Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Get ready for the biggest joke ever.......

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Get ready for the biggest joke ever.......

Old 23-11-2011, 22:12   #16
KenK
Inactive

KenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to all
Re: Get ready for the biggest joke ever.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milambar View Post
I hate to ask, but have you actually cheched the shub's config, to make sure its been provisioned correctly?
Why should he have to? He's asked VM to change the service, and agreed to pay for it - a competent supplier would make sure the service has been "provisioned" correctly. Why is it his task to check that VM has done its job properly?
KenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-11-2011, 23:12   #17
AndyCalling
Inactive

Services: Fixed phone service (inclusive weekend calls) & internet service (200/12meg)
AndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenK View Post
Why should he have to? He's asked VM to change the service, and agreed to pay for it - a competent supplier would make sure the service has been "provisioned" correctly. Why is it his task to check that VM has done its job properly?
Because it might get him to a solution more swiftly?
AndyCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 05:30   #18
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

everything looks good, the only thing it can be is the superhub. I ran some speed tests last night and several more a minute ago (just after 0500) and I am getting near enough 10 up but it maxes out at 54 down. The only thing it can be is the hub. I'll wait till Saturday and see what the new does.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 08:37   #19
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

I don't understand how it can't give 100meg as its essentially a modem in modem mode
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 08:40   #20
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Was the correct (12v) power supply used?
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 09:13   #21
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Can I kindly remind you of the forum policies regarding the VM equipment names and not to use stupid childish names. Warnings and or infractions will be issued if the name calling continues.

Thanks.
Old 24-11-2011, 12:53   #22
lowei
Inactive

Services: BT INFINITY sky hd
lowei has a spectacular aura about themlowei has a spectacular aura about themlowei has a spectacular aura about themlowei has a spectacular aura about them

Hi General Maximus
I am now with bt infinity so dont need my vmng300 modem,if this will work, by all means you can have this of me
lowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 13:12   #23
Milambar
Inactive

Milambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe that would work, as the modem as been activated for your account, not his. There have been posts on these forums in the past to the effect that, that once activated on an account, a modem cannot then be used by a person on a different account.

Others here who know better will confirm, or correct that statement.
Milambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 15:59   #24
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Services: 350Mb (Hub 3) | TV: 2x TiVo on XL | Phone
GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks View Post
Was the correct (12v) power supply used?
Yer, make sure of this, as I have read over at the VM forum that this can cause problems. Some tech seem to use the same power supply as the modem, when it should be changed.
GazCBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 16:32   #25
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
everything looks good, the only thing it can be is the superhub. I ran some speed tests last night and several more a minute ago (just after 0500) and I am getting near enough 10 up but it maxes out at 54 down. The only thing it can be is the hub. I'll wait till Saturday and see what the new does.
How do you know though that the modem they removed would have given you any difference in speed?

Also looking at comments in other threads (regarding more channels being used) the vmng300 might not be any good for higher speeds??
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 19:13   #26
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowei View Post
Hi General Maximus
I am now with bt infinity so dont need my vmng300 modem,if this will work, by all means you can have this of me
I can't thank you enough for the offer dude. Let me bang my letter off to them and see if they will give me a VMNG300. If they say they haven't got any left I'll ask them if they'll register a new mac address on my account if i can get hold of one myself and I'll gladly pay you for the modem; you'll be a life saver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
How do you know though that the modem they removed would have given you any difference in speed?

Also looking at comments in other threads (regarding more channels being used) the vmng300 might not be any good for higher speeds??
The chances are it would have, my connection has always been pretty much perfect for the last 2 years on 50mbit with the VMNG300. I ran some speed tests on different servers yesterday morning just for comparison before the switch over and I was getting a solid 49mbits on a 50mbit connection with the VMNG300. With the shub it is now averaging 32mbit on a 100mbit connection on the same channels I was using before and that can't be a coincidence. If it wasn't doing 100mbit (or close to) on the VMNG300 then I wouldn't be moaning because I know the modem is/was in perfect working order. It would have handled 100mbit no problemo because it only uses 4 downstream channels. The VMNG300 maxes out on 4 channels so I wouldn't have been able to keep it if I upgraded to 200mbit. The shub is capable of using 8 channels although it only uses 4 for 100mbit, which is why I wanted to keep the VMNG300.
Old 24-11-2011, 21:18   #27
KenK
Inactive

KenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCalling View Post
Because it might get him to a solution more swiftly?
Um, is that not VM's job? To supply the customer with the service that they have agreed to pay for? Without the customer having to check up on them? Or is that too much to hope for from a 21st century technology company?
KenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 21:55   #28
General Maximus
Ran Away

I always try to diagnose things myself anyway so I know what the problem is and I don't get fobbed off. It helps to know what you are talking about because we went through the "your network card must be too slow", "you need to update the drivers on your NIC" etc etc. All the stuff the dude did yesterday to check my connection I had already done which is why I thought it was a joke when when they couldn't work out what was wrong, it naturally must have been my pc.
Old 24-11-2011, 22:15   #29
Pantsu-san
Inactive

Services: Club 300@100 & other stuffs
Pantsu-san is on a distinguished roadPantsu-san is on a distinguished road

If you're talking solely about getting your old VMNG300 reinstated then offshore support are useless (and quite possibly, generally useless) so it's a waste of time dealing with them. Ping a mail to the CEO and explain, calmly and honestly without getting stressed, your situation. You should find yourself communicating with people that actually care about how the customer feels and not just whether your Direct Debit has been paid for the month.
Pantsu-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 22:39   #30
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: Get ready for the biggest joke ever.......

Have you checked the power supply .As i have had a couple of jobs passed to me from the fault techs and the installer has not changed the power supply .
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote