Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | *ALL* ntl Cap Discussion Here Please. (Part 2)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

*ALL* ntl Cap Discussion Here Please. (Part 2)
Closed Thread

Old 21-04-2005, 11:31   #221
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
Re: *ALL* ntl Cap Discussion Here Please. (Part 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Jedi
Well forever is a very long time. I have not been around that long nor has anyone else to my Knowledge. If NTL was fed up with me now. I would no longer be with them.

Why do people justify paying more money to companys. Especially when they don't work for the company and they don't get anything out of it. It won't help you keep your job. Everyone is replaceable. It's no wonder there's poverty and debt in this country. It's about time to grow up people
That must be the most amusing post I have read in a long time on here....

So, by you paying less and taking more, that'll get rid of poverty will it?

And grow up? I suggest you pratice exactly what you preach.
Advertisement
Old 21-04-2005, 11:46   #222
Monster Jedi
Permanently Banned

Monster Jedi is a name known to allMonster Jedi is a name known to allMonster Jedi is a name known to allMonster Jedi is a name known to allMonster Jedi is a name known to allMonster Jedi is a name known to allMonster Jedi is a name known to allMonster Jedi is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebird
That must be the most amusing post I have read in a long time on here....

So, by you paying less and taking more, that'll get rid of poverty will it?

And grow up? I suggest you pratice exactly what you preach.
The poverty bit is about how high it is in this country to live here. Why should you have pay for something that was free before??. And as for the bit. heres one for just for you
Old 21-04-2005, 11:46   #223
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Why do people justify paying more money to companys. Especially when they don't work for the company and they don't get anything out of it. It won't help you keep your job. Everyone is replaceable. It's no wonder there's poverty and debt in this country. It's about time to grow up people
Who has justified paying more to NTL? I personally wouldn't go around saying "I'm not paying enough for my broadband! I demand to pay more". I may wonder from time to time how much profit NTL are making out of me, but I certainly wouldn't complain if it's not enough.

If you are referring to the Caps, then, where I have attempted to "justify" the caps, it is simply to point out that NTL has bandwidth problems at some UBRs. As far as I can see, the Caps are an attempt to alleviate those problems without spending money on major upgrades just to keep one or two users happy (after all, NTL is a business - they will not spend £000's of pounds just to keep one or two customers that pay £34.99 a month happy). BTW, I don't defend NTL because I think that I (or anyone else I know) will gain anything from it, but if I can see why they are doing something, I will point that out.

Not sure I understand your comments about poverty. Broadband *is* expensive in this country, but TBH anyone who is really poor is unlikely to even have a PC, let alone use broadband.
Old 21-04-2005, 11:48   #224
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

Quote:
The poverty bit is about how high it is in this country to live here. Why should you have pay for something that was free before??. And as for the bit. heres one for just for you
ntl have NEVER given BB away for free. All they've done is increase you're speeds (in some cases by 300%) for FREE. And you still whinge.
Old 21-04-2005, 13:56   #225
Monster Jedi
Permanently Banned

Monster Jedi is a name known to allMonster Jedi is a name known to allMonster Jedi is a name known to allMonster Jedi is a name known to allMonster Jedi is a name known to allMonster Jedi is a name known to allMonster Jedi is a name known to allMonster Jedi is a name known to all

Not sure I understand your comments about poverty. Broadband *is* expensive in this country, but TBH anyone who is really poor is unlikely to even have a PC, let alone use broadband. Quote Scastle

What is ment by that is price hikes. Not enough money comming in. When your expendicture is more. When you can afford something then you when the price increases. I know a few people on the poverty line. i have done them a pc for there kids to be educated on nothing special. A p3 800 ect Monitor keyboard mouse ect. I charge 20 quid for the system . I buy them at car boot sales. I buy a few base units then make a decient one. It helps the kids out and keeps them off the streets. It helps towards their education. The government should be helping these families. But I'm a softie at heart.
Old 21-04-2005, 14:00   #226
ian@huth
Inactive

Services: VM 10Mb, TU, 1xSky HD, 2xSky+ (HD,all packs, sports & movies) 2xDVD PVR's, Freesat Freeview & other
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze

