Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virginmedia Supported e-mail clients

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service > Webspace, E-Mail & Browsing Issues

3rd party emails

Old 04-12-2010, 12:00   #1
mandakb
Inactive

mandakb is an unknown quantity at this point
3rd party emails

Why does VM not support 3rd party emails? I work from home and am setting up an ecommerce site with mrsite which doesn't have smtp facilities. The VM techie guys informed me that I would have to sign up for 6 months' tech. support before they would help me set this up!
mandakb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2010, 15:32   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: 3rd party emails

We do not deal with any third party email accounts as for one we are not trained on them and two we do not have the time to deal with them.

You must have spoke to Digital Home Support as they are the only people who will support requests such as yours.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:14   #3
mandakb
Inactive

mandakb is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your honesty - at least I know where I stand with this. I spoke to two Asian gentlemen who yes, eventually put me onto a Scottish gentleman from another department who stated that before he could help me I would have to sign up for 6 months' technical support, which I declined. I have been a VM customer since it was blueyonder but this situation has lost Richard a customer.
mandakb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:20   #4
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandakb View Post
Thank you for your honesty - at least I know where I stand with this. I spoke to two Asian gentlemen who yes, eventually put me onto a Scottish gentleman from another department who stated that before he could help me I would have to sign up for 6 months' technical support, which I declined. I have been a VM customer since it was blueyonder but this situation has lost Richard a customer.
We do support most email clients using a Virginmedia email address but we are unable to support any email addresses such as domain names as they do not come under our support scope and nor are we trained to work with such email addresses, usually the company that provides the domain is the best place to get support.

Digital Home Support is their for people with various issues including your own that fall outside of our support scope, you should have been transferred into the call queue as while you are waiting it gives you the opportunity to hear the prices and hang up if you want.

We do only lease the name from Virgin even though Richard Branson appears in our advertising a lot.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote