Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The state benefits system mega-thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

The state benefits system mega-thread.

Old 30-07-2018, 12:11   #1966
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Its for 2 years. Which is fine. My conditions will be worse by then anyway.
Old 30-07-2018, 14:36   #1967
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Well good news. Got a call on Friday afternoon from the DWP and it was to say they have looked at my application again and are giving me the standard payment for daily living and mobility. Backdated to March.

If I accepted they would contact the tribunal to say it's closed. They clearly don't want it going that far.

I'm happy.
Fantastic news Stephen
Old 30-07-2018, 19:00   #1968
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Well good news. Got a call on Friday afternoon from the DWP and it was to say they have looked at my application again and are giving me the standard payment for daily living and mobility. Backdated to March.

If I accepted they would contact the tribunal to say it's closed. They clearly don't want it going that far.

I'm happy.
It does make you wonder what you'd get if you did go for the tribunal.

Please for you though that you got a result.

It's been 9 weeks since I've sent my form in and still waiting to hear back. Though I did send in 39 pages of supporting medical evidence, 8 pages of addition information, 5 pages of a personal letter from my wife and a few photos.
Old 30-07-2018, 21:07   #1969
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:

I'm happy.
As you're the one that requested the appeal. doesn't that mean you are the only one that can withdraw it? The DWP can concede an appeal, but the appeal still goes ahead even if only a paper hearing to agree with the DWP conceded decision .

Bear in mind that if you do go ahead with the appeal to get more, the Tribunal also has the power to remove any existing award.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 22:53   #1970
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

No they can notify that an agreement has been reached.

---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Fantastic news Stephen
I know, so relieved really.
Old 30-07-2018, 23:19   #1971
nomadking
cf.mega poster

nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
No they can notify that an agreement has been reached.

---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

I know, so relieved really.
The appellant would still have to notify the Tribunals Service as to whether they agreed with it. The general principle in any legal or quasi-legal(eg benefits Tribunal) situation is that only the party bringing the claim/appeal can stop it. The DWP are the "Respondents" in this process.

I recently had an odd situation with an ESA appeal. The appeal process of a previous ESA claim and gone through without success and went further to the Upper Tribunal which decided on a rehearing. At the rehearing the Tribunal was cut short with them deciding in my favour.

In the meantime I had reclaimed ESA(it can be done but it is tricky and indeed risky) and was turned down. I queried what would happen if I informed the future Tribunal of the rehearing a few months earlier? In the end the Tribunal hearing went ahead and the DWP sent a Presenting Officer. I walked into the room and the decision was on the table. They had come to a decision without seeing me, and the DWP were going to concede anyway.

Didn't have to go through the appeals process for PIP. It was awarded at the Capita assessment stage and it helped with the ESA Tribunal hearings.
Old 31-07-2018, 11:43   #1972
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

A 8am phonecall this morning asking for my daughter, turned out to be the ESA assessor asking her to arrive 40 minutes early tomorrow (through rush hour traffic).

This is a known tactic to see if you can change plans at short notice.

However, the contact should have been via myself as I am her appointee. But it's too late now. She has already fallen into one of their traps.
Taf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 15:54   #1973
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
A 8am phonecall this morning asking for my daughter, turned out to be the ESA assessor asking her to arrive 40 minutes early tomorrow (through rush hour traffic).

However, the contact should have been via myself as I am her appointee. But it's too late now. She has already fallen into one of their traps.
Arrive late proving otherwise then !
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 17:46   #1974
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:

So, has their "trap" proven that your daughter can change plans at short notice and what are the ramifications?
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 18:41   #1975
Taf
cf.mega poster

Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
So, has their "trap" proven that your daughter can change plans at short notice and what are the ramifications?
They know that I, as her Carer and appointee, will be taking her there by car. I wrote so on the forms they issue after the assessor for my son wrote that he told them that we arrived by car. But we both told her that we came by bus.

Catch them in one lie, and all other statements by them are therefore suspect.

And the Tribunal agreed.

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Arrive late proving otherwise then !
Arrive late, assessment cancelled, ESA can (and often is) suspended, even with very good excuses and proof.
Old 01-08-2018, 00:50   #1976
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
They know that I, as her Carer and appointee, will be taking her there by car. I wrote so on the forms they issue after the assessor for my son wrote that he told them that we arrived by car. But we both told her that we came by bus.

Catch them in one lie, and all other statements by them are therefore suspect.

And the Tribunal agreed.
Sorry Taf, I'm not sure why it matters that you traveled by car or bus but I won't bother you with (any more) banal questions
Old 01-08-2018, 01:16   #1977
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
The appellant would still have to notify the Tribunals Service as to whether they agreed with it. The general principle in any legal or quasi-legal(eg benefits Tribunal) situation is that only the party bringing the claim/appeal can stop it. The DWP are the "Respondents" in this process.

I recently had an odd situation with an ESA appeal. The appeal process of a previous ESA claim and gone through without success and went further to the Upper Tribunal which decided on a rehearing. At the rehearing the Tribunal was cut short with them deciding in my favour.

In the meantime I had reclaimed ESA(it can be done but it is tricky and indeed risky) and was turned down. I queried what would happen if I informed the future Tribunal of the rehearing a few months earlier? In the end the Tribunal hearing went ahead and the DWP sent a Presenting Officer. I walked into the room and the decision was on the table. They had come to a decision without seeing me, and the DWP were going to concede anyway.

Didn't have to go through the appeals process for PIP. It was awarded at the Capita assessment stage and it helped with the ESA Tribunal hearings.
I'll call the tribunal service tomorrow and check with them to be sure.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:53   #1978
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I'll call the tribunal service tomorrow and check with them to be sure.
Can't harm to withdraw your appeal stating why, as the issue has been settled to your satisfaction.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:59   #1979
Taf
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Sorry Taf, I'm not sure why it matters that you traveled by car or bus but I won't bother you with (any more) banal questions
By bus: able to navigate on public transport, offer correct change, not affected by crowds, able to understand and read timetables, able to accept changes caused by delays, able to step up to enter the bus and step down to leave it.

By car: able to drive independently and safely, navigate and comply with the rules of the road... or... able to enter and leave a vehicle as a passenger, not suffer from anxiety or other distress as a passenger.

There are other indicators they look for, but these are the main ones IMHO.
Old 01-08-2018, 17:48   #1980
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
By bus: able to navigate on public transport, offer correct change, not affected by crowds, able to understand and read timetables, able to accept changes caused by delays, able to step up to enter the bus and step down to leave it.

By car: able to drive independently and safely, navigate and comply with the rules of the road... or... able to enter and leave a vehicle as a passenger, not suffer from anxiety or other distress as a passenger.

There are other indicators they look for, but these are the main ones IMHO.
Thanks Taf.