Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of NTL CS has been:
I've never had any trouble from them 153 16.85%
Generally OK, occasional hassle 206 22.69%
Very hit'n' miss, about 50/50 174 19.16%
They normally mess it up 163 17.95%
Completely awful, every day of the week 212 23.35%
Voters: 908. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 22-06-2006, 16:34   #751
Argster
Inactive

Argster is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb
to the forum I do hope you have better luck with BT
Thank you for your instant and warm welcome. I just got so upset that I made up that site http://www.promo-land.co.uk/ntl/index.htm and "threatened" them to launch it just 20 mins ago until they issue an apology.
I really got annoyed this time..

---------- Post added at 16:34 ---------- Previous post was at 16:32 ----------

...which I'm not sure it will materialise, but I'll see what their approach will be like!
Advertisement
Old 22-06-2006, 16:37   #752
chrisjones
Inactive

Services: 100mb BB TiVo 500gb TV L Phone - Evening / Weekends
chrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to chrisjones Send a message via MSN to chrisjones Send a message via Yahoo to chrisjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argster
Thank you for your instant and warm welcome. I just got so upset that I made up that site http://www.promo-land.co.uk/ntl/index.htm and "threatened" them to launch it just 20 mins ago until they issue an apology.
I really got annoyed this time..

---------- Post added at 16:34 ---------- Previous post was at 16:32 ----------

...which I'm not sure it will materialise, but I'll see what their approach will be like!
Awsome site - kicks ass! haha brilliant that made my day.

lol im grumpy as it seems everyone else except me has had thier 4mb upgrade... yeah im a moaner, but I dont care, you here me Arrrrghh..
Old 22-06-2006, 16:39   #753
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjones
Awsome site - kicks ass! haha brilliant that made my day.

lol im grumpy as it seems everyone else except me has had thier 4mb upgrade... yeah im a moaner, but I dont care, you here me Arrrrghh..
You're not alone - here in Leeds we are still waiting (breathe deeply, hold, and..............exhale)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 23-06-2006, 09:34   #754
Argster
Inactive

Well, as long as I had to stay with NTL I did nothing else by swallowing my pride...

The sh*t hit the fan yesterday though and I arranged for a BT installation. Now I will make this site up, wait, SEO, add solicitors on, wait, SEO, add solicitors on, wait and then make a few more sites like these...

I should get a threatening letter from them, which in turn, I will get to ignore
Old 23-06-2006, 23:10   #755
jc_150
Inactive

Services: Cable TV, 20M cable Modem connection
jc_150 is on a distinguished roadjc_150 is on a distinguished road

Hi all in the forum
This is a personal log of events that happend on Friday 22nd June2006. Have been away and switched off the cable box. On returning on 21st June late at night I noticed when viewing TV pictures that all standard channels were there but not my subscribed channels. Phoned customer services at 8:05 Friday morning and got through to a "real voice" after going through all the option menus by 8:10 (l this was timed as I knew I was going to post here). Answered loads of security questions as I didnt have my account number to hand. No problem. Explained my problem and they sent down some signals to try and solve the problem. This took some 4 minutes or so. This did not work after a re boot of the system. Was told to keep the box on as they would then send "Long signals" that may take over 2 hours to activate. Was setting system to stay on whilst at work and no one at home, then the system burst into life and problem solved. The lady on the phone then told me that my broadband has now been activated to receive the 4 meg service and would i like to be included on a free trial for a 10 meg service which i of course jumped at. Alas I am getting only about 6 meg on a good day through a Terayon 210 external modem whiich they say will receive 10 meg, but I have my doubts. If I dont get a 10 meg service then ther is no point in upgrading when the trial period is up, but at leas I will know that I can get 4 meg easy enough. So is anyone getting 10 meg on this type of modem? but generally impresed with the customer service, even though it gets up my goat to have to pay for the phone call.
regards
John Calleja
Old 24-06-2006, 10:59   #756
Doofy
Inactive

Doofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation era

Where do i start? Transfered my services to a new property took them forever to even acknowledge i had moved. The day came to transfer they gave me a new phone number which i didnt askk for they dropped my modem to a 1meg from 10 meg and completely ballsed it up. Rang CS and technical support had my modem upped back to 10 meg all sorted or so i thought. recievd a bill for being upgraded to 10 meg WTF? i also got billed in advance for having my services transfered, despite Transfer department telling me that i would not be billed in advance!!!!!! Hence the 3 figure bill from NTL who when i rang them couldnt give a toss and promptly told me to pay 2 months line rental, 2 months cable modem plus the upgrade fee from going from 1 meg to 10 meg which wasn't my fault. Absolutely ****** atrocious diabolical CS blatantly lying and i do mean blatantly lying courtesy of NTLs useless CS department. I am still receiving bills for the prevoius occupants despite me informing them they are no loger here (seperate thread) i have now been threatened with a collection agency calling at my house for bills that simply are not mine, this is causing me untold stress and time to try and sort so solicitors monday morning which i have to pay for........
Old 24-06-2006, 22:06   #757
tonecold
Inactive

Services: NTL 1MB BB, Freeview
tonecold is an unknown quantity at this point

I was told it would be free to transfer my account to another address, and always will be. They also failed to acknowledge that I had moved and still phoned my previous address today, even though they now tell me I've been disconnected in writing... only 9 months late then.
Old 25-06-2006, 21:23   #758
wurzel
Inactive

Services: digital tv,1meg broadband.
wurzel is an unknown quantity at this point

i have been with firstly nynex,then c and w,and now ntl,. since 1992,when cable came to our street.any issues arising with service have been sorted
quickly by customer services or technical assistance,including a guy in india
who talked me thru the process of restoring my broadband connection earlier
this year.for my sins i am not an ntl employee, but work a small corner of what is left of our general engineering industry.
Old 25-06-2006, 22:53   #759
matty0001
Inactive

matty0001 is an unknown quantity at this point

hehe, i'm not alone then.