Quote:
Not sure I understand your comments about poverty. Broadband *is* expensive in this country, but TBH anyone who is really poor is unlikely to even have a PC, let alone use broadband. Quote Scastle

What is ment by that is price hikes. Not enough money comming in. When your expendicture is more. When you can afford something then you when the price increases. I know a few people on the poverty line. i have done them a pc for there kids to be educated on nothing special. A p3 800 ect Monitor keyboard mouse ect. I charge 20 quid for the system . I buy them at car boot sales. I buy a few base units then make a decient one. It helps the kids out and keeps them off the streets. It helps towards their education. The government should be helping these families. But I'm a softie at heart.
Good on you Monster. Hope that them having Linux on isn't a problem.
Old 21-04-2005, 15:16   #227
Monster Jedi
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian@huth
Power to da penguine
Old 21-04-2005, 15:21   #228
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian@huth
Quote:

Good man!
Old 21-04-2005, 18:58   #229
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age

sorry but i dont want to read the whole thread can someone summerise what the latest on the caps are

will it be 1gb/day on 2mb/3mbit? or will it be 30gb a month (as in you get 30gb for the month but it doesnt matter if u use 3gb somedays but only 10mb others)

also how strictly will it be enforced?
and when is it happening.
Old 21-04-2005, 21:14   #230
helios
Inactive

Services: NTL 2mbit BB
helios is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, I have been talking to an NTL person lately and according to their official internal releases, the usage cap merely drops you down to the old speed (750K/1.5mb) for the rest of the 24hr period when you go over the 1gb per day on the 2mb/3mb service, or to 300K for the rest of the month on the 1mb service if you go over 3gb
Old 21-04-2005, 21:37   #231
Ignition
Permanently Banned

Services: Depends who's being serviced :p
Ignition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronze
Ignition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by helios
ok, I have been talking to an NTL person lately and according to their official internal releases, the usage cap merely drops you down to the old speed (750K/1.5mb) for the rest of the 24hr period when you go over the 1gb per day on the 2mb/3mb service, or to 300K for the rest of the month on the 1mb service if you go over 3gb
Bullsh*t to be blunt.
Old 21-04-2005, 22:04   #232
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
wouldnt be to bad if true...
Old 22-04-2005, 08:07   #233
dirtydog
Inactive

Services: ntl 2Mb
dirtydog is an unknown quantity at this point

I see the sanctimonious cap lovers are still predominant in this thread
Old 22-04-2005, 08:13   #234
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydog
I see the sanctimonious cap lovers are still predominant in this thread

I see the sanctimonious cap haters are still predominant in this thread

Old 22-04-2005, 08:32   #235
helios
Inactive

Services: NTL 2mbit BB
helios is an unknown quantity at this point

i hate the prospect of caps BUT it may be that they are not as be as bad first thought.

If this is the case with these caps, i am gonna be a hell of a lot happier, but not as happy as if the service was uncapped.
Old 22-04-2005, 11:24   #236
Ignition
Permanently Banned

Services: Depends who's being serviced :p
Ignition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronze
Ignition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronze

Quote:
If this is the case with these caps
It isn't.
Old 22-04-2005, 11:38   #237
-=BULLDOGG=-
Inactive

-=BULLDOGG=- is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
well this dont sound too bad i will stop my moaning if this is true i can live pretty comfortably with that cheers m8
Old 22-04-2005, 11:40   #238
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=BULLDOGG=-
well this dont sound too bad i will stop my moaning if this is true i can live pretty comfortably with that cheers m8
check out Ignition's post above. Ignition is an NTL tech. He says this is completely untrue.
Old 22-04-2005, 12:26   #239
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=BULLDOGG=-
i will stop my moaning if this is true
It isn't.
Old 22-04-2005, 18:20   #240
Griffin
Inactive

Griffin is an unknown quantity at this point

Well going by the backlash that Plus net are getting from there users over changing the rules & all the complaing about caps on here it looks like ukonline
with their price cuts & still uncapped service are on to a winner. down side is its only available in small areas at present but its obvious these areas will increase. i for one will be joining them when they get to my area
Closed Thread