Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 25-06-2019, 19:10   #1141
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Wimbledon is almost here, perhaps that's the HD channels??
The BBC Red Button channels are already there and labelled on DBR, inc the HD one.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-06-2019, 19:11   #1142
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Thanks MB.

Perhaps its some of the missing channels we were meant to get a few years ago, like CNN USA etc??

Thanks angus.
Old 25-06-2019, 21:02   #1143
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
Found this video with a guy separating the 2 halves of the V6 box (which I am not condoning).
Essentially its is 2 boxes in one!, the top half appears to be very similar to Liberty's Horizon 4 box which would connect to the cloud for recorded content and the bottom connected half only contains the hard drive for use by current UK V6 customers.
Watch from 2min 10 secs...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6isteKO4zxI
At 7:37 it says 'this is the fan'. Spiderplant has previously said that our boxes don't use a fan (and not to let my cat sleep on it)

Can't say i've ever heard it using a fan, perhaps it's simply not utilised, but there to start using if boxes started overheating if the vents proved to be insufficient??
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 21:08   #1144
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

The V6 does have a very quiet fan. In my experience, you have to put your ear very close to hear it.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 21:50   #1145
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
At 7:37 it says 'this is the fan'. Spiderplant has previously said that our boxes don't use a fan (and not to let my cat sleep on it) ?
The older Tivos don't contain a fan. The V6 does, as I mentioned here
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...&postcount=354

Still don't let you cat sleep on it though. The fur clogs the fan.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 07:44   #1146
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
The V6 does have a very quiet fan. In my experience, you have to put your ear very close to hear it.
If it's in a bedroom, it's noticeable/ irritating imo. However the box can be hidden away in a drawer /cupboard as the RC does not need line of sight, which works for me.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 08:48   #1147
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
If it's in a bedroom, it's noticeable/ irritating imo. However the box can be hidden away in a drawer /cupboard as the RC does not need line of sight, which works for me.
l don't hear it in the bedroom Mr K so your earing must hear even the slightest noise.
Old 26-06-2019, 08:58   #1148
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Personally the noise I hear from the box is the hard drive spinning up etc, rather than the fan. So once it's running I tend to tune it out as it's a (mostly) constant noise.
Old 26-06-2019, 10:14   #1149
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Personally the noise I hear from the box is the hard drive spinning up etc, rather than the fan. So once it's running I tend to tune it out as it's a (mostly) constant noise.
I always thought it was the hard drive too.
Old 26-06-2019, 11:51   #1150
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

The new Channel Guide PDFs for June are now available, updated to reflect the Mixit and Maxit packages, and the Personal Picks, in addition to the existing Player, Mix, Fun and Full House packages... there a lot of columns!

Desktop: https://www.virginmedia.com/content/...e_June2019.pdf
Mobile: https://www.virginmedia.com/content/..._June12019.pdf

There is also a helpful PDF showing which channels are included in each of the Personal Picks add-ons:

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/...Picks_2019.pdf
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 12:34   #1151
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
The new Channel Guide PDFs for June are now available, updated to reflect the Mixit and Maxit packages, and the Personal Picks, in addition to the existing Player, Mix, Fun and Full House packages... there a lot of columns!

Desktop: https://www.virginmedia.com/content/...e_June2019.pdf
Mobile: https://www.virginmedia.com/content/..._June12019.pdf

There is also a helpful PDF showing which channels are included in each of the Personal Picks add-ons:

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/...Picks_2019.pdf
The Personal Picks one again makes interesting omissions. The Comcast owned channels all only have their SD versions included. I've said it before, but this suggests (to me, it's just my interpretation) that negotiations between VM and Comcast companies are going to include HD swaps.

---------- Post added at 12:34 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

Having said that, I just looked at the Channel Guides and the use (or not) of the + in columns suggests I may be wrong, and the Comcast companies are just doing things differently.
Old 26-06-2019, 12:36   #1152
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
Found this video with a guy separating the 2 halves of the V6 box (which I am not condoning).
Essentially its is 2 boxes in one!, the top half appears to be very similar to Liberty's Horizon 4 box which would connect to the cloud for recorded content and the bottom connected half only contains the hard drive for use by current UK V6 customers.
Watch from 2min 10 secs...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6isteKO4zxI
Interesting, I'm not sure if it states the reason for taking it apart (I was hoping it was to insert a larger disk), if it did I must have missed it.

The disk appears to be a laptop sized one rather than the standard pc type.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 18:06   #1153
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future
Prime Video

Virgin TV Edit are now advertising Prime Video as launching soon on Virgin TV

There’s now another reason to stay in-in with Virgin TV – Prime Video is coming to your all-singing, all-dancing V6 box! That means if you have an Amazon Prime subscription you’ll be able to enjoy fantastic Amazon Original shows like Good Omens and The Grand Tour, brilliant movies, incredible sport, and – for the first time this season – live Premier League football.

It’s available to all Virgin TV customers with a V6 box, powered by TiVo®. Simply sign up to Amazon Prime Video via their website, and you can log in on the box once the service has launched. And because Prime Video will be fully integrated into TiVo®, you can search without even going into the app. Just select Search & Discover from the Home menu and type in the name of the show or movie you’re after. Simples!

Stay tuned to Virgin TV Edit for more updates on Prime Video.
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 18:20   #1154
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Or if it's just Good Omens you're interested in, it was originally a BBC production that Amazon joined, so wait until later in the year and watch it on BBC2.
Old 27-06-2019, 06:43   #1155
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Red button 990 and 992 to 996 added this morning.