Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Snow !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Snow !

Old 06-01-2010, 07:11   #1396
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Re: [Merged] Snow!

Judging by the layer on top of the table cover in the garden we had around 6" (carefully tries to avoid being Nanny Ogg).

Schools are shut yet hubby managed to get to work this morning by car. Tomorrow looks like being very icy as temperatures drop to -5.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2010, 07:35   #1397
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Services: 10Mb BB, DTV & Phone
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star

More snow overnight, not a lot here in the center of town but the council are already Twittering school closures around the area.
Delta Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:52   #1398
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
We have had another 2" overnight I don't think its worth my while spending maybe hour or more trying to get my car off the estate and onto some reasonable roads.

Therefore a day off today May even venture out with the camera.
Stagecoach are runnng a skeleton service, half hourly all services, apart from the service to Edwinstowe, and no service to Chesterfield.

I've just texted my boss and put a days holiday in. Saw a Transit trying to pull of our side road earlier, he didn't make it, the van's back end was dancing around all over the place.
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:52   #1399
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

None at all here in sunny Potton. Just about to get a bus to Bedford (I hope).
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:12   #1400
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon T View Post
Stagecoach are runnng a skeleton service, half hourly all services, apart from the service to Edwinstowe, and no service to Chesterfield.

I've just texted my boss and put a days holiday in. Saw a Transit trying to pull of our side road earlier, he didn't make it, the van's back end was dancing around all over the place.

Yea heard that on the news about the buses, snowing quite heavily in Newark at the moment.

I'll phone in at 9am when someone will be there to answer the phone. My wife managed to get into work, only because her mates other half has a 4x4. I'm not even gonna try and get either car going today.

Its was quite funny looking at yesterdays weather forecast's from the BBC for the Mansfield\Chesterfield area "light snow showers" LOL not so light me thinks.
I think that this calls for a fry-up
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:24   #1401
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon T View Post

I know a few people in Edwinstowe that won't be too happy about that
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:29   #1402
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Yea heard that on the news about the buses, snowing quite heavily in Newark at the moment.

I'll phone in at 9am when someone will be there to answer the phone. My wife managed to get into work, only because her mates other half has a 4x4. I'm not even gonna try and get either car going today.

Its was quite funny looking at yesterdays weather forecast's from the BBC for the Mansfield\Chesterfield area "light snow showers" LOL not so light me thinks.
I think that this calls for a fry-up
Stagecoach are "reviewing" the situation again, apparently cars can't get up Pecks or Skerry Hill, so don't think the Oak Tree bus stands a chance.
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:31   #1403
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

well my group has been cancelled - I am therefore going to Biggleswade (I Hope). If I Get stuck at least I can go to my dad's
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:55   #1404
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

All schools are closed here in st helens for the second day, the snow is thicker than yesterday!, thank god its stopped now though.
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:03   #1405
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

realy heavy snow in newcastle area most of the schools shut ,we havn't seen the tarmac on our estate for nearly 3 weeks now .It was nice for the kids when they broke up for christmas but now it's a pain up the jaksy
Old 06-01-2010, 09:12   #1406
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

No snow whatsoever here. lol
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:13   #1407
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

A few more inches fell here overnight - It's really, really cold, but the sun is out. There may be some flooding once it starts to thaw.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:14   #1408
Horace
©Beam Software

Services: BB (200mbit), 1x V6, iPad, iPhone
Horace has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
realy heavy snow in newcastle area most of the schools shut ,we havn't seen the tarmac on our estate for nearly 3 weeks now .It was nice for the kids when they broke up for christmas but now it's a pain up the jaksy
Same on Teesside, we've just had hailstones too, haven't seen those for a while but they look rather large.
Horace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:22   #1409
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
No snow whatsoever here. lol
Give it time
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:26   #1410
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura