Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ntl bottom in USwitch poll.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

ntl bottom in USwitch poll.

Old 05-05-2006, 17:44   #16
jtwn
Inactive

jtwn has reached the bronze age
jtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze age
Re: ntl bottom in USwitch poll.

Er, what are you going on about?
jtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2006, 18:15   #17
IanUK
Inactive

IanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really nice

I personally have had many problem with NTL and would say that my experience of the normal end of customer service has been dire, on more than one occasion, but I can understand that maybe I'm unlucky

Perhaps a better way to look at this survey result would be to ask:

Have there been any surveys where NTL hasn't come in the bottom 3 ?
IanUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 18:59   #18
UncleBooBoo

It is beyond me that when a company like NTL become bottom in a poll like this people always defend them with comments like "Only people who have had problems will vote etc... because of a chip on their shoulder" or only something like 0.5% people actually voted so it don't count. BLA BLA BLA

But yet when a company like NTL wins an award for best ISP for example then Yipeeeeeee, All of a sudden it is fair and ohhhh so true, it is obvious to me that people will comment on and vote for a good ISP as will people complain and vote for the poorest! otherwise companies like NTL would not win awards either!
Old 05-05-2006, 21:05   #19
kibblerok
Inactive

Services: V+ HD, 20mb
kibblerok is an unknown quantity at this point

They could certainly sort out a lot of the problems by bringing BB tech support back to this country and in house.

The same could be said for their installation engineers.
kibblerok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 22:14   #20
Rik
cf.mega poster

Services: 1Gbps Broadband
Rik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil

1) BS from CS Reps.

2) "Engineers" not turning up.

3) Promised callbacks not happening.

4) Billing wrong.

5) Lack of "Manager" to escalate issue to.

6) Lack of empathy from CS/Tech Support.

7) Telephone ping pong.

It really is still poor, & ntl only have themselves to blame.

I just hope Sir Richard Branson knows what he has let himself in for.
Ive been with NTL for 3 years now on top broadband package, and am a VERY satisfied customer!

Well done NTL keep up the good work.

Strange about that survey tho, when BT have been coming top or there abouts on most others??? strange very strange, not sure how much we can trust the findings with NTL either tbh.

Only thing that can make me happier is for NTL to introduce 100Meg
Rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 22:18   #21
UncleBooBoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik
Ive been with NTL for 3 years now on top broadband package, and am a VERY satisfied customer!

Well done NTL keep up the good work.

Strange about that survey tho, when BT have been coming top or there abouts on most others??? strange very strange, not sure how much we can trust the findings with NTL either tbh.

Only thing that can make me happier is for NTL to introduce 100Meg
Well speak for yourself because I have experienced everything in Neils post!
Old 05-05-2006, 22:39   #22
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanUK
Have there been any surveys where NTL hasn't come in the bottom 3 ?
Well, yes, actually:
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=808

spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 23:27   #23
James Henry
Permanently Banned

James Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant
That doesn't look like a survey to me, looks more like a 'who answered the phone fastest' competition. No record of what happened when they got through. The reactions of a lot of the people on the thread was amusing too, have to admit I've never gotten through in under 5 minutes.

This is the same company that had an IVR hacked by an irate punter after he'd been sat on hold for nearly an hour just trying to actually buy something from them...

LOL @ this part though:

Quote:
They answerd the phone in the 2nd fastest time, sky were the fastest but charged 8ppm and had no hold music so only got 4 stars.
Honestly charging that amount for customer service. Who would do such a thing?!?

Oh yeah....
James Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:13   #24
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Yeah, another meaninless survey to keep the knockers happy

Me - still quite happy with my service.

(Just remember, this was a poll by uswitch, a site people visit when they are unhappy with their current supplier, hardly an unbiased view - a bit like doing a poll here really).

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:26   #25
James Henry
Permanently Banned

James Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M
Yeah, another meaninless survey to keep the knockers happy

Me - still quite happy with my service.

(Just remember, this was a poll by uswitch, a site people visit when they are unhappy with their current supplier, hardly an unbiased view - a bit like doing a poll here really).
Well if your service is fine all must be brilliant I guess

This was a poll by YouGov for U-Switch, not by U-Switch itself.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:29   #26
Bill C

So the out come is that U-Switch will now

A. Receive loads of hits on there site,
B. Some will then use there service to move to another supplier

C. U-Switch makes loads of money on transfer commissions

So well done U-Switch for yet another way to increase your site hits and usage.

---------- Post added at 07:29 ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Henry
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlimited
Not looked at it yet but me wonders how low down ukonline are in the poll
Probably slightly above last End of day it was the usual tactic from ntl that got you to stay wasn't it sir? Get the discounts out as the promised upgrade to fix your area had slipped by a month.

---------- Post added at 16:22 ---------- Previous post was at 16:21 ----------
Btw the upgrade to my area was done.

Sat, 06 May 2006 06:27:06 GMT
1st 128K took 94 ms = 1394383 Bytes/sec = approx 11601 kbits/sec
2nd 128K took 109 ms = 1202495 Bytes/sec = approx 10005 kbits/sec
3rd 128K took 110 ms = 1191564 Bytes/sec = approx 9914 kbits/sec
4th 128K took 109 ms = 1202495 Bytes/sec = approx 10005 kbits/sec

These results appear to be rather fast: maybe this page was in the browser cache.

To repeat this test from the source server click here.

I am still moving to BE Unlimited in August.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:36   #27
James Henry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlimited
So the out come is that U-Switch will now

A. Receive loads of hits on there site,
B. Some will then use there service to move to another supplier

C. U-Switch makes loads of money on transfer commissions

So well done U-Switch for yet another way to increase your site hits and usage.

Heh. I look forward to seeing the actual results themselves actually. While we know who came last I'll be interested to see just how and why.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:57   #28
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Well if your service is fine all must be brilliant I guess
Yes, of course, that'll be exactly what I said.

Quote:
This was a poll by YouGov for U-Switch, not by U-Switch itself.
Right, I'm sure that makes all the difference

Silly me, I forgot, because this poll says so, ntl are the pits and everyone with them is dis-satisfied

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:54   #29
James Henry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M
Yes, of course, that'll be exactly what I said.
It's what you imply. You are happy and your service is fine, the survey is meaningless. Therefore you are basing your opinion that the survey is meaningless on, I guess your service being fine, seeing as you presented no other explanation.

Quote:
Right, I'm sure that makes all the difference
Until we know the exact methodology you're being prematurely dismissive. I'd quite like to see the methodology of it all though. Seems strange that ntl make a habit of finishing bottom in these surveys, doesn't it?

Quote:
Silly me, I forgot, because this poll says so, ntl are the pits and everyone with them is dis-satisfied
Ah sarcasm, always a good refuge when you don't actually have anything to back up what you are saying.

I look forward to seeing the exact methodology and results from this poll. Will be interesting and any bias is usually fairly easy to spot from such things. Personally I can't see why they'd pick on ntl and it can't be purely down to size of ISP else one much smaller than Plusnet would have won.

Perhaps you'd care to take a minute to check YouGov out, they appear fairly good at what they do, and starting to throw around blatantly biased polls wouldn't really help their reputation with regard to their core business: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouGov

That withstanding I am, as always, happy to be proven wrong if it ends up being obvious that this was rigged to gain U-Switch revenue. Either way just doing and releasing the results of the poll would have drawn visitors to their site and therefore gained them revenue so why the need to rig it?

I've little doubt that U-Switch aren't whiter than white. They are after all a profit making business and not a charity. I'm just suggesting that when a company keeps managing to come last in polls and surveys and ends up on Britain's most watched consumer show due to the poor quality of the service it provides there might just be some basis in fact there, just maybe.

My turn to be sarcastic:
Wonder if this poll included Telewest seperately, seeing as Telewest finish significantly higher in these things that ntl usually. Seeing as there's obviously this huge conspiracy to paint ntl as being bad it must extend to Telewest and cable in general as well, surely.
Old 06-05-2006, 13:32   #30
jtwn
Inactive

jtwn has reached the bronze age
jtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze age

...bitter Thats what I think a couple are who have had a bit of a raw experience with ntl. The way some of you go, you make out they are the worst thing since unsliced bread.

So Plusnet comes on top? ....this is the ISP that cuts people off for bad mouthing its service no? No wonder theres few to bad mouth it! (well according to that survery ) So if we are going by that survey their customer service is better than average, what does that matter when the product is crap.
jtwn is offline   Reply With Quote