Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 12-05-2019, 22:59   #6016
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l have been referred for a urgent Gastroscopy for next Monday.
I also had an invite at my local NHS hospital together with a stomach biopsy.
Due to my complex meds which include two tabs which prevent my blood from clotting I declined the invite.
Not only did I advise my GP of my refusal, my heart consultant agreed on my actions and sent off a stern letter to the gastro team.
In the end I had a Barium meal which proved no stomach probs.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-05-2019, 07:10   #6017
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging bull View Post
I also had an invite at my local NHS hospital together with a stomach biopsy.
Due to my complex meds which include two tabs which prevent my blood from clotting I declined the invite.
Not only did I advise my GP of my refusal, my heart consultant agreed on my actions and sent off a stern letter to the gastro team.
In the end I had a Barium meal which proved no stomach probs.
The thing is with a Gastroscopy although it can be uncomfortable at times it can also treat any potential condition that is prevalent there and take biopsy's when the procedure is taking place as the GP did mention a Barium meal but felt the Gastroscopy although more uncomfortable was the better option for me.

l am also under a heart consultant but l do not take any clotting drugs currently as my heart condition is Dilated Cardiomyopathy and l also have a implanted ICD as well.
Old 13-05-2019, 11:55   #6018
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

All these fancy names for a 'dicky ticker', with me it's just a case of heart muscle damage with every heart attack I have.
Considering 30+years since a triple heart graft followed by stents galore and five heart attacks, just take each day as it comes!
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2019, 00:46   #6019
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Absolutely shattered as the hospital phoned me to go up as Dad was getting a bit distressed managed to settle him down he just got himself in a bit of a tiss and would not listen to anyone thankfully I managed to reassure him that no one was putting him a home unless that is what he wanted.

My heart is breaking tonight honestly it is smashed to bits.

What we have here as I explained to my hubby and the fantastic nurses is we have a frightened old man who seems to trust no one apart from me for some reason as my sister had tried previously to reassure him but to no avail sadly, credit where credit is due at least my sister went up when the hospital called.

Last edited by weenie; 14-05-2019 at 00:52.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2019, 06:51   #6020
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Absolutely shattered as the hospital phoned me to go up as Dad was getting a bit distressed managed to settle him down he just got himself in a bit of a tiss and would not listen to anyone thankfully I managed to reassure him that no one was putting him a home unless that is what he wanted.

My heart is breaking tonight honestly it is smashed to bits.

What we have here as I explained to my hubby and the fantastic nurses is we have a frightened old man who seems to trust no one apart from me for some reason as my sister had tried previously to reassure him but to no avail sadly, credit where credit is due at least my sister went up when the hospital called.
My thoughts are with you weenie as its never easy when loved ones are in hospital as its very easy for family members to get upset and distressed l can assure you from our own family experiences..
Old 14-05-2019, 11:22   #6021
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Thanks den I'm currently trying to get to the bottom of why my Dad thinks he is going in a home as the hospital has reassured me that they have never mentioned this to my father and as my sister and I don't talk there is no way I will ever know if she has made a passing comment.

The only thing I can think of is maybe she has said come on Dad let's get you home as you don't want to go into care as some encouragement to get him fighting as I truly believe that even she would not say right Dad if your not careful you could end up in a home.

All I know is he was really quite low and depressed at the thought if not getting home thankfully he now knows or seems to believe us when I say no Dad you will see your house again, honestly it was heartbreaking. He does seem very mistrusting at times.
Old 14-05-2019, 12:09   #6022
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Thanks den I'm currently trying to get to the bottom of why my Dad thinks he is going in a home as the hospital has reassured me that they have never mentioned this to my father and as my sister and I don't talk there is no way I will ever know if she has made a passing comment.

The only thing I can think of is maybe she has said come on Dad let's get you home as you don't want to go into care as some encouragement to get him fighting as I truly believe that even she would not say right Dad if your not careful you could end up in a home.

All I know is he was really quite low and depressed at the thought if not getting home thankfully he now knows or seems to believe us when I say no Dad you will see your house again, honestly it was heartbreaking. He does seem very mistrusting at times.
I think that being in hospital with no control over your what is happening is very frightening at the best of times. Someone who is clinging to his independence, such a your Father, will feel even more worried about his future so, add lots of time to stew on what lays ahead of him, a daughter who doesn't know how to think things through before putting her mouth in gear and it's a recipe for a panic attack.

PM me if you want a good rant sweetie.

Jo xx
Old 18-05-2019, 00:14   #6023
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Customers who, despite me wearing a hi vis jacket and a loud rumbling sound of trolleys, can't move out of the damn way causing me to nearly injure myself to stop trolleys from running into people.

MOVE OUT OF THE DAMN WAY PEOPLE, I CAN'T STOP QUICKLY LIKE A CAR.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 00:32   #6024
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseFalcon View Post
Customers who, despite me wearing a hi vis jacket and a loud rumbling sound of trolleys, can't move out of the damn way causing me to nearly injure myself to stop trolleys from running into people.

MOVE OUT OF THE DAMN WAY PEOPLE, I CAN'T STOP QUICKLY LIKE A CAR.
Oh dear Mark you sound like my youngest lol he hates being asked to round up the trolleys but as I say to him count to 10 and think of your next pay cheque

But you have my sympathy as some of the stories I have heard and experienced in retail is unbelievable at times. As I have also said to my son and the advise that I gave him is this yes I also used to hate it when a customer was rude or said I pay your wages and tbh I used to think to myself and that gives you the excuse to talk to me like something you've stepped on honestly the secret here is count to 10 then just smile politely and the most important thing is look sincere and not patronising and last but no means least say sorry...customers love that IMO.

Last edited by weenie; 18-05-2019 at 00:39.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 00:38   #6025
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

So with my health getting worse and my kidney function getting really bad, had been down to 35 which is almost 50% I was sent for a kidney biopsy a couple of weeks ago.

Seemed to go ok however next day I get a sharp shooting pain and went back, after bloods and an ultrasound it was found that I had a small internal bleed and was extremely anemic, bloods were down to 62 and kidney function down to 27.

Was kept in for 3 days and given IV iron and put on iron tablets.

Visit to consultant on Wednesday there conformed decreased kidney function is due to diabetes and as it's dropped so much since September that they want to place me on the transplant list and get one done asap.

Not good at all. Have been totally shattered and out of breath at the smallest amount of exercise or walking short distances.

Shocked and worried but hopefully I'll feel so much better.

Still trying to find a job after being made redundant recently too. But not feeling well enough to attend interviews is a hindrance.
Old 18-05-2019, 00:42   #6026
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Except that it's not usually this relentlessly awful. Especially in July/August.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
So with my health getting worse and my kidney function getting really bad, had been down to 35 which is almost 50% I was sent for a kidney biopsy a couple of weeks ago.

Seemed to go ok however next day I get a sharp shooting pain and went back, after bloods and an ultrasound it was found that I had a small internal bleed and was extremely anemic, bloods were down to 62 and kidney function down to 27.

Visit to consultant on Wednesday there conformed decreased kidney function is due to diabetes and as it's dropped so much since September that they want to place me on the transplant list and get one done asap.

Not good at all. Have been totally shattered and out of breath at the smallest amount of exercise or walking short distances.

Still trying to find a job after being made redundant recently too. But not feeling well enough to attend interviews is a hindrance.

Sorry to hear this Stephen hope things improve for you soon
Old 18-05-2019, 01:45   #6027
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:

I know exactly what you're going through. Going through it myself but with PKD. Just feel kind of in limbo at the mo. I hope you manage to get things under control.

I tend to pee a lot of blood so have to have my blood checked often. My first iron infusion weren't too bad, but they seem to put them through quicker now and the last one I ended up really ill afterwards.

Last edited by peanut; 18-05-2019 at 01:51.
peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 06:44   #6028
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:

l hope you get better soon Stephen and get a kidney transplant as my thoughts are with you.
Old 18-05-2019, 08:46   #6029
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Stephen, Peanut and Denphone
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 08:52   #6030
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
I know exactly what you're going through. Going through it myself but with PKD. Just feel kind of in limbo at the mo. I hope you manage to get things under control.

I tend to pee a lot of blood so have to have my blood checked often. My first iron infusion weren't too bad, but they seem to put them through quicker now and the last one I ended up really ill afterwards.
Hope you are ok.

Yeah it's not good. They are calling it renal failure for now or CKD.

I was getting my bloods every 2 weeks before the biopsy. Lots of protein and blood where it shouldn't be.