Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 15:30   #2806
jj20x

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
No, but I think we got the better arrangement by keeping Eden HD, which I believe Sky no longer have with this change. I assume that has actually transpired as predicted?
Indeed. Sky no longer carries Eden HD.

Advertisement
Old 02-10-2017, 15:37   #2807
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
As I posted earlier, I think that it will initially be a Sky exclusive channel.

Be interesting to see how this development affects any future UKTV channels going FTA.
As discussed previously, GOLD going HD on Sky has nothing to do with the possibility of any UKTV channels going FTA.

Last edited by SonicMaster; 02-10-2017 at 15:55.
Old 02-10-2017, 16:25   #2808
dodgem22
cf.addict

Services: virgin tv phone and broadband giff gaff mobile
dodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about them

Are Virgin/LG or Malone part owners of UKTV? If they are you would think we would get Gold HD to without an exclusive period for Sky.
Old 02-10-2017, 16:47   #2809
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
As discussed previously, GOLD going HD on Sky has nothing to do with the possibility of any UKTV channels going FTA.
I disagree, but in the end neither of us know for certain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgem22 View Post
Are Virgin/LG or Malone part owners of UKTV? If they are you would think we would get Gold HD to without an exclusive period for Sky.
Don't think that the 50% sale of UKTV has gone through yet. If I'm correct, this may be why it's been done at this point in time.

---------- Post added at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

Quote:
No, but I think we got the better arrangement by keeping Eden HD
With the type of programming involved, I agree.
Old 02-10-2017, 18:37   #2810
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Analysis of the NIT data shows that Sky Ocean Rescue HD is testing on 5 internal VM networks normally associated with such tests.

Analysis of the SDT data shows that Sky Ocean Rescue HD is flagged in the Documentary section of the EPG on channel 244 with an EPG name of "Sky Ocean". Pack flags hadn't been added.

A516Digital has reveal that the Sky Ocean Rescue HD ‘pop-up’ channel will launch Wednesday October 4th until Sunday 9th October 2017.

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/10/s...p-channel.html

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgem22 View Post
As far as we know the Scripps Networks Interactive sale to Discovery Communications is still pending.

---------- Post added at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 15:53 ----------

Sky Cinema is set to launch an Sky Cinema Animation Channel from October 14th.

Source: From an ad we saw over the past week.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 02-10-2017, 21:31   #2811
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
A516Digital has reveal that the Sky Ocean Rescue HD ‘pop-up’ channel will launch Wednesday October 4th until Sunday 9th October 2017.
Sky issued a press release today:

https://www.skygroup.sky/corporate/m...POP-UP-CHANNEL

Old 02-10-2017, 21:34   #2812
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Thanks for link.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 02-10-2017, 22:11   #2813
jj20x

Overnight SDT scan data shows temporary rebrands, True Movies has now morphed into True Christmas and Nick Jr Too has morphed into Nick Jr Peppa.

The scan indicated that pack codes have been suppressed for Cartoon Network, Cartoonito, Nickelodeon, Boomerang, Pop, Tiny Pop & TV5, suggesting that these channels are currently available to all viewers. There's no indication of how long they will be available on all TV packs.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:44   #2814
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
No mention of it being broadcast as a pop up channel on Virgin Media, I see.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:54   #2815
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Not a hope of that for you OB.
Old 03-10-2017, 14:05   #2816
jj20x

Quote:
It doesn't but it's a self promotional press release focussing on the channel being made available across all of Sky's various European platforms for the first time. Probably not the best place to say also available on competing platforms.

I've been told that networks served by the Barnsley headend had further frequency changes overnight, with transport streams 31 and 38 to 41 on the move for the second time in 3 days. A game of frequency based musical chairs perhaps?

Old 03-10-2017, 14:57   #2817
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
No, but I think we got the better arrangement by keeping Eden HD, which I believe Sky no longer have...
In the first week only 5 shows are in HD, just 8.5% of the schedule:

Big School
David Jason: My Life on Screen (special)
Live at the Apollo (1 episode)
Mrs Brown's Boys (1 episode)
The Story of Only Fools and Horses (special)

Info. courtesy of Ant.
Old 03-10-2017, 16:16   #2818
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/10/s...p-channel.html
I would just point out that 9 October is a Monday. Not your fault, MB, the article is wrong.
Old 03-10-2017, 19:16   #2819
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Overnight SDT scan data shows temporary rebrands, True Movies has now morphed into True Christmas and Nick Jr Too has morphed into Nick Jr Peppa.

The scan indicated that pack codes have been suppressed for Cartoon Network, Cartoonito, Nickelodeon, Boomerang, Pop, Tiny Pop & TV5, suggesting that these channels are currently available to all viewers. There's no indication of how long they will be available on all TV packs.
Until 31st October.

http://cdn.virginmediapresents.com/2...de_OCT17-1.pdf
Old 03-10-2017, 20:12   #2820
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Thanks, I tried to check that yesterday but the download links still had the September version. Hmmm! so until the price rise becomes effective... interesting.

Closed Thread