Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Charity and Fundraising Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Charity and Fundraising Thread
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 12:41   #1
Cable Forum

Cable Forum has reached the bronze age
Cable Forum has reached the bronze ageCable Forum has reached the bronze ageCable Forum has reached the bronze ageCable Forum has reached the bronze ageCable Forum has reached the bronze ageCable Forum has reached the bronze ageCable Forum has reached the bronze age
Charity and Fundraising Thread

A number of times per year we get requests from members who are taking part in charity and fundraising events, asking to post the details - so as a experiment, we have created this sticky thread to post them in.

The rules are simple - the thread will reman closed as only the team can update it. If you wish to publicise something you are taking part in - PM the team with the post you wish to add - if we accept it - it will be added to the thread in your name.

The first accepted post will be added shortly.
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2010, 12:44   #2
hooker1uk
Inactive

Services: 100mb ftth trial all 3uk mobiles Commodore 64
hooker1uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Charity and Fundraising Thread

Heya everyone.
with a week to go before me and six of my friends slog it out over 80 miles of unknown roads. on the 11th September from Rykas Cafe, Box hill, Surrey to the White Swan Inn, Dunstable.

We also have a fundraising event on the 17th september at the white swan inn, Dunstable with raffle prizes including a brand new Sony ericsson w995 (from phones4u's twitter team) and more to be confirmed still. barbecue and live entertainment is also provided thanks to the fantastic landlord, Declan

This year we are raising money 3 branches of Sands,

Surrey Sands Support Group
Bedfordshire Sands Support Group
Sands National Research.

Sands, the stillbirth and neonatal death charity offer cruicial support to parents who have experienced the loss of a baby through stillbirth or death shortly after birth.
As a charity they offer sound proof rooms in maternity wards, support and groups to help parents who may be willing to try again.

I myself have never used them, but watched them help family.
Could you please sponsor us on the official JG page

http://www.justgiving.com/bos2010

History of the event is in this youtube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1KQT6zSjtE

If anyone wants to come and see us off from box hill follow us on twitter and i'll post the meeting time up in a few days.
http://twitter.com/BallsOfSteelUK
http://twitter.com/hooker1uk

Thanks from Paul and the entire team at balls of steel 2010 Event
Old 25-09-2010, 23:32   #3
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
The Help for Heroes Thread

Its about time we had a thread that promotes anything to do with the worthwhile charity.

The video has been shown on ITV, and will be on Youtube soon I guess.

Quote:
IN THE ARMY NOW - HELP FOR HEROES SINGLE 2010

On 26 September 2010, Status Quo will release a brand new version of their classic hit "In The Army Now" through Universal / UMTV. The original track is approaching its 25th anniversary and, upon release in 1986, became one of the biggest-selling records of the '80s worldwide. All profits from this updated and lyrically-reworked version of a true fan favourite will be donated equally to the British Forces Foundation and Help For Heroes charities. The former boosts the morale of servicemen and women on the frontline and in operational theatres all over the world, primarily through high quality entertainment, and the latter provides direct, practical support for injured service personnel.

Francis Rossi said, "It seemed like the right time to do this. This release is intended to show our support for the Allied Forces around the world, but in particular, of course, the British Armed Forces. We want people to celebrate what they do, say thank you and also support these vital charities."

The stunning video was recorded at the Kiwi Barracks of the 4-Rifles regiment and on location at the National Tank Museum and is rammed with hilarious footage of the band being put through their paces on the drill square, getting behind the wheel of some seriously heavy military hardware, and much more. The video is an unalloyed triumph and a testament to the work of the British Army. The band were so enamoured by the Sergeant Major who took charge of them that they asked him to deliver the classic "Stand Up And Fight!" line on the single.

Recorded just weeks ago at the Vestry Hall of the London College of Music, the track was, once again, produced by Pip Williams. This 2010 recording also features male and female backing singers from the Corps of Army Music.

The "In The Army Now" single is aimed at refocusing attention on the amazing job being done for us around the world by the Armed Forces and also in raising some much needed funds to better support those who need it most. Status Quo are delighted to get involved with these two charities and hope that the British public connect with the campaign too.
Go out and buy it.
Old 06-06-2011, 22:52   #4
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

It's a few days to go until I embark on my latest rail race as one of my fundraisers this year for the National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society (NRAS) who are celebrating their 10th birthday.

Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a chronic, progressive and disabling auto-immune disease. There are approximately 400,000 people with RA in the UK.

I would like to help raise some funds for this patient led charity to help raise awareness about RA not only with the general public, but also with the medical professionals. NRAS offer help and support for the long term management of RA, which can affect people of any age.

I'll be starting my 48 hour Rail Race around the UK and Ireland from Birmingham New Street on 8th June at 07.30 and my first train will be down to Cardiff and due to arrive at 09.30, I'm hoping to dash to a local landmark to get a pic or two as I've built in some stopover time at each city this time.

I'll be leaving Cardiff at 11.20 to Holyhead, and arriving there at 16.15, then I'll hop onto the Swift ferry service to Dublin and arriving at 19.15

A chance to grab some pics in Dublin, before heading to the hotel (as my cousin is on holiday when I'm there so can't steal her spare room for the night)

07.30 next morning I'll be leaving Dublin Connolly station en route to Belfast, and am due to arrive there at 09.45

A chance for a quick few pics and then off to the 11.45 Stena Line ferry to Stranraer due to arrive in Scotland at 13.45.

I head off from Stranraer at 14.43, and have a change of trains at Ayr (16.13) and arrive in Glasgow Central at 17.09, a dash over to Queen street for the 17.30 train to Edinburgh, and due to arrive there at 18.24

A few hours in Edinburgh before (hopefully) getting on the 23.40 sleeper service to London Euston, and arriving in London at 06.43 on the 10th.

It would be lovely if anyone was able to pop along to any of my arrival points to say hello.

I'll be blogging the journey over on the blog page

there is also a twitter account which you can find HERE ... I’ll also be using the #NRASRailRace hashtag so it's easier to find.

Later in the year I'm hoping to do some more strenuous activities including another abseil (shoulder surgery permitting) and a few other activities I've yet to finalise.

The JustGiving page for this, and my other fundraising activities for this year can be found at

A BIG thank you to you all who have supported me in the past, and to anyone who kindly makes a donation this year. My thanks also go to the CF Team for allowing me to post info of my fundraising

Best wishes

Jo.
Old 08-12-2012, 17:40   #5
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Plugging this... http://www.justgiving.com/Russ4Dad

I'm doing a 10k run on Tuesday for my late dad's favourite charity, the PDSA. I'm almost halfway to my target and although I'm aware it's close to Christmas and people are counting the pennies, if you can donate anything it would be welcome

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 10-08-2013, 14:03   #6
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

Hi Everyone,

I'll be doing a 30m abseil on 5th October at Walsall Art Gallery to raise money for two charities (Just giving doesn't allow splits fundraising so I've had to make two separate pages)

My Charities are

National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society (NRAS) (http://www.nras.org.uk/)

Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a chronic, progressive and disabling auto-immune disease. There are approximately 400,000 people with RA in the UK.

I would like to help raise some funds for this patient led charity to help raise awareness about RA not only with the general public, but also with the medical professionals. NRAS offer help and support for the long term management of RA, which can affect people of any age.

I'm also supporting The Bike Experience (http://tbex.co.uk/) I love motorcycling and after seeing the inspirational video (http://youtu.be/I8LWFbxCb4E) of what the charity does I had to support them.

Head HERE (http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/RoboJo) to Support NRAS

Head HERE (http://www.justgiving.com/Rob0Jo) to Support The Bike Experience

A big thank you to everyone who has supported me in the past and to the CF Team.

Jo.
Old 18-06-2016, 01:46   #7
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Since this thread has been bought up, I'll mention my Daughter who is doing a skydive for Diabetes.

She herself has been diabetic since she turned one year old.

If anyone wants to donate to her, here is her page ;

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraisi...diveDiabetesUK

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 29-10-2017, 18:58   #8
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Received an out of court settlement for disability discrimination from a major company today.

Part of the settlement is a payment to go to charities of my choice. I have calculated that I have just about £2,500 left after making my donations.

If anyone here is involved in a worthwhile charity, please PM their details and what they do and i'll consider asking the company to make an amount available
Closed Thread