Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of NTL CS has been:
I've never had any trouble from them 153 16.85%
Generally OK, occasional hassle 206 22.69%
Very hit'n' miss, about 50/50 174 19.16%
They normally mess it up 163 17.95%
Completely awful, every day of the week 212 23.35%
Voters: 908. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 20:56   #16
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Re: NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

In 7 years of having the cable service, both analogue and digital, I think I've only had 3 problems since I got it installed, a problem each for Nynex, CWC and NTL. Out of the 3, the worst cs had to be when it was Nynex and that was their fault for mucking me about when installing the cable in the first place. The other two were sorted out no problem.

I'm not an employee of ntl, though people do tend to call me pinnochio for some reason...
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2003, 22:46   #17
Chimaera
cf.mega poster

Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star

Well.......
1. ntl LIED to me about caller id being available in my area (they said it was when I asked before signing up - and when my phone was installed it became apparent it was not)
2. They could not explain my phone bill to me (basically I was not being given the discount I had signed up for as a bb/phone customer) and it took a few calls for them to admit they were wrong and to refund the money
However..............
1. Whenever I have had a computer problem CS have sorted it for me immediately (even when it was me being a thick first time user and not really their job to help me)
2. When I requested the call minder service to be activated it took 20 minutes instead of the quoted 48 hours
3. When I had bb installed the engineers sorted out all the software and ensured it was up and running before they left - which they did not do for my friends (don't know if that is the norm or not!)
So all in all - I'd say they seem to be improving!
Old 05-11-2003, 22:50   #18
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Must add that I never received the "FREE" headphones I was promised for signing up to TU24 several months ago.
Old 05-11-2003, 23:17   #19
Helpy Person
Inactive

Helpy Person is an unknown quantity at this point

Only really had 1 problem...

Wanted to downgrade the CM and take the Movie channels off , Got through to an Agent who put me on hold to do it ( I really HATE that , I never put my Customers on hold to so something unless I have to call a level2 or dial another number to speak to someone , I prefer to just have a bit of chit chat and let them know what is going on ) , After being on hold for a good 10 mins I hung up and tried again ...

Got through to another Agent , explained that I had called before and asked her NOT to put me on hold ... " ok " 1 min later HOLD !

Got fed up of being on hold and re-dialled a 3rd time and finally got through to a nice chap who sorted it out for me

I work in Tech Support
Old 06-11-2003, 11:09   #20
tabatha
Inactive

tabatha is a name known to alltabatha is a name known to alltabatha is a name known to alltabatha is a name known to alltabatha is a name known to alltabatha is a name known to alltabatha is a name known to alltabatha is a name known to all

hi...
2yrs fone/analogue tv.
8mths digi tv.
8mths bbcm.
2 equipment probs..both sorted v/quickly.
Brighton support the tops...now retired...never worked for NTL...
Old 06-11-2003, 11:28   #21
Enterian
Inactive

Enterian is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom
Must add that I never received the "FREE" headphones I was promised for signing up to TU24 several months ago.
Seems par for the course - I never got the free webcam I was promised for getting broadband a year ago.

Rang CS about it twice both times they said I would be getting it - needless to say, I got nothing.
Old 06-11-2003, 13:38   #22
preacher
Inactive

preacher is an unknown quantity at this point

Was BT...changed to Ntl.....asked to retain my telephone number - they said ok.

Gave me temporary new number in meantime...after 2 weeks still not changed.

Called them - will be changed in 24 hours....never happened!

Called again - sorry but your number has been assigned to someone else - asked them to try and get it back - they cannot do this.

So I had an old ntl number and repeatedly received calls from people asking for a Mrs Gilbert.....pratically every day!

Finally moved to a new address - once again asked to retain number- given temp one.

2 weeks later....no change so called them - has been assigned to a new cmr. Complained like a mad bunny advising of previous instance of this - they managed to get the number back in exchange for free access for the other cmr.

So now all is rosey and we wont go into all the billing issues I have had
Old 06-11-2003, 14:26   #23
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

So, to sum up ... almost 78% of those who have voted so far say NTL CS is either no trouble or generally OK. I don't recognise any of the 'no trouble' names as overt NTL staff, while UDT and Orangebird actually agree on the '50/50' shot. Stranger things have happened, I s'pose.

So is NTL Customer Services actually somewhat better than we generally give it credit for?
Old 10-11-2003, 00:56   #24
georgepomone
Inactive

Services: Tivo. VIP 120 Pack.
georgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by towny
So, to sum up ... almost 78% of those who have voted so far say NTL CS is either no trouble or generally OK. I don't recognise any of the 'no trouble' names as overt NTL staff, while UDT and Orangebird actually agree on the '50/50' shot. Stranger things have happened, I s'pose.

So is NTL Customer Services actually somewhat better than we generally give it credit for?
Hi All,
I suppose a lot of us are having to go through a re-education process because of treatment we have had in the past,myself included.There is a definate improvement.I hope it continues.Both staff and customers were on a collision course that had to be reversed.I can remember times when I was actually baited into losing my temper.I don't fall for this any more.I have to say it is getting to be a differant experience when you ring with a problem.I think a few of us have been surprised that we are being answered a lot quicker than in previous times.I hope it continues both for the health of the staff who must have gone through hell at times as well as the customers.
Just a word about some of the staff who lost their jobs through no fault of their own.My heart goes out to you.I've been around a few years and have seen this situation happen in other companies.When resources have been taken down so far you just can't do your job as you would like and it is a terrible state of affairs to get into.The blame for this is at the very top.Of course there is nobody higher than they are to do anything about it.Hence the state ntl got into and they are not on their own in this.
I hope for the sake of staff and customers things are now on the up.
George.
Old 10-11-2003, 01:26   #25
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I'm just curious to know why those who voted "Completely awful, every day of the week" actually ring them everyday of the week to know this.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 10-11-2003, 09:58   #26
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by pem
I'm just curious to know why those who voted "Completely awful, every day of the week" actually ring them everyday of the week to know this.
rofl ... funny, when I created the poll I never thought of it meaning literally that! Actually it was inspired by a line from Stargate SG-1 by Major Sam Carter that has always stuck in my head: "Maybourne, do you have to be an idiot every day of the week?!"
Old 10-11-2003, 10:40   #27
chambece
Inactive

chambece is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to chambece

I've had no problems with them really - a few problems setting up a direct debit that still isn't resolved, but they've always been helpful and curteous.

I have had a cople of problems with the TV, occasionally it locks up, and just says STOP on it, without any particular reason, but a reboot cures it and it doesn;t happen every day. I've only had to get a engineer out once, when the return path wasn't enabled for the STB or something, but I can't remember why that actually was - I don't think interactive was working or something, but we don't use that now

However, on the few occasions I've had to ring CM/BB broadband support, the service hasn't been as good, but that's because there's been problems! I don't usually ring them too often - I find out stuff on here and .com, but I suppose that's the nature of tech support! It's usally been sorted, well appart from DNS and email probs, but there you go....

And I don't work for NTL....
Old 10-11-2003, 13:24   #28
Colin

Got BB and 1 phone, had DTV but dumped it when i left NTL. Only had a couple of problems with BB, but that was to do with all the bugs going round so cant blame NTL for that as i knew what they were doing to try and help.

No longer an employee

Old 10-11-2003, 22:07   #29
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Well I got the little magazine in with my bill today - it says they were nominated for a "prestigeous Customer Service Award" and they are delighted to say that they won their category ......

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 10-11-2003, 22:08   #30
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pem
Well I got the little magazine in with my bill today - it says they were nominated for a "prestigeous Customer Service Award" and they are delighted to say that they won their category ......
Dare I ask what category?

*inspiration for a new thread...

EDIT: No sooner said than done: http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showt...8279#post78279
Closed Thread