Apart from NTL's "outsourced" customer service, choppy TV my main gripe is their broadband.

Customer services claims a DNS outage. I've been experiencing problems for months now, a very long outage I think you will agree.

google.com is currently pinging at an average of 350ms. My current download speeds are less than half a meg (i'm on 2 meg).

I installed a satellite system at a company recently that has similar pings. The sustained download speed is 1 meg.

Well done NTL, you have the same latency and worse download speeds than a system that has a round trip of 60,000km from space. NTL are a total waste of time. Gonna ring SKY and BT on monday and get a decent service. Just wish I never phoned nynex all those years ago..............
Old 26-06-2006, 10:00   #760
Argster
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty0001
Gonna ring SKY and BT on monday and get a decent service.
you better do that mate. Υοu may not get a significantly better service but at least you'd say that you did what you could.
Old 28-06-2006, 00:24   #761
tonecold
Inactive

Services: NTL 1MB BB, Freeview
tonecold is an unknown quantity at this point

I emailed using the TELL US WHAT YOU THINK on the website and told them about the problem I'm having where it seems I need to keep rebooting my modem. They actually got back to me and asked some questions which weren't level 1 diagnostic stuff. I told them I'd already ruled out my router by having the modem connected directly to a PC, and ruled out the computer as it's happening on 3 or 4 different machines. I hope to get some good reply, as they appear to have ruled out the line itself by telling me I was online regularly, while this is true I had to keep rebooting my modem to get online at times.
Old 28-06-2006, 22:24   #762
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

I'm back, and Im BAD baby

Just re-connected to ntl, moved to an area that can get it again, yey, but had a few niggles along the way, heres my story:

Basically, 2 days ago, gave ntl a ring, asked for a decent package (Phone, tv, interweb), and got a 4Meg/Basic TV and internet deal, good so far, they said, that they would get an engineer in the next day (Yes, thats what I thought), good so far.

On tuesday, (We were in the process to moving to Rushden), we passed an ntl engineer's van in Rushden, curious, we stopped and had a chat, turned out, we weren't on the list for the day! Furious, I called ntl CS, who were fantastic, put us through to installations, who organised the engineer, came an hour later (Was the one we stopped, heh).

After install, we went to do the broadband set-up, and noticing we didnt get a PIN code, rang Tech support, we got it, easy street, we thought, went to install (Getting late by now, in-between moving and all), and the CD (Tried autoreg, didnt have the 11Char code at that time), gave us ERROR:207, said ring CS, they werent open, so we rang tech support (IBM India answered), said it was a CS thing, fair enough I thought, the install did say this.

Anyway, called CS, and basically this is where the problem began, I asked for the Serial for autoreg, then about error 207, he said its a tech support thing (!), when I asked him why the CD told me different, he wouldnt answer, when I asked why Tech support told me otherwise, he wouldnt answer, when I said that one of you were lying, he flat out called Tech support the liar (Nice to see coherancy, and all-for-one attitudes there then), but I wasnt happy, I asked for his name (Standard practice, I work in Customer support, Ok, not for ntl, but hey, but I am regularly asked for my name, and I give it, as I also ask for the customers name, creates trust, and accountability), he refused, I asked for a supervisor or manager, he refused TWICE, before saying he'll get someone to call back, they havent.

Thankfully, the autoreg went through at the time, without a hitch, and im now on ntl 4meg, however, i'm still distresse to find that there is STILL a lot of commincation issues within ntl, and also, a lack of willingness to go the extra mile, the guy on CS seemed intent on doing as little as possible, and frankly, it wasnt good enough, he could, and should, have put me on hold, and gave TS a kick up the bum for me, if indeed it was their issue, rather than doing nothing, the only downer on a decent installation.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:18   #763
ofirgal

My experiences are logged at http://nthell.net

NTL is by far the worst ISP I have ever dealt with. Here's a partial list of ISPs I work with:

Easynet
Demon
BT
Be
NTL
Telewest
Zen
Bulldog
Eclipse
Pipex

Old 03-07-2006, 15:05   #764
idar21
Inactive

idar21 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree,
I just signed in about 2 months now.
I changed my flat after 1 month and my transfer hasn't happened yet. They r just delaying it. Each time they give me time and then no engineer turns up.....................
I have no words to say about there telephone support. ITS AWFUL ...
had to wait 1 hour 25 mins in the home movers que twice.....
i can only cry now for the rest of the contract...........
Old 03-07-2006, 15:27   #765
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

idar21, to Cableforum.

If you PM me (click the "SendPM" button at the bottom left of this post) your Name, Account Number and a contact phone number, I can refer this to the site's contacts within NTL. They should be able to investigate what has happened, and if necessary, get something done.
Closed Thread