Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Software driver connundrum - EPSON ePosNOW

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Software driver connundrum - EPSON ePosNOW

Old 31-10-2020, 19:14   #1
Eddie_P
cf.member

Eddie_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Software driver connundrum - EPSON ePosNOW

A friend has asked me to find the driver for a printer which may be an eoson, but is difficult to know. The plastic plate on the ront has been removed so you can see the print head. A metallic 3M 7872 has been stuck on the back saying
EPOSNOW-80LUS

There is nothing at EPSON with this name so I think he has been sold a dud

It's a ESC/POS printer, 24v/2.5A 300mm SEC.
It is black and has power switch front right, with a DSUB 9 pin femail, RJ45 and female B USB under the back panel

The printer appears well used from greasy marks, yet says it is 2020190730 but I suspect this might be a seller code sticker.

He has not given me the power supply which is round three pin. So I cannot plug it in to a PC and see if Windows autodetects. because I would bet it comes up with a TM or similar. If no-one here can suggest anything, I will have to go and get he poweer suppy, but this would be a pain as I am doing this free, and it will cost me fuel

Does anyone have any ideas so I can help him out.? He is only just making a living with a takeaway restaurant, I am a friend and am trying to prevent him from going under, free of charge. I think he must have bought the printer on eBay.

Thanks
Eddie
Sussex, UK
MCP
Eddie_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-10-2020, 19:30   #2
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Software driver connundrum - EPSON ePosNOW

Try Googling "Epson printer dsub rj45" and see if your model appears in the results.
Eg DM-D110/DM-D210
Or "80LUS driver"

Epson Website, POS Drivers etc

Quote:
ePOS-Print XML is the Epson original control command system for POS printers and customer displays
defined in XML. With ePOS-Print XML commands, you can print in environments where http communication
is available and from OS applications. For detailed information about ePOS-Print XML, see the ePOS-Print
XML User's Manual.
Quote:
EPSON Advanced Printer Driver Windows printer driver that can display on the customer display.
TM Virtual Port Driver Use when controlling ESC/POS commands using a serial (USB controlled) connection. This driver recognizes the customer display connected to the TM printer as a virtual serial port.
DM-D Virtual COM Port Driver Use this for the USB connection. This driver recognizes the customer display connected to the USB as a virtual serial port. This driver is already installed in the TM intelligent printer's TM-DT
series.
Quote:
You can obtain software and manuals from one of the following URLs.
For customers in North America, go to the following web site and follow the on-screen instructions.
http://www.epson.com/support/
For customers in other countries, go to the following web site:
http://download.epson-biz.com/?service=pos

Last edited by nomadking; 31-10-2020 at 19:53.
nomadking is online now   Reply With Quote