Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ntl outsourcing swansea tsb to IBM

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Ordering BB

Old 22-06-2004, 23:04   #1
Smilie
Inactive

Smilie is a glorious beacon of lightSmilie is a glorious beacon of lightSmilie is a glorious beacon of lightSmilie is a glorious beacon of lightSmilie is a glorious beacon of lightSmilie is a glorious beacon of lightSmilie is a glorious beacon of light
Ordering BB

My friend wants to order broadband from NTL
the thing is he doesnt speak much english so he asked me to order it for him

im thinking of just pretend to be him and order it for him through phone
but i remember they ask these questions like:
what school u 1st went to?? what was the last school u went to?? where were u born etc etc for passwords (which from all the times i called CS they never asked)
and will be hard to give as the school names wont even be english

what kinda policys does NTL sales persons have??
can i just tell them im ordering it for some1 who doesnt speak english???

or would it be better to order online???
as my friend needs to work on most days
how do i make a appointment for the engineer to come??
do they give me a email?? which would be hard to get a time which is more convienent
or do i get a phone call???

just realise the half price offer ends this month
so if some1 knows whats the best way to order please reply
Smilie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-06-2004, 23:08   #2
scrotnig
cf.mega poster

scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
Re: Ordering BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilie
My friend wants to order broadband from NTL
the thing is he doesnt speak much english so he asked me to order it for him

im thinking of just pretend to be him and order it for him through phone
but i remember they ask these questions like:
what school u 1st went to?? what was the last school u went to?? where were u born etc etc for passwords (which from all the times i called CS they never asked)
and will be hard to give as the school names wont even be english

what kinda policys does NTL sales persons have??
can i just tell them im ordering it for some1 who doesnt speak english???

or would it be better to order online???
as my friend needs to work on most days
how do i make a appointment for the engineer to come??
do they give me a email?? which would be hard to get a time which is more convienent
or do i get a phone call???

just realise the half price offer ends this month
so if some1 knows whats the best way to order please reply
I would suggest, have your friend near the phone when you call sales.

Explain the situation, they have dealt with it before. If he can speak a LITTLE English, he will be able to give his permission to the sales team for you to give his order details.

Believe me, the sales person will be keen to get the order so should go out of his way to assist.
Old 22-06-2004, 23:11   #3
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B
I would suggest, have your friend near the phone when you call sales.

Explain the situation, they have dealt with it before. If he can speak a LITTLE English, he will be able to give his permission to the sales team for you to give his order details.

Believe me, the sales person will be keen to get the order so should go out of his way to assist.
i would second this... also if he has any problems it might be easy to have your name (or another person who can help) given permission to access all of the account details apart from billing (eg email/webspace usernames/passwords etc), so you could request this at the same time- but please ask them to make the note in SABS as well... otherwise tech support will never see it

MB
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2004, 23:13   #4
scrotnig
cf.mega poster

scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybreath
i would second this... also if he has any problems it might be easy to have your name (or another person who can help) given permission to access all of the account details apart from billing (eg email/webspace usernames/passwords etc), so you could request this at the same time- but please ask them to make the note in SABS as well... otherwise tech support will never see it

MB
SABS annoys me in this regard, since there's no facility as yet for 'alert codes'.

Would an alert in Onyx do just as well?
Old 22-06-2004, 23:15   #5
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B
SABS annoys me in this regard, since there's no facility as yet for 'alert codes'.

Would an alert in Onyx do just as well?
yes it would be better but i know that not everyone in c/s or sales has access to onyx. I use the notes section in SABS for such things.
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2004, 23:22   #6
scrotnig
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybreath
yes it would be better but i know that not everyone in c/s or sales has access to onyx. I use the notes section in SABS for such things.
Yes, I'm the only person in my department with access to Onyx at all. Plus I've got a 'magic' SABS!
Old 23-06-2004, 00:05   #7
Smilie
Inactive

Smilie is a glorious beacon of lightSmilie is a glorious beacon of lightSmilie is a glorious beacon of lightSmilie is a glorious beacon of lightSmilie is a glorious beacon of lightSmilie is a glorious beacon of lightSmilie is a glorious beacon of light

thx for the quick replys guys
will be calling them withen the week
Smilie is offline   Reply With Quote