Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PM Boris forms a government

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

PM Boris forms a government
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 21:00   #1921
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: PM Boris forms a government

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Looks like Labour is preparing for an election.
Link

I wonder how many of them are genuine?
Well I got a letter from my local authority a couple of weeks ago, asking me to confirm my details for the electoral register, which I finally got around to yesterday. I suggest that many other authorities have probably done this.

Doesn’t necessarily mean there’s been a massive rush just on this issue.
Old 05-09-2019, 21:05   #1922
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

I see that Johnson junior has quit... how many more blue noses will go.
Old 05-09-2019, 21:06   #1923
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
and for the record don't want a second referendum but it better way to settle it and choice should be remain and no deal think that's fairest
Absolutely not, any re-running of the referendum should be an exact replica of the original with the exact same question as the original.

Everybody now knows what connotations are behind any Leave vote, and may include a deal or not.

But the question has to be the same, if it ever happens.

---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
I see that Johnson junior has quit... how many more blue noses will go.
I see a Labour MP also quit, I wonder how many of them will go?
Old 05-09-2019, 21:07   #1924
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Absolutely not, any re-running of the referendum should be an exact replica of the original with the exact same question as the original.

Everybody now knows what connotations are behind any Leave vote, and may include a deal or not.

But the question has to be the same, if it ever happens.
election wont solve it what if we elect a mostly remain parliament again will leavers be happy then no chance
Old 05-09-2019, 21:07   #1925
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Well I got a letter from my local authority a couple of weeks ago, asking me to confirm my details for the electoral register, which I finally got around to yesterday. I suggest that many other authorities have probably done this.

Same for me.
Old 05-09-2019, 21:15   #1926
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Same for me.
And here as we got ours several weeks ago.
Old 05-09-2019, 21:25   #1927
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

Although they likely wouldn't count as a registation unless you added someone to the register whose eligible to vote I don't think.

What the figure there probably does include is people who registered despite already being eligible. You can register over and over again and it just works. They advise doing it just in case you aren't as there .
Old 05-09-2019, 21:28   #1928
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:

In which case the level shouldn't be that unusual but it is.
From my previous link.

Quote:
Sym Roe, from the non-profit Democracy Club, says although there are usually spikes in registrations when students heading to university have to re-apply with their new address, these stats are "quite unusual".
"Compared to other years this is several times bigger than what we would expect for early September.
The figures shot up starting the 1st Sept. Before that the daily figures peaked around 20,000.
Government stats.
Old 05-09-2019, 21:35   #1929
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

People know an election is coming, the number spikes before elections.
Old 05-09-2019, 22:22   #1930
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
People know an election is coming, the number spikes before elections.
Stats from the Gov UK website

https://www.gov.uk/performance/register-to-vote
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 06-09-2019, 01:32   #1931
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

The question on the last referendum was "leave or remain" I thought it was pretty clear it wasn't Leave, remain or leave with a deal.

If people who voted leave were under the assumption that we would leave the EU under the same deal as a member need to live with that vote they put pen to paper and should have maybe spent a bit of time thinking about it so it's not my problem.

Imagine if we did this during the election they wouldn't allow it
Old 06-09-2019, 08:20   #1932
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
The question on the last referendum was "leave or remain" I thought it was pretty clear it wasn't Leave, remain or leave with a deal.

If people who voted leave were under the assumption that we would leave the EU under the same deal as a member need to live with that vote they put pen to paper and should have maybe spent a bit of time thinking about it so it's not my problem.

Imagine if we did this during the election they wouldn't allow it
It's clearly your problem as we haven't left yet and each time a new deadline is given, it is extended.
If Vote Leave and Leave.EU had put more energy into supporting the kind of deal they promised then we wouldn't be in the current situation.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:04   #1933
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
It's clearly your problem as we haven't left yet and each time a new deadline is given, it is extended.
If Vote Leave and Leave.EU had put more energy into supporting the kind of deal they promised then we wouldn't be in the current situation.
When was Vote Leave and Leave.EU at the official negotiations?

I’ll give you a clue shall I?

Was on probably on the 12th. Some time in “Never”.

How the hell are people who weren’t responsible for cooking up a deal, to accept it?
Old 06-09-2019, 09:46   #1934
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

The way things are going, on the 12th of Never we’ll still be in the EU...
Old 06-09-2019, 10:13   #1935
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

BREAKING: Prime Minister Boris Johnson to have dinner with her Majesty, the Queen tonight at Balmoral.

To be a fly on the wall during this event.... possible discussions...

1) Ask Queen to dissolve Parliament for potential election, ignore Common law, she cannot be challenged if she did.

2) Ask Queen to deny Royal Assent to Remainer Anti-No deal Bill, expected to clear all stages tonight.

3) Inform her of his intentions to resign at some later date. Given his lack of government power in Parliament.
Closed Thread