Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Thinking of leaving VM

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

Thinking of leaving VM

Old 06-08-2019, 06:00   #16
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Thing of leaveing

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
Maybe Ken isn't a hard bargainer.

You haven't said what you do when they hike the prices.
The first nine words of my previous post.

I’m just trying to help the forum play the game - I specifically said I wasn’t meaning any offence to the OP in a previous post. I only referred to the general mix.

I don’t find low paid call centre workers reading scripts particularly intimidating - it’s your legal right to leave and they know it.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2019, 07:38   #17
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
Maybe Ken isn't a hard bargainer.

You haven't said what you do when they hike the prices.

Yes I have received an increase email.

One of the problems that I have is a hearing impairment which I advice the agent but the take no notice and ramble on and I cannot fully understand their accent.

I am actively looking for another internet supplier.

All I need is a land line and broadband.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 10:53   #18
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
Yes I have received an increase email.

One of the problems that I have is a hearing impairment which I advice the agent but the take no notice and ramble on and I cannot fully understand their accent.

I am actively looking for another internet supplier.

All I need is a land line and broadband.
I am not sure on this but doesn't it cost over £100 to get a landline installed? someone here maybe able to advise on this, also make sure you check what broadband speed you would be expected to get or you may end up regretting it especially if you live in a rural village.
Old 06-08-2019, 13:18   #19
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
The first nine words of my previous post.

I’m just trying to help the forum play the game - I specifically said I wasn’t meaning any offence to the OP in a previous post. I only referred to the general mix.

I don’t find low paid call centre workers reading scripts particularly intimidating - it’s your legal right to leave and they know it.

Apologies, I didn't read your post properly.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 11:21   #20
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I am not sure on this but doesn't it cost over £100 to get a landline installed? someone here maybe able to advise on this, also make sure you check what broadband speed you would be expected to get or you may end up regretting it especially if you live in a rural village.

One of the problems is the time it takes for my selected provider to install and new service, at am looking at Talk Talk who can offer 38 meg which is sufficient for me.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:37   #21
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
One of the problems is the time it takes for my selected provider to install and new service, at am looking at Talk Talk who can offer 38 meg which is sufficient for me.
Unless it takes them longer than 30 days (which I doubt) it shouldn't be a problem.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 12:49   #22
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Also how much are they charging for a landline install, if it is £100+ it may not be worth leaving, you may also lose your phone number?
Old 09-08-2019, 13:22   #23
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Also how much are they charging for a landline install, if it is £100+ it may not be worth leaving, you may also lose your phone number?
Most are offering free connection. Why would he lose his phone number?
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 13:24   #24
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Most are offering free connection. Why would he lose his phone number?
I thought sometimes you couldn't move your phone number over, not sure why though, but this was donkeys years ago i was hearing this.

Ken if you do move, please remember to sort your VM email out before you do this or it maybe a disaster, it maybe a good time now to setup an alternative like Gmail or Outlook and start moving things over.
Old 09-08-2019, 16:35   #25
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I thought sometimes you couldn't move your phone number over, not sure why though, but this was donkeys years ago i was hearing this.

Ken if you do move, please remember to sort your VM email out before you do this or it maybe a disaster, it maybe a good time now to setup an alternative like Gmail or Outlook and start moving things over.

I am setting up some new email accounts, not sure where to go with Yahoo or Gmail or Outlook, any suggestions?

I had one person said that my VM is supplied by Open Reach, I do not know what planet he is on!
Old 09-08-2019, 16:42   #26
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
I am setting up some new email accounts, not sure where to go with Yahoo or Gmail or Outlook, any suggestions?

I had one person said that my VM is supplied by Open Reach, I do not know what planet he is on!
NOT Yahoo.

Use either Gmail or Outlook and you won't go wrong in my opinion.
Old 09-08-2019, 17:07   #27
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Quote:
NOT Yahoo.

Use either Gmail or Outlook and you won't go wrong in my opinion.

I have tried Gmail but gave up as is a pain the back side to setup, the same with Outlook, I have Office 2016 which has Outlook
Old 09-08-2019, 17:23   #28
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
I have tried Gmail but gave up as is a pain the back side to setup, the same with Outlook, I have Office 2016 which has Outlook
There is NO setting up for gmail or Outlook the only thing you need is the email and the password, you need to move away from POP3 ideally or you will give yourself hassle.

https://support.office.com/en-gb/art...6-c84ef146101b
Old 10-08-2019, 15:34   #29
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Re: Thinking of leaving VM

Have you sorted out your new email addresses yet, it only takes 5mins?
Old 10-08-2019, 15:52   #30
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Thinking of leaving VM

You should at least look at gmx.co.uk or gmx.com