Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V6 box has no internet connection

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

V6 box has no internet connection

Old 15-01-2020, 18:06   #16
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: V6 box has no internet connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
That's a known fault, but there's no permanent fix at the moment. You might be able to stop it happening by disabling power-saving.

Though it doesn't appear to be den's issue, as a power cycle would have resolved it immediately.
Good to know I'm not alone ! As mentioned it drops WiFi very infrequently, but irritating when it does. Think I tried different power saving options.

VM must have known about this issue early on hence them making ethernet the default connection and only installing V6's near hubs. Sounds like a hardware issue if they've not been able to solve by now. Roll on the V7......
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-01-2020, 00:13   #17
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
VM must have known about this issue early on hence them making ethernet the default connection
No, that was just because Ethernet is undeniably better. WiFi has range and interference problems.

Quote:
Sounds like a hardware issue if they've not been able to solve by now.
It's probably a software fault, but in the low-level drivers and fixing it would risk introducing worse problems.

Quote:
Roll on the V7......
There won't be a V7, just like there wasn't a V5.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 07:13   #18
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post

There won't be a V7, just like there wasn't a V5.
What about a V6+.
Old 17-01-2020, 00:56   #19
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough

I have a similar problem, Hub and PC upstairs, TV and V6 downstairs.

If the Wifi has a drop during the night, I wake up to see the TV screen displaying 'No Programmes'
I overcome this by going to Home Dashboard on my LG TV, then Virgin Media East Midlands.

Maybe I will have a look at Power Save settings hoping it stops the overnight blip on the WiFi.
TIA
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 10:20   #20
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus0898uk View Post
IIf the Wifi has a drop during the night, I wake up to see the TV screen displaying 'No Programmes'
I overcome this by going to Home Dashboard on my LG TV, then Virgin Media East Midlands.

Maybe I will have a look at Power Save settings hoping it stops the overnight blip on the WiFi.
TIA
If you are fixing it by reselecting the HDMI input on the TV, it's a communication problem between the V6 and the TV, rather than anything to do with WiFi. But coincidentally, disabling power saving on the V6 may stop it happening. (There may also be setting on the TV you can change to make sure it always selects that input)
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2020, 12:39   #21
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough

Thanks very much spider, I will try that. I have also recently changed my HDMI lead because I had earlier sound problems which were sorted by going via help and settings to Dolby PCI.
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote