ok uless you are accessing sites with heavy graphical content.

So, for example, if you were going to look at CF you'd be better off disabling sigs so that it loads quicker.

MSN works fine though.

edit - I see you are not a hundred miles away from me in Bedfordshire (Potton) so if you really wanted to try you could pop over and have a fiddle if you like.
Old 13-05-2009, 07:55   #74
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas T View Post
About the same as dial up. So it's ok uless you are accessing sites with heavy graphical content.

So, for example, if you were going to look at CF you'd be better off disabling sigs so that it loads quicker.

MSN works fine though.

edit - I see you are not a hundred miles away from me in Bedfordshire (Potton) so if you really wanted to try you could pop over and have a fiddle if you like.
That's awfully kind of you. I'm still wondering what National Express East Coast have in mind for the WiFi - having decided to up the off-peak fares by 11% and whack on a seat reservation fee of £2.50, I can't see them leaving the WiFi as free much longer
Old 14-05-2009, 13:21   #75
Velcrohead
Inactive

Services: XXL Broadband, Soon to have 2x V+ boxes, XL TV, M Phone.
Velcrohead is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there any way of getting this online?
I cannot see anything in my account page so am presuming not
Cheers.
Velcrohead is offline   Reply With Quote