Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Doctor Who

Old 19-10-2014, 22:29   #76
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Doctor Who : Season 8

Funnily enough my father in law was complaining that it's got a bit dark. But all three of my kids absolutely love it, including the youngest, who was pretty terrified by The Boneless last night, but watched the episode right to the end anyway, and raved about it afterwards.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-10-2014, 22:33   #77
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I didn't like the first one in this season but I am starting to like it. Not seen last nights yet as I've been busy but I am looking forward to seeing it tomorrow.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 09:53   #78
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I felt this episode was good in places, but I couldn't feel any empathy for any of the characters other than Clara and the Doctor. Actually, it wasn't just empathy. I don't have to empathise with a character to enjoy watching them. I don't have to even like them, but I do need to feel something about them one way or the other. The story did not spend enough time establishing the supporting characters, so I felt they were just there as fodder. I even thought that the actor who has just finished playing "Jeff" in Casualty was still playing "Jeff" from Casualty, but just in Doctor Who.

It was a good idea to separate Clara and the Doctor as it gave Jenna Colman and the story a chance to develop the character of Clara a bit more. I also like the strong hint at the end that she may be a little bit more than just another companion.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 14:42   #79
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Not liking it as much, been a fan for years.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2014, 01:04   #80
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Wow what a boring episode! Can't remember the last time I've just wanted to fast forward. Finale looks good though to end what in my opinion is probably the worst series since the 2005 revival. I don't fully blame Capaldi I blame Coleman whom just doesn't fit in with Capaldi and I blame the writers for some episodes bar a few like the orient express episode.

Hopefully we can move past Clara and onto someone that fits with Capaldi a bit better come the Christmas special.
Old 26-10-2014, 06:55   #81
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

I have to admit, I wasn't blown away by this episode, I watched 30 mins then went to bed. I'll finish watching it later.

Capaldi is still a great Doctor, but this week was a weak story.
Old 26-10-2014, 07:20   #82
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Funnily enough I thought that wasn't too bad if you excuse the awful acting from the kids, plus Maive's mother sees her other child who went missing a year ago and all she can do is stand there saying "Annabelle.....my Annabelle"...? Really?! Weak.

And Clara - how can the hottest assistant ever also consistently be the most annoying ever? But yes, next week's episode looks pretty good.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2014, 09:13   #83
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I thought it was ok. Not the best by far.

Again Clara in my opinion is much better with Capaldi and has been written a lot better for this season.

I wouldn't say hottest ever. I still think that award goes to Peri ;-)

Flying cybermen coming out of St Paul's!
Old 27-10-2014, 08:23   #84
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I enjoyed this again. I suspect what's proving so marmite about this season is, they've ramped up the fantasy and toned down the hard sci fi. That would tend to irritate the hardcore fans (or a certain section of them, anyway), while pleasing the family audience which, let's not forget, is what it's supposed to be for.

All three of my kids have sat through every episode this season, no fidgeting even from the youngest. This has never happened before.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2014, 12:28   #85
MetaWraith
Inactive

MetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appeal
MetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via ICQ to MetaWraith Send a message via AIM to MetaWraith Send a message via MSN to MetaWraith Send a message via Yahoo to MetaWraith

Hottest ever assistant IMHO is Leela, Louise Jameson
and she could kill a Sontaran with thrown dagger.

Peri was only useful if you wanted to recline on some bulgarian fun bags
MetaWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:53   #86
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Rather brilliant episode last night.

m sure most people already guessed the Missy twist even though Moffat and co tried to deny it.
Old 02-11-2014, 22:24   #87
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Nope, I didn't see that coming.
Old 02-11-2014, 22:35   #88
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Rather brilliant episode last night.

m sure most people already guessed the Missy twist even though Moffat and co tried to deny it.
When she said she was a time lady I was assuming she was going to be the Rani.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:40   #89
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Enjoyed it. Looking it up now I can see there were plenty of articles on the Masters return going as far back as June so it appeared certain anyway. Luckily I missed them all an actually thought missy was a new villain.

Would love to know how the hell the master just found his way out of Gallifrey. If that isn't answered I guess the answer "Because Master" will have to do. It's a tad bit annoying when they do stuff like that. Daleks destroyed? But really one survived or some miraculous thing happened because time. Gallifrey is lost? Different Universe? Just follow the master.
Old 03-11-2014, 13:19   #90
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Now THAT was a good episode! Coleman kept the annoying histrionics to a minimum which was great and the whole story was gripping. I guessed who Missy would probably be when she said she was a Time Lord, still it was a good 'wow' moment. For the first time in this series I'm really looking forward to next week's episode.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote