Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Star Trek: Picard

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Star Trek: Picard

Old 21-08-2019, 13:00   #31
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Star Trek: Picard

It will be about 5 years after Nemesis and possibly will reveal the events that lead him to retire from Starfleet.
Old 21-08-2019, 14:29   #32
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Just found out they are planning another set of 6 shorts. The good news is that these ones aren't going to be Discovery-centric.....

So who will get these outside of the US? Netflix or Amazon?

Bids please!
Old 21-08-2019, 15:31   #33
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
So who will get these outside of the US? Netflix or Amazon?

Bids please!
Other sources

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 16:11   #34
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
So who will get these outside of the US? Netflix or Amazon?!
Amazon own the distribution rights for the Picard series and they are also showing this "second season" of shorts.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 17:19   #35
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

They are? I knew they have Picard but thought as Netflix had Discoveet and Short Trek already that they would have them again.
Old 21-08-2019, 17:42   #36
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

My bad, I misread it. I am sure they have already got it sorted out but it is going to be interesting given that the Pike and Spock stories will be Netflix owned stuff and the Picard short will be Amazon you would have thought. That being said, the whole conversation might be mute because I don't think Netflix showed the first lot of shorts, I think they were only available through CBS online in the US.

Old 21-08-2019, 18:00   #37
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
because I don't think Netflix showed the first lot of shorts, I think they were only available through CBS online in the US.
They do, but they've buried them under 'Trailers & More' and have never promoted them. Apparently they only got them as a free addition as part the Season 2 package - they originally weren't going to carry them as CBS wanted Netflix to pay extra for them

Some of Season 2 references them so would have been odd if they weren't available.
Old 21-08-2019, 18:01   #38
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

The short trek episodes weren't part of the Discovery deal. However they did get shown on Netflix after a few months and a deal was done. It maybe all but the Picard one will be on Netflix. As there are 3 based on the Pike Enterprise and a Picard one and the final 2 are animated.

Last edited by Stephen; 21-08-2019 at 18:05.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 21:48   #39
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Has anyone actually watched the shorts ?

Old 21-08-2019, 21:55   #40
General Maximus
Ran Away

Yeah, they are absolutely rubbish. You can tell it is something they got the weaker characters to do inbetween filming the normal eps. "Hey, you are not needed for the next couple of hours so shall we pop over to the mess hall and you can pretend to act and we'll make a shitty story where we break established starfleet rules and regulations?".

They are only 15 minutes and you blast through them in no time but you honestly ask.yourself at the end of each one "whyyyyyyyyy?"
Old 21-08-2019, 21:55   #41
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I have. A couple were pretty good and there are things in season 2 that follow on from the first one in particular which was centred on Tilly and the queen that shows up at the end of season 2.

I also enjoyed Calypso, which may or may not reveal what happened to Discovery after a long time in the future.

The one with Harry Mudd was also fairly decent.

They were created to shorten the time between season 1 and 2.

Last edited by Stephen; 21-08-2019 at 22:12.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 22:11   #42
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Ive seen all of Season 2 now except the final episode.
I havent seen the shorts, and I dont think Ive missed anything.

Old 21-08-2019, 22:40   #43
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I would even watch Runaway as that's the one that introduces the character that helps in the finale and makes friends with Tilly.

The other one was Brightest star that tells the back story of the 1st officer before he left the Kelpian planet. But if you have already seen all the episodes you might not want to.
Old 23-08-2019, 20:54   #44
General Maximus
Ran Away

I liked the Kelpian episode, it was the only good one. Even though it was only 15 minutes it added so much history and enhanced the story for the main episode for me. It is a shame they couldn't someway have made it mandatory viewing or incorporated it in another episode "10 years ago..........." (or however long ago it was). The Tilly episode did my nut in big time, I wanted to smash her face in. They shouldn't have been allowed to make that episode, it goes against we know. If Star Trek was new we wouldn't know anything different but we have got decades of TNG, DS9, Voyager and even Enterprise and that episode contradicts every flipping rule and regulation in the book. What made it even more laughable is that she was supposed to be training to be an officer yet can't follow the prime directive, can't report intruders to security and can't report potential threats or first contact situations to her captain. What an absolute joke. She does my head in and has done from the start. Her character is completely false and her undisciplined and erratic behaviour would never be tolerated on the bridge of a Starfleet ship.
Old 24-08-2019, 10:24   #45
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I like Tully, but the way I see her is a person who led a sheltered life and may or may not have ADHD or a similar learning difficulty. Who wants to do more than people said she could. I think she is fun and will prove to be very important in the next series. Without her short though the character she meets would not have been there to help when the plot required it.

I really do hope we get a confirmed start date for Picard soon.