Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Such inept customer service

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Such inept customer service

Old 16-06-2014, 15:14   #1
Argy1
Inactive

Argy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Such inept customer service

My grown-up son currently has a PAYG mobile with VM and wants to do monthly Sim only. He applied in April on-line and came back as failed credit check due to DOB incorrect? Spoke to VM customer services who tried again to credit check and failed. Contacted Virgin Mobile underwriters who said was all fine now and he should apply again, tried again this time over phone and it failed again. My son has given permission for CS to talk to my wife about his account (on his notes)

He was then advised to wait until end of May due to all the credit checks and try again...Come May he tries again, yet again and he failed credit check.His credit file is perfect, the CS advisor even stated it showed he could have the most expensive phone/contract he wanted, but he cant even get a £10 sim only and now he has ANOTHER (failed) credit check on his credit file.

The CS adviser said to wait (another) 30 days because of all the credit checks (all credit checks done by VirginMobile)

We were not happy with this as felt we were getting the run around, and sure that after waiting (another) 30 days, another application would come back with same negative result, So my wife contacted the CEO's office.

The CEO's office contacted my wife today and said that we had been mis-informed by CS and that he now has to wait 90 days because of all the credit checks (done by VM) and after that date he has to send all his information to
Virgin Mobile underwriters (no mention how/where he does this) My son has had enough and has said he can't be bothered pursuing it any further and will
just go to another mobile supplier.

We have come to the end of the line with this incompetence from VM and both my wife and myself as soon as contractually possible will be also moving from Virginmobile.

Sorry for the long rant but I needed to get this off my chest
Argy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2014, 13:41   #2
tuft
Inactive

tuft is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Such inept customer service

I have just emailed the ceo tom mockeridge who is the virgin media but I may get passed to graeme oxby.

I was told that whilst they gave wrong information at customer service and for 11 months we had to pay for a continuous contract on two dangerous blackberry phones # it's our problem!

Thank you Haroon at customer complants in Manchester - but.I will continue to say if you believe you are right then you probably are!

It's too late as we have paid.them because poor attitude and customer service getting it wrong has caused me too much money and stress.

I have asked the ceo to take responsibility and will update my post.

I have given up belief in justice or honour so let's just say how it is

S x
tuft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 10:16   #3
whenthecatsaway
Inactive

Services: Virgin TiVo, V+, Superhub 2
whenthecatsaway is an unknown quantity at this point

@Argy1 Sorry you've had a crap time but 90 days is correct not the 30 days.
whenthecatsaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 15:27   #4
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Not sure if they have an ISO in place, if so this seems to fail the standard.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote