Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ADSL modem router - 8 port reccomendations sought?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ADSL modem router - 8 port reccomendations sought?

Old 14-12-2004, 11:50   #16
zoombini
Inactive

Services: I no longer receive cable services, I blame the inept accounts dept for that.
zoombini has reached the bronze age
zoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze age
Re: ADSL modem router - 8 port reccomendations sought?

Ditto, looks dire doesnt it.
Disconnects, no firmware updates, firmware handled in the states & subbed out to the Dutch..
zoombini is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-12-2004, 11:52   #17
zoombini
Inactive

Services: I no longer receive cable services, I blame the inept accounts dept for that.
zoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze age

Well spotted Neil, does anyone have any good/bad feedback on Simply.co.uk ?
Old 14-12-2004, 12:00   #18
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombini
Well spotted Neil, does anyone have any good/bad feedback on Simply.co.uk ?
I've used them several times (including for friends/family), no complaints from me.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2004, 12:57   #19
zoombini
Inactive

What about returns ?
Old 14-12-2004, 13:20   #20
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombini
What about returns ?
Never had to return anything, sorry.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2004, 16:58   #21
zoombini
Inactive

Don't be sorry, you just saved me £40..
Have a virtual pint on me... lol
Old 02-02-2005, 13:00   #22
zoombini
Inactive

Hmm, a step closer to getting one of these, just waiting for activation.

Does anyone know the difference between this and this ??

Now that the F5D7630uk4A has been superceded by the 7632 (apparently just a change of case).

all I can see is the networking protocol is "Networking / Data Link Protocol Fast Ethernet " ?
What's that mean in reality?
Old 02-02-2005, 16:45   #23
zoombini
Inactive

BTW Russ, are you able to use it as just a wireless router if the ADSL modem bit is not needed?
I.E. is there a WAN socket also?