Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Petition to highlight/embarrass VM into improving the way that they treat customers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Petition to highlight/embarrass VM into improving the way that they treat customers

Old 11-11-2020, 17:46   #31
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Petition to highlight/embarrass Virgin Media into improving the way that they tre

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
lol, i doubt that's true, but if it were I don't think i've had enough problems since I've been with them to be on the naughty list
I think It's a load of rubbish too. Besides, with the enourmous amounts of people complaining about this, it couldn't possibly be the case.

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
What do you expect OFCOM to do?
Help me like they said they would. They are also going to log the apalling CS of Virgin Media that's affecting customers, especially the most vulnerable.

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrP View Post
Human nature I guess. I didn't post any favourable feedback on social media - well apart from on here and DS 😉 - after calling VM a few weeks ago to renew my contract.

This isn't a dig at you, but customers who don't receive the service they expect or demand are more likely vent their frustrations elsewhere - again human nature.

And as others have mentioned, please don't dismiss their community forum. From what I've seen they do help where they can - which includes arranging engineer visits.
Thanks, but Ofcom have said that I should now leave it with them. Also, I don't expect to be given the runaround and have to try numerous avenues just to receive a response.

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Hearing?
Physically holding the phone for so long.

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I'm sure when a network fault hits them they will get swamped with calls - but an isolated tv box fault on a normal day should give an fast reply.

The member of staff I spoke to today was still working from home - so things are still not back to normal.

Having lots of problems will not put you on the naughty step - but continual slagging them off in various forums and taking legal action might.
Are you suggesting that VM treat people less favourably because they either alert others to their incompetence or excercise their rights under the law? Do you have any evidence for this suggestion as i'd be very interested to see it.

I have only threatened them with legal action once (though an out of court settlement was reached) after the issues I suffered when they left confidential customer information for all to see on the internet:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51760510
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2020, 17:46   #32
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Petition to highlight/embarrass Virgin Media into improving the way that they tre

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I'm sure you've done this, but the obvious suggestions include putting your phone on speaker mode hands free or dialling from a PC/laptop.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 17:57   #33
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Might it be productive to contact a consumer programme such as R4's "you and yours"? They often get action when other methods fail.

youandyours@bbc.co.uk
Good idea heero, i'll bear that in mind after Ofcom get back to me

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I don't think it would work as people can just dial from a different number.

Ultimately, if a company doesn't want to supply a service to a customer then generally it doesn't have to. The exception being those with a universal service obligation like water companies.

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

Good point. Plus newspapers have similar columns too.
...or if it's because the customer is being denied service because they belong to one of the protected groups a la the gay cake incident.

I've also been sent this link by someone that others may find useful too:

https://customerserviceaction.com/co...TlRcXGyJYOq0MI

---------- Post added at 17:54 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
TBH is SKY ever blocked my number it'd be bye bye SKY, but then again i don't give them reason too i call around once every 18 months to renew contract etc.

Richard maybe try the cancellations department? Imo experience companies soon answer if they think you're leaving.
I thought of that, but i'm still in contract. Also, the complaints about not being able to get through also include cancellations/retentions!!!

If nothing is done by the end of this week it will have been a month without services, so I think I could leave due to their breach of contract, but will have to check with our legal people first.

---------- Post added at 17:57 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I'm sure you've done this, but the obvious suggestions include putting your phone on speaker mode hands free or dialling from a PC/laptop.
My phone stopped working and has gone in for repair, unfortunately the cheapo phone i've borrowed doesn't have this facility (and I use a tablet). Do you know if you can make calls from a tablet?

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 11-11-2020 at 18:01.
Old 11-11-2020, 18:29   #34
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Good idea heero, i'll bear that in mind after Ofcom get back to me

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

...or if it's because the customer is being denied service because they belong to one of the protected groups a la the gay cake incident.

I've also been sent this link by someone that others may find useful too:

https://customerserviceaction.com/co...TlRcXGyJYOq0MI

---------- Post added at 17:54 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

I thought of that, but i'm still in contract. Also, the complaints about not being able to get through also include cancellations/retentions!!!

If nothing is done by the end of this week it will have been a month without services, so I think I could leave due to their breach of contract, but will have to check with our legal people first.

---------- Post added at 17:57 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

My phone stopped working and has gone in for repair, unfortunately the cheapo phone i've borrowed doesn't have this facility (and I use a tablet). Do you know if you can make calls from a tablet?
Doesn't matter if they are nor providing you the agreed service the contract is null and void you can walk away penalty free.
Old 11-11-2020, 18:59   #35
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

When did Ofcom start dealing with individual’s problems?

From Ofcom website:

“ We don’t handle:

individual disputes between you and your home phone, broadband or mobile provider - they will be dealt with via an ADR scheme;”
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 19:23   #36
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Doesn't matter if they are nor providing you the agreed service the contract is null and void you can walk away penalty free.
That's what I think too.

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
When did Ofcom start dealing with individual’s problems?

From Ofcom website:

“ We don’t handle:

individual disputes between you and your home phone, broadband or mobile provider - they will be dealt with via an ADR scheme;”
There are reasons which I don't wish to go into, I suspect that i'm the exception rather than the rule.

Ofcom would like anybody affected by the way that Virgin Media are treating customers to complete this form:

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/...mCCTMonitoring

Any particularly incidents of bad behaviour and matters of compliance are especially welcome.

The more evidence they have, the better. Virgin Media aren't in their good books after being the only company to refuse to sign a good practice agreement. In an unprecedented move, Ofcom went onto live TV and advised unhappy customers to switch suppliers..

Virgin Media is currently at the top of the list for being the most complained about Pay TV supplier and It's easy to see why.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 11-11-2020 at 19:29.
Old 11-11-2020, 19:47   #37
oscarandjo
cf.member

oscarandjo is on a distinguished roadoscarandjo is on a distinguished road

I've had a VM customer retentions employee mis-sell me a package, with half the stated speeds, for a higher cost, with a SIM card I didn't even need. It took me months to get this fixed, they did not respond to my 5 letters, and in the end I had to raise the complaint with CISAS. On the very last day of CISAS's deadline, they finally responded to the CISAS complaint and resolved everything.

Now just 54 days later Virgin have reneged on their own resolution, upped my price, and cut my broadband speeds.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...8#post36037028

I'm reaching the end of my tether with these incompetent tw*ts.
oscarandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 20:22   #38
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I'm being totally honest here, I've never had a problem with the CS of Virgin Media, I've always found them to be very helpful anytime that I have called them, it certainly helps when you are polite.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 20:40   #39
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I'm being totally honest here, I've never had a problem with the CS of Virgin Media, I've always found them to be very helpful anytime that I have called them, it certainly helps when you are polite.
Same here.
Old 11-11-2020, 20:48   #40
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I’ve had differing experiences, but mostly good - perseverance, patience, and politeness (no matter how frustrated you feel), usually pays off.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 21:06   #41
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Tell me where legal action by me against anybody has been mentioned.
Let's be fair Richard, you've got form for this - when it comes to threatening to get your high powered legal team on the case you could put Donald to shame .
GrimUpNorth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 22:09   #42
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Seriously ??

Use speaker mode, or get a headset ... sheesh.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 22:30   #43
oscarandjo
cf.member

oscarandjo is on a distinguished roadoscarandjo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I'm very polite with customer service people, I recognise they're just doing their job and whatever complaint I have isn't their fault.

I've been a customer for years and years, and had the same experience as you, the support has always sorted out any complaint I had and I've always had a technician within a few days.

No complaints, until COVID happened, then Virgin's customer service went off a cliff. Since then they've used it as an excuse to provide woeful customer service.
oscarandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 22:54   #44
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Let's be fair Richard, you've got form for this - when it comes to threatening to get your high powered legal team on the case you could put Donald to shame .
Explain where this has been mentioned in this particular case?

---------- Post added at 22:45 ---------- Previous post was at 22:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Seriously ??

Use speaker mode, or get a headset ... sheesh.
It's already been explained why I cannot do this.

---------- Post added at 22:54 ---------- Previous post was at 22:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarandjo View Post
I'm very polite with customer service people, I recognise they're just doing their job and whatever complaint I have isn't their fault.

I've been a customer for years and years, and had the same experience as you, the support has always sorted out any complaint I had and I've always had a technician within a few days.

No complaints, until COVID happened, then Virgin's customer service went off a cliff. Since then they've used it as an excuse to provide woeful customer service.
Oh it's been going downhill for longer than Covid (which a lot are now using as an excuse). I had estimated this to be for the last 18 months or so, until another forum member reminded me of this report that Chris wrote for Cableforum in 2017:

'Customer Service has been a problem for a while, this article is from April 2017 but things have become much worse since then (even before Covid):
https://www.cableforum.uk/article/57...t-virgin-media

The horror stories all over Twitter, Facebook and VM's own forum show that problems relating to customer service are very widespread. Hopefully if/when the merger with O2 goes ahead it will be given a radical shake up, It's hard to see how it could get any worse.'
Old 11-11-2020, 22:54   #45
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Do you know if you can make calls from a tablet?
Just install Skype. (Other VOIP services are available)
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote