Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 14-07-2019, 21:47   #1231
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
US Golf
MLS
NFL
NBA
All of which already air on Sky Sports so no point.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-07-2019, 21:49   #1232
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
All of which already air on Sky Sports so no point.
If you go back to my post at 4pm today I did say One of the Sky Sports channels (Sky Sports name here) may* close for NBC Sport to launch.

*"-One Sky Sports Channel may replace by NBCSports."
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2019, 21:51   #1233
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
If you go back to my post at 4pm today I did say One of the Sky Sports channels (Sky Sports name here) will close for NBC Sport to launch.

"-One Sky Sports Channel may replace by NBCSports."
May be wrong but just don't see it , Sky Sports is a far more recognised brand in Europe.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2019, 21:53   #1234
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Just passing on information we was given today by an Media Boy Source.
Old 14-07-2019, 22:14   #1235
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Life is all may and buts.
Are you sure about this, MB? It doesn't sound right to me.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2019, 22:17   #1236
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Are you sure about this, MB? It doesn't sound right to me.
"You MAY win Lotto BUT get hit by the bus on your way to get it".
Old 14-07-2019, 22:20   #1237
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I don't know how many times I have to repeat that it absolutely didn't.
Sky absolutely did.

https://www.skygroup.sky/corporate/m...of-tv-channels

This agreement is a further step in Sky’s strategy to maximise distribution of key channel brands and to monetise its content investment further across all TV platforms. By adding Now TV to the heart of BT’s TV offering, Sky’s portfolio of TV entertainment brands will be available to all UK consumers through each major Pay-TV service, reaching new customers and expanding the appeal of our channels to advertisers.

Sky's own website, that was.

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 21:18 ----------

Quote:
"You MAY win Lotto BUT get hit by the bus on your way to get it".
Well, that's a great help.
Old 14-07-2019, 22:20   #1238
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

They didn't.

That's your interpretation of "major platforms", it's a press release and use of the term has no legal standing. If Sky want to be snide in their use of the term excluding Virgin Media from their definition then they absolutely can, and did.

Some of Sky's portfolio is on Virgin, however it was entirely predictable that they didn't mean Sky Atlantic was coming to Virgin Media.

If those terms had legal standing they'd have to remove that news release as misleading. If you were to email and ask for a correction they'd laugh you out of town.

Last edited by jfman; 14-07-2019 at 22:26.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2019, 22:29   #1239
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
They didn't.

That's your interpretation of "major platforms", it's a press release and use of the term has no legal standing. If Sky want to be snide in their use of the term excluding Virgin Media from their definition then they absolutely can, and did.

It was entirely predictable that they didn't mean Virgin Media.
Of course Virgin Media is a major platform! Black really is white in your head, isn't it?

A better argument would be that they didn't necessarily mean their complete portfolio, but it would be surprising that they have relented their exclusivity of SA on BT but not on Virgin Media.

Yet another possibility is that Sky were prepared to make the channel available at a price VM were not prepared to pay.

However, despite all of this, I am not sure I believe the information MB has been given, but we won't know anything for sure until there is an official announcement or it just suddenly appears. I still think it is likely that we will get Atlantic.
Old 14-07-2019, 22:31   #1240
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

You can think Virgin is a major platform, I can agree, but that's utterly irrelevant to Sky's use of the term.

You read what you wanted to in their statement. Not what it actually said.
Old 14-07-2019, 22:33   #1241
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
You can think Virgin is a major platform, I can agree, but that's utterly irrelevant to Sky's use of the term.

You read what you wanted to in their statement. Not what it actually said.
I read the words. You are trying to spin them. You are very good at that, I must say.
Old 14-07-2019, 22:41   #1242
jfman
Architect of Ideas

I'm not trying to spin them at all. You're interpreting it incorrectly to support what you think will happen.

I'm telling you there's enough leeway in the wording that it doesn't guarantee Sky Atlantic on Virgin. Not by a long shot.
Old 14-07-2019, 22:55   #1243
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I'm not trying to spin them at all. You're interpreting it incorrectly to support what you think will happen.

I'm telling you there's enough leeway in the wording that it doesn't guarantee Sky Atlantic on Virgin. Not by a long shot.
You can only really interpret it one way which is Virgin Media is a major platform. If Sky didn't mean that, that isn't Old Boys fault.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2019, 22:57   #1244
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Does anyone have a link to the Sky press release about Atlantic that is being discussed here please?
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2019, 23:03   #1245
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
You can only really interpret it one way which is Virgin Media is a major platform. If Sky didn't mean that, that isn't Old Boys fault.
With a Sky press release as a Virgin Media customer I tend to frame it though a lens of "how am I likely to be disappointed by this?".

I've warned against the Atlantic coming to Virgin interpretation since they published it. The obvious question is why wasn't it added back then?

I don't buy the Game of Thrones argument, seven years in the number of folk subscribing on that basis will be miniscule. A three month Now TV pass would suffice, and for such a small number the revenue would be dwarfed by a wholesale deal to four million Virgin subscribers.

---------- Post added at 22:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Does anyone have a link to the Sky press release about Atlantic that is being discussed here please?
https://www.skygroup.sky/corporate/m...of-tv-channels