Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Channels switched to MPEG4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Channels switched to MPEG4

Old 18-05-2019, 18:35   #46
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Channels switched to MPEG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Over the last few days FOUR new channels has started to broadcast on C052.

One is broadcasting in UHD
Two is broadcasting in MPEG2
One is broadcasting in MPEG4

-BT Sport 4K Hidden (HEVC)
-BT Sport 4K Slate (MPEG2)*
-BT Sport HD Hidden (MPEG2)**
-BT Sport HD Hidden (MPEG4)**

*Broadcasting an Slate about BBC TWO HD moving to Channel 102.
**Broadcasting BT Sport 2 HD.

http://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.ph...ng=en&mux=C052
I posted this yesterday morning on the sport thread. I can't think what it would be though, and no-one else suggested anything. Any ideas?
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-05-2019, 18:41   #47
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

I did not see your post from when I saw it today I want to this thread.

I think Virgin Media UK are maybe set to launch an UHD Stream on CO52.

As Virgin TV Ultra UHD sits beside Red Button and Radio Channels on CO68.
And BT Sport 4K UHD also sits beside Red Button and Radio Channels on CO73.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 19:32   #48
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
I did not see your post from when I saw it today I want to this thread.

I think Virgin Media UK are maybe set to launch an UHD Stream on CO52.

As Virgin TV Ultra UHD sits beside Red Button and Radio Channels on CO68.
And BT Sport 4K UHD also sits beside Red Button and Radio Channels on CO73.
Another UHD stream? I wonder what that would be?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 20:06   #49
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Another UHD stream? I wonder what that would be?
Virgin Media do NOT have an UHD Stream. All UHD Channels sits beside Radio or Red Button Channels over two streams.

As far as I know Virgin are broadcasting two Virgin TV Ultra HD Channels on CO68:

-Virgin TV Ultra HD (Old) (SID 2102)
-Virgin TV Ultra HD (New) (SID 2104)
Old 19-05-2019, 01:28   #50
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

Virgin Media do NOT have an UHD Stream. All UHD Channels sits beside Radio or Red Button Channels over two streams.

As far as I know Virgin are broadcasting two Virgin TV Ultra HD Channels on CO68:

-Virgin TV Ultra HD (Old) (SID 2102)
-Virgin TV Ultra HD (New) (SID 2104)
I wasn't arguing with you, just quoting your very own post, old chap!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2019, 03:04   #51
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Over the last few days FOUR new channels has started to broadcast on C052.

One is broadcasting in UHD
Two is broadcasting in MPEG2
One is broadcasting in MPEG4

-BT Sport 4K Hidden (HEVC)
-BT Sport 4K Slate (MPEG2)*
-BT Sport HD Hidden (MPEG2)**
-BT Sport HD Hidden (MPEG4)**

*Broadcasting an Slate about BBC TWO HD moving to Channel 102.
**Broadcasting BT Sport 2 HD.

http://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.ph...ng=en&mux=C052

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

Also an new channel has appeared on C073

Channel is called Pure Babes HD (SID 2207) and still broadcasting in MPEG2.
BT Sport Hidden has previously been a stream for channel 100, so my guess is that these are for the Champions League and Europa Cup finals.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2019, 18:18   #52
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Meet The Babes is broadcasting in MPEG4 on CO30.

Prue Babes HD is broadcasting in MPEG2 on Virgin Channel 983.

Channel 4 AD has been readded to CO57.

---------- Post added at 17:18 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

May has been an bad month for Channels going over from MPEG2 to MPEG4 so far this month only TWO Channels has joins MPEG4. Here hoping June is better.
Old 23-05-2019, 18:22   #53
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Meet The Babes is broadcasting in MPEG4 on CO30.

Prue Babes HD is broadcasting in MPEG2 on Virgin Channel 983.

Channel 4 AD has been readded to CO57.

