Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tethering/Hotspot

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Tethering/Hotspot

Old 11-12-2018, 13:11   #1
lemarsh
cf.geek

lemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of light
Tethering/Hotspot

Has Vigin Mobile dropped the Tethering 'you are not allowed to use it'.....

I could see it in the terms & conditions previously, but just checked and can't see it anywhere.

Interested as getting a GoPro Hero 7 for live streaming, and you can only use that by using a hot spot, as opposed to connecting to the app and streaming through there.

Thanks
lemarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2018, 13:13   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Tethering/Hotspot

Yes, it's been dropped and there are now no restrictions on tethering.

However it's also not officially supported either so you won't get support on setting it up on your device.
Old 11-12-2018, 13:29   #3
lemarsh
cf.geek

lemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post

However it's also not officially supported either so you won't get support on setting it up on your device.

That's brilliant, and thanks for the quick response. setting up on iphone is easy so i wont need any support.
lemarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 10:19   #4
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

Sorry to dredge up an old thread. BenMcr is this tethering change applicable for PAYG too?

I know PAYG has many limitations on VM, like no 4G.

(I'll be amazed if they have PAYG customers left soon given the stupid configurations of their PAYG tariffs in recent years, the current one is a doozy. Legacy ones are better for those on them.)
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 10:25   #5
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

As far as I know, yes.

I can't see any tethering or hotspot reference in any of the current PAYG terms.
Old 31-07-2019, 11:14   #6
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
As far as I know, yes.

I can't see any tethering or hotspot reference in any of the current PAYG terms.
Many thanks BenMcr

There is the odd time it might be useful, so good to know.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote