Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | June Price Rises?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

June Price Rises?

Old 05-04-2006, 16:16   #46
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Re: June Price Rises?

They really do want their customers to switch supplier don't they.

£11 for a phone service that's now far inferior to most of the other products* on the market both price and feature wise! Oops.

*it's bowled over by freetalks product, £80 for the year including line rental and all local and national calls. Ideal for those with just BB and phone with Ntl, it'd cost you £276 for the same package with Ntl and Ntl doesn't even offer caller ID in most places!
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2006, 16:24   #47
thelem
cf.addict

Services: Portsmouth: ntl Family, 2Mbps and Talk Unlimited Bristol: Telewest Supreme, 4Mbps and Talk Unlimite
thelem is on a distinguished roadthelem is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to thelem Send a message via AIM to thelem Send a message via Yahoo to thelem

So basically, phone up by 50p, base TV up by 50p, and several minority services up by significant percentages to encourage migration or bring them into line with other services. Doesn't sound too bad.

A customer taking just family pack tv and the standard phone line will pay 50p more than previously (£30 -> £30.50) , thats a 1.6% increase which is below inflation.

A customer taking just base pack tv will pay £1 more (£21.50 -> £22.50) , a 4.6% increase. However, in the past year several channels have been added to the base pack, and a cheaper select pack launched.

I don't like how they've listed the talk unlimited packages though. They say that the cost of all of them is either held or reduced, however line rental is increasing and that isn't taken into account.
thelem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 17:49   #48
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Analogue up by £2 to try and move people onto digital platform oooooooops they need to upgrade ifnrastructure first. Phoneline rise is a joke. I may actually cancel phone now even tho they will probably make it diffilcult.

Does anyone here have just tv and bb with ntl no phone?
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 18:43   #49
SLM
Inactive

SLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
They really do want their customers to switch supplier don't they.

£11 for a phone service that's now far inferior to most of the other products* on the market both price and feature wise! Oops.

*it's bowled over by freetalks product, £80 for the year including line rental and all local and national calls. Ideal for those with just BB and phone with Ntl, it'd cost you £276 for the same package with Ntl and Ntl doesn't even offer caller ID in most places!
The way I read this is you are going to be paying more......

You require a BT land line £11 + the £80 for the VoiP + a BB connection (bt BB £17.99 pm)= £428

So how many people will change to this, not very many I can tell you. So ntl may not have caller display but you are paying an extra £150:Yi kes: for the option.
SLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 18:59   #50
welwynrose
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP Package
welwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about them

I just wish they'd do something about the charge for the 2nd set top box - I've had mine for about 10 years now and I must of paid for it again & again & again
welwynrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 19:03   #51
SLM
Inactive

SLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by welwynrose
I just wish they'd do something about the charge for the 2nd set top box - I've had mine for about 10 years now and I must of paid for it again & again & again
In a way its not really the box you pay for but the channels.
Old 05-04-2006, 19:07   #52
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLM
The way I read this is you are going to be paying more......

You require a BT land line £11 + the £80 for the VoiP + a BB connection (bt BB £17.99 pm)= £428
No you don't, all you need is a Broadband connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLM
So how many people will change to this, not very many I can tell you. So ntl may not have caller display but you are paying an extra £150:Yi kes: for the option.
Quite a few that don't want ntl's inferior telephone service I would suspect.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 19:26   #53
SLM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
No you don't, all you need is a Broadband connection.

Quite a few that don't want ntl's inferior telephone service I would suspect.
OK then Neil knock off £132 for not having a phone line, you still going to be paying more for in effect caller display. And re the people that would not want the telephone service I think you are wrong there.
Old 05-04-2006, 21:51   #54
Frank
cf.mega poster

Services: Beanfield 50/50 FTTH and iPTV
Frank has a golden auraFrank has a golden auraFrank has a golden auraFrank has a golden aura
Frank has a golden auraFrank has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelem
I don't like how they've listed the talk unlimited packages though. They say that the cost of all of them is either held or reduced, however line rental is increasing and that isn't taken into account.
Don't forget the small print: From 01 June International Call Plan will include reduced rates to all international landline and mobile numbers. International Call Plan will no longer be included in Talk Unlimited and Talk Unlimited 24. Talk Unlimited Local and 5p Talk Plan international call rates to USA and Ireland will change to our standard international rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
ADDITIONAL phone lines only...

Just cancel the phone service and get VoIP over the Cable Modem - I've been using it for nearly a year now no problem at all.
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 22:10   #55
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

I wonder if the prices of the valuepacks will stay the same....
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 22:12   #56
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Frank so its possible to simply cancel the phone and keep tv/broadband?

does voip work badly if their is heavy contention at the isp?
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 22:16   #57
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis

Remember Frank isn't using a UK cable provider...

With ntl you cannot have tv without a phoneline.
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 22:17   #58
King Of Fools
Inactive

Services: 2 for £22 (Broadband Size: M and Phone Size: M), Free TV Size: M and fries!
King Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis

No, you have to pay for a phoneline if you have TV.
You do not have to have a phoneline with broadband, however.
King Of Fools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 22:19   #59
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLM
OK then Neil knock off £132 for not having a phone line, you still going to be paying more for in effect caller display. And re the people that would not want the telephone service I think you are wrong there.
That Freecalls or Freetalk (whatever it's called) is £80.00 per year-no more/no less.....

You don't need a phone line (BT or otherwise) just your BB connection & away you go.

Annual costs + Freetalk cost of £80.00 & away you go.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 22:27   #60
SLM
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
That Freecalls or Freetalk (whatever it's called) is £80.00 per year-no more/no less.....

You don't need a phone line (BT or otherwise) just your BB connection & away you go.

Annual costs + Freetalk cost of £80.00 & away you go.
I understand that Neil but you still require a BB conection which in turn adds up to £132 + £80 = £212, so I think it just swings and round-abouts.