---------- Post added at 17:18 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

May has been an bad month for Channels going over from MPEG2 to MPEG4 so far this month only TWO Channels has joins MPEG4. Here hoping June is better.
I put the slow down in changes down to the large number of pixelisation complaints that got reported a few weeks ago. VM probably wanted to halt MPEG4 switches while they investigated and fixed. Not necessarily because they were related.
Old 02-06-2019, 19:10   #54
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Zee TV HD (It was broadcasting on SID 2407) has close on CO75 and Zee TV has launch in MPEG4 on CO29.

Viewers can view Zee TV if they have Asian Mela.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:18   #55
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

The MPEG4 switches are starting again (source DigitalBitRate).

On Tsid5/C064.
Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet+1, Discovery Science+1, DMAX+1,Discovery History +1, Home & Health +1, Discovery Shed, DMAX+1, Horse & Country, I.D.+1, Box Nation, SONY SAB, Travel Channel, Sony Crime Channel, QVC Style.

---------- Post added at 10:18 ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 ----------

And on Tsid10/C069.
BBC Parliament, BBC ONE Scotland, BBC ONE Wales, XXX Brits, Kids TV On Demand, Gems TV, Food Network, PBS America, Sky Arts, NDTV India, NDTV Spice, NDTV Good Times.

None of these two groups have changed multiplex/frequency so no need to re-Add to Favourites any of these.
Old 04-06-2019, 17:45   #56
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
The MPEG4 switches are starting again (source DigitalBitRate).

On Tsid5/C064.
Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet+1, Discovery Science+1, DMAX+1,Discovery History +1, Home & Health +1, Discovery Shed, DMAX+1, Horse & Country, I.D.+1, Box Nation, SONY SAB, Travel Channel, Sony Crime Channel, QVC Style.

---------- Post added at 10:18 ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 ----------

And on Tsid10/C069.
BBC Parliament, BBC ONE Scotland, BBC ONE Wales, XXX Brits, Kids TV On Demand, Gems TV, Food Network, PBS America, Sky Arts, NDTV India, NDTV Spice, NDTV Good Times.

None of these two groups have changed multiplex/frequency so no need to re-Add to Favourites any of these.
Thanks for info.

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:33 ----------

Look like the following channels are set to move to CO69 (Now testing on number)

Paramount Network (1002)
Channel unkown [ITVBe?] (1006)
Channel unkown [TV X?] (1009)
Television PPN Info (1010)
Virgin TV Highlights (1013)
Channel unkown [Bangers?] (1018)
Bangers PPN Info (1019)
ITV2 (2001)
ITV4 (2101)
Channel unknown [40+?] (2201)
40+ PPN Info (2371)
Channel unknown [Adult Channel] (2401)
Adult Channel PPN Info (2571)

So CO46, CO53, CO54, CO65 and CO70 all may move in the coming days (Wednesday and Thursday).
Old 10-06-2019, 18:32   #57
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Do anyone think the following channels will move to CO69 this week?

(Now testing on number)

Paramount Network (1002)
Channel unkown [ITVBe?] (1006)
Channel unkown [TV X?] (1009)
Television PPN Info (1010)
Virgin TV Highlights (1013)
Channel unkown [Bangers?] (1018)
Bangers PPN Info (1019)
ITV2 (2001)
ITV4 (2101)
Channel unknown [40+?] (2201)
40+ PPN Info (2371)
Channel unknown [Adult Channel] (2401)
Adult Channel PPN Info (2571)
Old 10-06-2019, 18:53   #58
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Does anyone know if ITV and ITV2 have changed over yet? If so, when did this happen? Thanks.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 19:06   #59
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Does anyone know if ITV and ITV2 have changed over yet? If so, when did this happen? Thanks.
ITV, ITV3 and ITVBe has moved.

ITV2, ITV4 and ITV4 +1 has still to move.

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:58 ----------

Channels still to moved:

https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/p/...-mpeg4-on.html

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

ITVBe moved on May 1st.
ITV2 +1 and ITVBe +1 did move on April 1st.

ITV, ITV3, ITV3 +1 and CITV was moved before April 1st 2019. (We only started to follow on April 1st.)

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 10-06-2019 at 19:10.
Old 10-06-2019, 21:17   #60
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Cheers MB
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote