Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 18-10-2019, 20:06   #6616
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
ROKU is designed for streaming and is classed as a streaming platform, vms tivo is classed as a linear platform.
This is rather interesting though from USA Tivo https://www.slashgear.com/tivo-plus-...mers-15595653/

So never say never regarding vms tivo.
I don't think how VM's V6 box is classed has anything to do with Virgin's ability to add streaming services to its offering. It will have to do a lot better than that if it really does have ambitions to be a super-aggregator of content.

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Better to see how it does in the market rather then Virgin just signing any deal willy nilly.
I think Apple +, Britbox and Disney + are pretty safe bets, Den. All the big-name streamers should be available on the V6 at launch, in my view. That would make Virgin's service very popular.
Advertisement
Old 19-10-2019, 19:26   #6617
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Which of the new streamers would you consider purchasing after their UK launch? I’d be getting Disney+, BritBox and HBO Max, as I only use my friend’s Netflix right now for streaming.
Old 19-10-2019, 21:40   #6618
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
Which of the new streamers would you consider purchasing after their UK launch? I’d be getting Disney+, BritBox and HBO Max, as I only use my friend’s Netflix right now for streaming.
For me, HBO Max is the only one I'd be interested in.

Britbox may prove to be worthwhile in time, but I am not at all interested in old archive material and so there is unlikely to be much of interest to me at launch. However, this will be a jolly good site for lovers of UKTV channels.
Old 27-10-2019, 07:31   #6619
DVD Cinema
cf.addict

DVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
Using Britbox now and going to try Disney+.

Britbox has more uk tv choice than Netflix, Amazon or Now TV.

Old 27-10-2019, 08:17   #6620
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Cinema View Post
Using Britbox now and going to try Disney+.

Britbox has more uk tv choice than Netflix, Amazon or Now TV.

As its not available yet in the UK you must either be a UK beta customer or you must be subscribing to it in America.
Old 27-10-2019, 08:38   #6621
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Britbox US has an amazing list of stuff going back to the 60s- well worth subscribing.

Britbox UK I took out the free trial. I know it's a beta but the current content is poor and is mainly a mix of BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub and UKTV.

I found one series on there I had missed when originally shown - and this week it got add to the ITV Hub so glad I didn't pay.
Old 27-10-2019, 09:35   #6622
DVD Cinema
cf.addict

DVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about them

I signed up to the free month UK Britbox trial.

It is on web browsers, Android and Airplays to my Apple TV fine. Have to keep the IOS device screen on though.

Choice and HD quality is excellent. Seems to be all HD, or scaled to HD.

No onscreen DOG or ads too.

Not sure about movies or Dolby 5.1 though.

Last edited by DVD Cinema; 27-10-2019 at 09:38.
Old 27-10-2019, 10:14   #6623
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Technically no issues - but the selection is about 10% of the US version.

Hopefully it will get similar - but the US seem to get a better choice of old UK material than the UK do in any of the apps.

Last edited by ozsat; 27-10-2019 at 10:42.
Old 27-10-2019, 11:06   #6624
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Just looked on the Disney+ Netherlands site.

Unlimited downloads
4 Simultaneous streams
Upto 10 devices
4K HDR
The ability to setup 7 profiles and child profiles like Netflix.
€6.99 monthly with no contract or €69.99 annually.

Seems reasonable.
Old 27-10-2019, 11:27   #6625
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

Unlimited downloads
4 Simultaneous streams
Upto 10 devices
4K HDR

Seems reasonable.
Its starting to make Netflix look rather pricey would you not say.
Old 27-10-2019, 11:47   #6626
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Its starting to make Netflix look rather pricey would you not say.
That's why I see Netflix going the way of Blockbuster once all the big streamers come on line if not before.
Old 27-10-2019, 11:56   #6627
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
That's why I see Netflix going the way of Blockbuster once all the big streamers come on line if not before.
l posted a link a while back on Blockbuster all those years ago being the big daddy of them all and the similarities between the two are striking.
Old 27-10-2019, 14:00   #6628
DVD Cinema
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

Unlimited downloads
4 Simultaneous streams
Upto 10 devices
4K HDR

Seems reasonable.
Do you know what the bitrate audio rate is please?
Old 27-10-2019, 14:19   #6629
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Cinema View Post
Do you know what the bitrate audio rate is please?
https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.ph...&id=1570449300

Not sure of exact details
Old 27-10-2019, 17:05   #6630
oliver1948uk
cf.geek

Services: VM Mix TV, 200 internet, basic house phone. Also Virgin mobile phone
oliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quads

Would somebody with the new UK Britbox tell me if subtitles are available.

BBC iPlayer provides subtitles but the equivalent catch up services of ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 and UKTV do not, rendering them useless for me.
Closed Thread