Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Show Renewals & Cancellations

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

TV Show Renewals & Cancellations

Old 01-07-2011, 04:37   #16
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Renewals & Cancellations : 2011 : Update

Hmm, thats a bit of a surprise, I thought it had been reasonably well received. I watched them all, and it was ok, I preferred Game of Thrones myself.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2011, 05:10   #17
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

There's a few reasons going around, one is that it cost $7m an episode apparently. Another reason is that there was a load of contract issues.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:53   #18
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

The Event - I really liked it, but the writing was on the wall when it was bumped to the graveyard slot on CH4
Old 01-07-2011, 13:49   #19
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
The Event - I really liked it, but the writing was on the wall when it was bumped to the graveyard slot on CH4
As usual, canned just when it was starting to get good
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 19:08   #20
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Camelot - I didn't find it surprising that it was cancelled. IMO it got worse with each episode, plus it suffered from a lot of unfavourable (but IMO very fair) comparisons to Game of Thrones. Ratings weren't great, reviews weren't great.

The Event - the problem is it took so long before it "started to get good"! It did improve after its forced re-tooling during the longer-than-normal mid-season hiatus, but it was way too late by then, as the damage had been done.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2011, 12:57   #21
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: Renewals & Cancellations : 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary View Post
how the hell can they cancel lie to me its awsome, and keep gossip girl on air the programe sucks
I agree with you about `lie to me`,i love the show. Mind you did you notice how more agressive dr. lightman got in the last series? it did irritate me a little
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:56   #22
cimt

Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this but SyFy have cancelled Eureka. The good news is we'll still get to see the rest of season 4.5, a Christmas special and the 5th season. I just hope that it gets a proper ending because apparently filming is almost over.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-season/99918/
Old 09-08-2011, 09:47   #23
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this but SyFy have cancelled Eureka. The good news is we'll still get to see the rest of season 4.5, a Christmas special and the 5th season. I just hope that it gets a proper ending because apparently filming is almost over.

How typical is that.Just about every show I like gets cancelled but crap like Big Brother gets transferred from channel to channel..
Old 09-08-2011, 10:04   #24
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
How typical is that.Just about every show I like gets cancelled but crap like Big Brother gets transferred from channel to channel..
I feel the same about Big Brother, although I never liked Eureka so won't miss it's passing.

I'm surprised it's lasted so long.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:43   #25
jamiefrost
cf.geek

Services: V+, XL TV and Phone XXL BB
jamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post

Nooooooo.

Really like that show, at this rate it will be soaps and reality shows 24x7

So many good shows cancelled, so much crap renewed.

J
jamiefrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 14:30   #26
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

NOOOOO!... I LOVE EUREKA! And it's one of SyFys best rated shows...so I'm not quite sure why they've cancelled it...

And as they've almost finished filming S5 I doubt the ending will wrap up all of the story arcs...

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiefrost View Post
So many good shows cancelled, so much crap renewed.
I agree with that completely!
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 15:00   #27
cimt

The problem is that SyFy treats the show badly. I mean come on, Eureka season 4 started airing the same day as Warehouse 13 aired its second season and now W13 is on it's third season whilst Eureka is now on 4.5.
Old 09-08-2011, 16:03   #28
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Another great show killed

I hope W13 and Haven manage to survive.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 17:17   #29
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Another great show killed

I hope W13 and Haven manage to survive.
Am sure W13 will be safe :-)
Old 09-08-2011, 19:26   #30
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

I can`t believe Eureka is being cancelled,it`s a fantastic program. As others have said why is it all the good programs are being cancelled but the crap survive? Could it be that the crap programs are cheaper to make?
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote