Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | June Price Rises?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

having a laff

Old 09-07-2006, 10:27   #1
claret
Inactive

claret is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down having a laff

Well, the time is nearly here when i finally cut the umblical cord and get out of the clutches of NTL, but now they are having a laff with the bills - not that i am surprised

When i cancelled i asked if i should now cancel my Direct Debits and "NTL" said yes no problem, since then they are sending direct debit requests, for a months payent on my broadband, which actually runs up to cancellation date - they even threatened £10 late fee payment if its not paid by the required date)even though they cant take it out of my account coz THEY told me too cancel), i then get my bill for cable/phone etc....now this is where they are taking the mickey....

£53 for cable and phone(NTL told me too pay for just 13 days worth)
£4 - for non direct debit payment(this, they will not be getting as THEY told me too cancel)
£10+ for phone calls - too them, waiting on the phone for 30 mins at a time. i am lucky if i use the phone normally once or twice a week(at 5p a time)

So if they want to be cheeky like that this is what will happen:

I will pay the following by cheque:

£22.96 - for 13 days cable
£10+ for phone calls

Nothing else, as i think there communication between diff departments is shocking, they keep saying its sorted and we have made a note on your account and nothing.
I shall also put a letter in explaining what i am paying, but no doubt this will get mislaid.

Goodbye NTL, and looking back, i wish i had stayed with BT
claret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2006, 10:49   #2
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: having a laff

You have to give a months notice so you should be paying up to your cancellation point. As to cancelling your DD, you shouldn't have done that till the final payment was taken otherwise how was NTL going to take the payment? Why do you think you should only be paying 13 days cable?
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:21   #3
claret
Inactive

claret is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: having a laff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
You have to give a months notice so you should be paying up to your cancellation point. As to cancelling your DD, you shouldn't have done that till the final payment was taken otherwise how was NTL going to take the payment? Why do you think you should only be paying 13 days cable?
Because i will only get 13 days of service..ie disconnect 26th, bill from 13th
claret is offline   Reply With Quote