Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | not recieving calls/texts

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

not recieving calls/texts

Old 07-09-2014, 00:17   #1
candy1567
Inactive

candy1567 has a brilliant futurecandy1567 has a brilliant futurecandy1567 has a brilliant futurecandy1567 has a brilliant futurecandy1567 has a brilliant futurecandy1567 has a brilliant futurecandy1567 has a brilliant futurecandy1567 has a brilliant futurecandy1567 has a brilliant futurecandy1567 has a brilliant futurecandy1567 has a brilliant futurecandy1567 has a brilliant future
not recieving calls/texts

Hi all

Am on a 2yr contract with a sony xperia m2 and have intermittent not receiving calls/texts

Spoke to virgin mobile tech support who stated that it is a software glitch and a problem with wifi and mobile network setting.

Was advised if i wanted to use wifi then to turn mobile data off and switch mobile network to GSM. (this is at home)

when i am out if i want to use internet then to turn wifi off, turn on mobile data and switch mobile networks to WCDMA(preferred)GSM

Hey presto yes it works, but why should i have to do this to get the phone to work!!!!!

Sony state it is a virgin problem and virgin state it is a sony problem

I just want this sorting out, can anyone help

Have only had the phone for 8 days and got it from the virgin shop so i can swap it under the 14day rule, but i do like the phone so would like it sorted

Does anyone know of a fix anytime soon, it is really silly having to phone your own mobile to see if its recieving calls or not!!!!

thanks

Juliex
candy1567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-09-2014, 20:05   #2
damien c
cf.mega poster

Services: Tivo, 100mb, Mobile
damien c has reached the bronze age
damien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze age
Re: not recieving calls/texts

I would get it swapped ASAP!

Get a HTC One M8 if you want a decent build quality, or a Samsung if you don't mind plastic.

I have a Sony Xperia Z2 that was from EE and I have the same issues with my Virgin sim card in it, now I didn't have any problems with any other phone from EE with a Virgin sim in it but this Z2 is giving me nothing but problems.

When people try to call me if I have Wi-Fi turned on, and the phone is "sleeping" then they quite often get a message saying I am unreachable or something like that, but as soon as I take the phone out of "sleep" I can be called and start to receive texts.

The issue I think is with the Sony phones and the Virgin network but, I cannot say for sure but I know I will be getting rid of my Z2 ASAP!
Old 14-09-2014, 20:51   #3
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Try the Galaxy S5 or S5 Mini cracking phones.
Old 14-09-2014, 22:18   #4
candy1567
Inactive

candy1567 has a brilliant futurecandy1567 has a brilliant futurecandy1567 has a brilliant futurecandy1567 has a brilliant futurecandy1567 has a brilliant futurecandy1567 has a brilliant futurecandy1567 has a brilliant futurecandy1567 has a brilliant futurecandy1567 has a brilliant futurecandy1567 has a brilliant futurecandy1567 has a brilliant futurecandy1567 has a brilliant future

thanks for the replies

I have now swapped the phone, got a nice little galaxy S5

when you try to call with wifi on it says "the phone you are trying to contact is unavailable" or words to that effect

Am really disappointed with virgin, they know there is a problem with the sony phones yet they are still supplying/selling them, its wrong who in their right mind would pay to rent a phone from virgin which only half works and they know this, its madness.

When i went to the virgin shop to swap the phone, the guys in the shop didn't believe me and looked at me as if i had 3 heads.

But when they connected to their store wifi and found that the phone couldnt receive calls/texts, they where saying its the card, its a problem with the network, the phone wasn't set up right.

They even went as far to say that sony xperia phones where their best sellers, and i replied by saying well thats ******** as their selling phones which dont work properly and are decieving the public its wrong

The problem is rife all over the tinternet so how come most of virgins staff dont know about it!!!!!

I even went on the virgin.mobile forum and one of the forum moderators stated and i quote "virgin are aware of the problem with the sony xperia phones and are in contact with sony to fix the software glitch"

when asked for a timescale, he said he didn't know, so when i said that it wasn't good enough and virgin should recall the phones until the "glitch" is sorted he said virgin wont recall the phones and that they are virgins best sellers

This is so wrong, have been told on the sony forums that it is to do with 4g and the fact virgin dont have it yet

juliex
Old 06-10-2014, 20:23   #5
dezrad
Inactive

dezrad is an unknown quantity at this point

is this still an issue with experia m2 i have just got one and wonder if this is why im not receiving texts or sending texts
dezrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 00:31   #6
candy1567
Inactive

yes it is still very much an issue, if you go to the virgin.mobile forum there are a lot of posts regarding this, also with the xperia z and the samsung s5

was told by a virgin tech that there is a workaround, if you go into mobile networks and put it on gsm then u will be able to use wifi and recieve calls and texts.

I actually swapped it for another phone as i was within the 14day cooling off period and am glad i did, as this is still a problem weeks down the line, someone has been waiting since april for a fix.

My problem with using the work around is why should i pay full price each month for a half working phone, if i wanted to use the gsm network then i wouldn't pay a hefty price each month for a decent phone, i would use a very old one!!!!!

Juliex