Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Do you use a Password Manager?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Security & Virus Discussion

Do you use a Password Manager?

Old 31-01-2019, 23:01   #16
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Do you use a Password Manager?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
You can create a one-time-password table, print it and lock it away.

Lastpass can also do things like let you in if you are using a computer you've used before and know some details on the account. They do their best but need to be secure.
I've got all my devices as trusted which is good, but if I lose my mobile someone else could get full access to lastpass if they somehow new my lastpass password and I couldn't log in without my mobile for the authenticator, lastpass lets you send an SMS code to a phone but obviously that shouldn't be the phone with the authenticator on.

I wish they had the option to send the code to an email address, it would be so much easier and quicker for account recovery to be able to disable the authenticator quickly and password change.

I don't need to printout the passwords as that would defeat the object of lastpass.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:32   #17
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

It's not a printout of passwords but a print of one-time pass codes to access LastPass if your password is lost or forgotten.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:41   #18
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
It's not a printout of passwords but a print of one-time pass codes to access LastPass if your password is lost or forgotten.
Oh i like the sound of that, i will get that setup.

I can setup the sms message with the house phone but i never seem to get the test code entered in time or i enter it incorrectly.
Old 01-02-2019, 13:24   #19
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Where is this one time passcode setting, I think I've seen it but can't find it on the PC Firefox app?
Old 04-02-2019, 13:06   #20
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Open your vault.
Bottom left ... More Options
Advanced
One Time Passwords

But this is not working properly at the moment FF on Win.
Old 04-02-2019, 16:50   #21
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Open your vault.
Bottom left ... More Options
Advanced
One Time Passwords

But this is not working properly at the moment FF on Win.
Thanks i will look into it.