Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | An email from Neil Berkett re: VM HD Channels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

An email from Neil Berkett re: VM HD Channels

Old 01-04-2009, 16:52   #1
akki007
Inactive

Services: TiVo XL, L BB, L Phone
akki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to all
An email from Neil Berkett re: VM HD Channels

I sent this to Neil Berkett today at 15:52:

"Mr Berkett,

In early December 2008 you announced “To date our HD content is limited, we only have a couple of HD channels today and we will be launching four channels over the next three months.”

Please could you clarify whether or not you were in fact referring to 4 non-HD channels being launched in the three month period following this announcement. I assume this is what you were referring to as the three month period has now passed and to date the only HD linear channel available on the Virgin Media platform is BBC HD.

I look forward to your response coming soon.

Kind regards

Aaron Atkinson
Loyal and long standing Virgin Media customer."

At 16:35 I received this:

"No I was referring to HD channels which was absolutely our intention. We are negotiating as we speak and will be launching 6 or seven channels at once shortly

Neil Berkett | Chief Executive Officer
Virgin Media"

I did post this in another thread but it is mangled in with other info and I thought it deserved a thread of it's own for discussion.
akki007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2009, 16:58   #2
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: An email from Neil Berkett re: VM HD Channels

Interesting - did the reply come from Berkett's own email address?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 16:59   #3
akki007
Inactive

akki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to all

It did indeed! Obviously this doesn't mean it was from Neil himself though.
Old 01-04-2009, 17:02   #4
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

No, but very few people will be proxied to his mailbox. Whether the words are his or someone from PR, it will have been sent with his express permission and the 'send' button pushed either by him or someone who works closely with him, probably his PA.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 17:04   #5
akki007
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
No, but very few people will be proxied to his mailbox. Whether the words are his or someone from PR, it will have been sent with his express permission and the 'send' button pushed either by him or someone who works closely with him, probably his PA.
Well, can we therefore take from this that six or seven HD linear channels are actually coming our way?! I do hope so. I did email back with a slightly tongue in cheek comment asking him to list the channels but no reply!!
Old 01-04-2009, 17:19   #6
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Well done mate... lets see if he keeps to it...
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 17:21   #7
akki007
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
Well done mate... lets see if he keeps to it...
I'm waiting for my reputation to go through the roof......nothing yet though!
Old 01-04-2009, 17:45   #8
taugenichts
cf.member

taugenichts is an unknown quantity at this point

I assume that "at once shortly" (????????????) now replaces "coming soon".

It's truly hilariously oxymoronic / contradictory. LOL.
taugenichts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 17:48   #9
akki007
Inactive

Not really. Makes sense to me. At worst it's missing a comma.
Old 01-04-2009, 17:53   #10
taugenichts
cf.member

taugenichts is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: An email from Neil Berkett re: VM HD Channels

Come to think of it, I assume the number of 'promised' channels too will grow arithmetically / geometrically with the passage of (yet more) time:

3 -> 6/7 -> 12-14 etc., etc.

Absolutely fed up with all the fine? words and lack of action.

---------- Post added at 17:53 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

Then he should have said 'at the same time' or simultaneously' to make himself clear?
taugenichts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 18:19   #11
nexy33
Inactive

Services: Sky hd BT phone Vm 50 meg till they stm it
nexy33 is an unknown quantity at this point

and nobody is suprised with the date he replies in an inverse sort of way replying on the day of fools might be the only time we get truth out of his lying ass. "If you lie they will stay"
nexy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 18:41   #12
virginruinedntl
Inactive

virginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of light

lol, he didnt say 6-7 in today official press release, he's constantly lying in order to keep customers.

join this facebook petition group i just created: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=76027038034
virginruinedntl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 19:17   #13
windy
Inactive

Services: XL TV/XL BB(60) /PHONE/ M..TIVO/FREEVIEW HD Samsung Galaxy s3
windy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginruinedntl View Post
lol, he didnt say 6-7 in today official press release, he's constantly lying in order to keep customers.

join this facebook petition group i just created: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=76027038034
Just joined the group..and started a topic..guess what it is..
windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 13:37   #14
Mad Dog
Inactive

Services: XL Package V Box ( Ex - Telewest )
Mad Dog is an unknown quantity at this point

When he says new HD channels in Q1, he may mean Apr- Jun 09. In most business's the financial year starts April not January.
Mad Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 14:05   #15
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
When he says new HD channels in Q1, he may mean Apr- Jun 09. In most business's the financial year starts April not January.
It's January for VM, they run January to December.
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote