Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | HELP needed, ADSL modem static ip

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking

HELP needed, ADSL modem static ip

Old 08-02-2005, 10:31   #1
tkiely
Inactive

tkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to tkiely
Question HELP needed, ADSL modem static ip

Hi,

I am in a huge rush, have to build a WAN for 10 offices using ADSL. They have watchguard firebox at head office and i am using watchguard edge x5s for the branches. Trouble is I need to find an ADSL modem which offers the ablity to passthrough a 'real' IP address to the edge x5 device! can anybody recommend something that will do this please?

I would just buy one and do a trial but I have to order all ten today so that the roll out can start by the end of the week!

thanks in advance.

Terry
tkiely is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2005, 10:55   #2
Stuartbe
cf.mega poster

Stuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this point
Stuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: HELP needed, ADSL modem static ip

I use a DSL-300T ethernet modem of my cisco pix.

May be worth a look....

http://www.dlink.co.uk/?go=jN7uAYLx/...zi3qfiKU8RsOs=
Stuartbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:04   #3
tkiely
Inactive

tkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to tkiely

Thanks Stu,

you are the second person to recommend those, so i guess that will be the solution!

funnily enough I am working in Luton on this myself!

cheers

Terry
tkiely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:39   #4
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

yeah they have a good chipset in them just remmeber to go into managment and SAVE ALL changes - as its a right pain sometimes
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote